Mosul

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Mosul

Postby nowonmai » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:14 am

I assume the intrepid denizens of this forum will have some representation at the fall of Mosul. So grateful for any pics or stories - it gets very dull here in Ye Olde England and I need something to take my mind off the economic migrants who are being facilitated to illegally enter my beloved EU. God bless Merkel and all who sail in her.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Re: Mosul

Postby gnaruki » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:43 pm

Pssst. I think you mean't to post that with one of those fake whose-name-shall-not-be-mentioned incognito usernames.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:57 am

[quote="nowonmai"]I assume the intrepid denizens of this forum will have some representation at the fall of Mosul. So grateful for any pics or stories - it gets very dull here in Ye Olde England and I need something to take my mind off the economic migrants who are being facilitated to illegally enter my beloved EU. God bless Merkel and all who sail in her.[/quote]

Whose EU? Not your EU! Y'all Brexited. How is that working out for you?

Speaking of England, I was reading last night about Prince Charles visiting the grave of his paternal grandmother who is buried in Jerusalem, the 2nd burial since her death (she was re-interred).

I read a little bit about her. She seems like she was a real bucket of nuts! Oh, and Prince Philip as a young man was FINE!
But his mama. So eccentric. She used to run around Buckingham Palace wearing a nun's habit. Wazzup wit dat.

Oh, I was read a little more about her. Princess Alice aka Princess Andrew. She had a time. Cool lady.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:08 am

Prince Phillip is one of better of the Royals. His mother was mental but lived a life more interesting than most.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:13 am

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:Prince Phillip is one of better of the Royals. His mother was mental but lived a life more interesting than most.

Prince Phillip is fuckin awesome.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:17 am

Whose EU? Not your EU! Y'all Brexited. How is that working out for you?

Well the pound kinda sucks right now and my visit home will cost a bit more but other than that things are fine.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:26 am

I like that about the English, particularly the upper-crust; that there are some of them that are so deliciously blithe, and so fiercely individualistic and spirited. Are there still some like that? I think of the old days; of this Princess Alice, the Mitford sisters, Vivian Eliot (wife of T.S.), those throwbacks to another time.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:45 pm

Brexit is great, thanks very much. The EU is nose down and moving towards its Hindenburg-esque fate. Which it fully deserves. If the Germans, French and Dutch are too stupid not to abandon ship then that's their funeral.

nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Liberation is near - according to Iraqi PM Abadi - who broadcast a speech to Mosul people in which he commanded collaboration with the Army. He also warned Turkey of a regional war if they don't get off Iraqi soil.

As Baldrick would say, "Boom, Boom, Boom. Boom, Boom, Boom. etc"
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:34 pm

"The behavior of the Turkish leadership is not acceptable by any standard", said Abadi.

So let me get this straight: Turkish military skated right past ISIS to hang out near Mosul where they are training the Peshmerga? Training them to do what? Take out the PKK?

What the hell is going on.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:45 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:"The behavior of the Turkish leadership is not acceptable by any standard", said Abadi.

So let me get this straight: Turkish military skated right past ISIS to hang out near Mosul where they are training the Peshmerga? Training them to do what? Take out the PKK?

What the hell is going on.

Don't you know?
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:21 pm

[quote="nowonmai"][quote="seektravelinfo"]"The behavior of the Turkish leadership is not acceptable by any standard", said Abadi.

What the hell is going on.[/quote]

[img]http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kw1a6fQSBW1qzhiqwo1_1280.png[/img]

Don't you know?[/quote]

Rhetorical question, I guess.

Back to The Royals: Prince Philip. He IS a prince. Between having a Schizophrenic mother and then later in his life gaining a Borderline Personality Disorder daughter-in-law I must say he handled it all very very well.

The schizophrenic is the one who REALLY knows what's going on while the BPD is just a royal pain in the ass, so I suspect that Lady Di didn't impress him too much.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:23 pm

Quite an extraordinary number of journos doing the embed thing like it was 2003 all over again. Based on history a few will get killed by booby traps and we are going to get bored when we realize that Mosul is going to take a while. It as interesting to see all the live streaming and nothing happening. I guess they expected Shock and Awe.

Twitter is always the best news source on offensives. Pick your favorite hashtag and let it flow.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby cbychoice » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:53 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:Prince Phillip is one of better of the Royals. His mother was mental but lived a life more interesting than most.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_ ... Battenberg
A little bit of inconsistancy saves a lot of explanation later
cbychoice
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:40 am

Took a wrong turn in Mosul once in 2006, 0300hrs in the morning. Left a daft cunt in charge of the lead vehicle, he couldn't read a GPS let alone a map. Never delegate in a war zone, never get off the boat, fucking 'A'.

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe