France

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

France

Postby pyrohydra » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:17 pm

So for the past week or so there have been massive police protests in France and they seem to be escalating due to Calais shutting down & the roving migrants.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20161027/heres- ... lice-force

How France plans to help its stressed-out police force
Published: 27 Oct 2016 16:33 GMT+02:00
Updated: 27 Oct 2016 16:33 GMT+02:00

Facebook Twitter Google+ reddit
Police have been protesting for over a week, and the government has come up with a plan.

Hundreds of police have taken part in unauthorized protests across France for over a week, demonstrations that were prompted by a vicious petrol bomb attack on four officers in a Paris suburb earlier this month.

And on Wednesday night, the government appeared to have come up with some solutions to coax the officers back off the streets and back on the beat.

Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve, who had just met with President Hollande and police union heads, announced that police would get an extra €250 million in funding for improved and updated equipment.

He also proposed increased penalties for anyone insulting police, and an inquiry into the rights that police officers should have when it comes to self defense.

The minister also said France would look at making it easier for officers to wear hoods if they want to protect their identity.

A draft law is expected to be submitted before December, Cazeneuve said.

"All these measures ... are aimed to make into law provisions that will protect law enforcement officers and impose the respect they deserve," he said.

Unions responded by saying that they were glad to be getting attention, noting that the proposals were "very significant". They added, however, that "concrete measures would have to be made quickly".

Officers have complained in recent days that they don't feel protected by the government in the event that they are forced to use their weapon while on the job.

They've also protested against the fact that around 500 officers are injured in the line of duty each month, and that they have been working under a state of emergency for almost a year.

While many are not asking for a pay raise, some say they are sick and tired of being asked to shell out themselves for necessities like a bullet proof vest or a flashlight.

And as yet, it remains unclear if the protesting will stop. Wednesday night alone saw police protests in Le Mans, Marseille, Lyon, Nancy, Strasbourg, Nantes, Nice and Paris.

Various polls from French newspapers suggest that around 90 percent of the French public support the protests.
pyrohydra
BFCus Regularus

Re: France

Postby nowonmai » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:43 pm

Been saying it for years, France is going to burn first. Once lit that flame will set off tinder (no I'm not going to stop using that word because of a poxy app) across Europe. The politicians know this very well, which is why they'll do anything, smear or pay anyone to try and delay the inevitable. They're not scared of Jihadis (although they should be), it's the tens of millions of their own people who when even partially mobilised will disrupt their rather comfortable status quo in a weekend. Cameron was the first casualty when he thought he could bully Brexit out of existence - instead he is now out on his fat arse. There's plenty more to come and they only have themselves to blame.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:08 pm

Fuck France anyway. Place smells like ripe cheese and sweaty cock.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby Q » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:35 pm

You can only kick a guard dog so many times.

Fire cleanses.

Best time in History to be alive.
I am the object of criticism around the world. But I think that since I am being discussed, then I am on the right track.

- The Dear Leader
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby ROB » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:07 am

Q wrote:Best time in History to be alive.

Agree there. Epic amounts of money to be made from so many different quarters.

If you haven't yet, well...
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:42 pm

ROB wrote:

No way. What about:

- Take part in a 1000 bomber raid on Germany

- Scramble with a Spitfire squadron in the Battle of Britain

-Command a kampf gruppe on the first summer of Barbarossa

-Front rank at Rorkes Drift

-Archer at Crecy

-Sniper Vietnam

Compare this to training the Iraqi army to run away or the Afghan army to get wasted. No contest.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby pyrohydra » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:46 pm

ROB wrote:

Why yes, Shlomo, I agree!

pyrohydra
BFCus Regularus

thumbs up for the anti-semitic pic though

Postby el3so » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 am

What's the matter pyrohydra? Don't you like money?

If this Brexit thing happens, we should open up the Chunnel to those refugees.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Douchebag » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:09 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:Fuck France anyway. Place smells like ripe cheese and sweaty cock.

Yeah, you'd know, Dickpaw!!!
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

upside

Postby el3so » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:24 am

Think positive, maybe if this Brexit thing happens dltdhyoya you will have more efficient border control.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ROB » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:21 am

Given the nature of the bfc I gotta admit I am surprised there hasn't been more blatant anti-semitism.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe