2017, let's reengage RYP, make the BFC great again

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: 2017, let's reengage RYP, make the BFC great again

Postby MJK » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:44 am

This is a fine digital b/b representation of what it feels like to grow old and die.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:28 am

ROMAD_25 wrote:
ROB wrote:Random bans kinda put a damper on the place.

I was a bit surprised to hear that Q and Jefe got nixed... Q was a nut, but I've never known him to be a liar and brought a lot to the BFC. Jefe was unhinged; nonetheless, was entertaining and had a lot of good stuff as well.

Seeing the announcement of their departure, I couldn't help remembering how the old flame throwers like Bobby Sands, Penta, Kasca would post things merely to start a flame war. I never took any of it personally, but it took so much away from the subject at hand. It got old and a few cool posters packed up and disappeared.

I am a nobody with a worthless opinion who freely admits to be an expert in nothing. I get where Robert is coming from in banning them; however, I am saddened to see them go.

This place was great a while ago with some awesome posters, but unfortunately the BFC appears to have turned into another offshoot of Vice.

Really sad... Kinda like a great Mom and Pops store that fell victim to Starbucks.

Pretty much agreed.

I mean, I think Mach should be banned for his own protection (seriously), but other than that the attraction of the place was that it's a free for all. Posers. Legit. Everything in between. Good times. It's always been pretty obvious who was who.

Bring em all back I say. Sure, some snowflakes could never really handle that, but fuck em. There is always Lonely Planet.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:05 pm

MJK wrote:This is a fine digital b/b representation of what it feels like to grow old and die.
I already tried getting young and dying but it didn't work.

Dunno man, I still remember angelfire sites. Never kept a diary, with the online stuff it's built in and generally about as useful, interesting and cringe-inducing.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Farmdog » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:46 pm

So, I think the flag might have an alternative ending. The 2016 election sucked so much and was so full of trash it speaks to the future of the information environment. The BFC1 for all of its flaws was once a quasi self regulating system that put out some good info. In the end it may a really reemerge as an alternative to some social media due to its comparatively diminutive community.
Farmdog
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:36 pm

Site was definitely a great place to go for unique info - and let's not forget the laughs - both have been sorely lacking of late. Oh well you know what they say - you can't go back again. I've been watching English language Japanese news of late - brings to mind broadcasters before the entire western world completely lost its collective shit in an all out culture war- cool yet classy and very unlike the substituting screaming memes we are subject to today.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby Douchebag » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:24 am

The black fag cafe is homo hangout!
DickPaw, I am convinced that you'd be the omega male of Mantown, you golden shower taking, meat-gazing dandified bitch-boy.
Douchebag
BFCus Regularus

Postby 2 Charlie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:03 am

Well then,

We have tangents, tendrils and eviscerations of the good, bad and ugly.

What happened to Q, remember trying to buy the guy a beer at a Turkish pizza joint in the IZ in 2005 and he wouldn’t do it, but a certain IT guy from BIAP drank the place solid, then we drove up to a check point as the Marines ran for their lives and I slammed It to the floor and we got out Out of Dodge.

Have met a couple folks in here over the years and every time it was real, a few very real.
"You can do it fast...you can do it cheap...you can do it right.....But you only get to pick two."
2 Charlie
Snortus Guinness

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe