Poll: How Much Worse Is Trump Than You Thought He'd Be

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Compared to your expectations, how do you rate President Trump's performance thus far?

Stop whining, snowflake. He's everyone's President now.
32%
He's facing a steep learning curve, but overall I think he's doing a good job.
4%
I'm getting a little nervous.
No votes
This isn't normal.
12%
OH GOD WHAT HAVE WE DONE...
52%

Total votes : 25

Poll: How Much Worse Is Trump Than You Thought He'd Be

Postby friendlyskies » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:57 am

I think it's safe to say that not many people, even among his most ardent supporters, was prepared for Trump's first week. Never mind the immigration kerfuffle and spontaneous 20% tax on food, tires, appliances, etc from Mexico. That speech Ambassador Haley gave to the UN?? About how we're taking names of countries that don't have our backs? That's just crazy talk!

Or is that just how it sounds here in the liberal bubble? You all loved The Donald during the election circus, do you have any concerns now that he's making laws?
"4 cylinder Camaro=communism" El Presidente

"You can smoke salmon but it's not quite the same as smoking heroin." nanuq
friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Re: Poll: How Much Worse Is Trump Than You Thought He'd Be

Postby 2 Charlie » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:22 am

Wow....
"You can do it fast...you can do it cheap...you can do it right.....But you only get to pick two."
2 Charlie
Snortus Guinness

Postby MJK » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:37 am

The Fed, swelled with hubris and humming songs from Hamilton, are going to tank the economy and all of this will become a fond memory of the last of the good times. Trump will be left holding a flaming bag of shit with no one else's porch to leave it on.

He did however beat Hillary and by doing so shave probably 20 years off of her lifespan. Her criminal enterprises, er ah Foundation and Initiative are curling up like the Wicked Witch's toes in the Wizard of Oz. Trump can now ascend into Heaven, his work here is finished.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:58 am

He is doing exactly what he promised. Anyone who voted for him expecting him to be different when actually in office is a fucking idiot.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:35 pm

Trump is basically what he said he would be.

His supporters... now that's where the real entertainment is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Trumpgret/
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:12 pm

How about him making Bannon head of the National Security Council.

Well, Trump is literally doing what he said he would do, such as banning Muslims (except, notably, not from the countries that he has business interests in). Wow, he cured terrorism, just like that! Give this man the Nobel.

My guess is that he is following Bannon's lead, which is to plunge the country into total chaos and burn it down.

Nary a tweet about the crowds gathered at airports in protest. How come?

Bring up Trump around these parts and what a total shit-ass he and his people are, count to five, and someone will bring up Hillary, as if that settles the argument. Y'all are gonna have to update your retorts.

Oh, and if you need a new television better hurry up and buy it now. And say buh-bye to avocados three for a dollar at Aldi.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby mb » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:44 pm

really surprised at how many people on this board like bullies who are being used as a puppet by a Leninist.

then again, if you want the world to truly be a dangerous place, i guess it's in your best interest.
mb
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Haha Putin is a Leninist?

Trump has been much better than I thought. He's stuck to his campaign pledges so far, and I expect a huge push to get him out of there, like nothing we've seen hitherto. From stinking antifa street punks to his own party, they'll be after his head on a pole. Bastards like McCain have already put the knife in, Trump hasn't only destroyed the Democrat Party, he's going to end the Repubicans as well. The latter can either get on board The Trump Train and kiss the ring, or they can continue to be merely a pimple on the ass of the Democrats and die with them.

This is it muchachos, time to pick a side and get in your trenches

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby seektravelinfo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:19 pm

FlipFlop selling wolf tickets from the other side of the pond.

It's Bannon that calls himself a Leninist.

Someone said, but I couldn't find any collaboration to back it up, that Iraq gave American contractors 72 hours to leave Iraq in light of Trump's ban. Anyone know anything about that?
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby friendlyskies » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:45 pm

OK, just checking the temperature. If his supporters here are all overwhelmingly happy with what he's doing, well, OK then. I still don't get why all the Republicans are so excited about the 20% tax on Mexican food, tires, etc. I thought you all didn't like taxes, especially for public works projects. But, whatever. Thanks for responding!

And you know I love the guy because I get to protest ALL THE TIME now! The Women's March was a blast, the airport protests this weekend were apparently super fun, and there's a pro-refugee protest this weekend that's going to have Middle Eastern food trucks and belly dancers. The pussy hat looks super cute on me, too. This may not end well, but it's awesome now. I have a hard time meeting people since I work at home, and I suddenly have like ten new friends. Who knew the Trump Administration was going to set off the best public party the USA has had in years? We couldn't protest anything under Obama, because we didn't want to weaken him. But now everyone is all FREEEEEEEEEEEDDDDOOOMMMMM!

EDIT: And if it sounds like I'm being flippant and giggly about protesting, that's just for fun. Because it is fun. But I'm deadly fucking serious. I know you all still like this guy, but I think he's an extremely dangerous loon. Like "Nuke Tehran on a whim" level loon. Like, "Stage an actual false flag" level loon. Never even mind civil liberties or the safety of ethnic minorities. He's crazy. And I hope that some of you who still like him, who still think I'm a hysterical, whining snowflake.... I hope you all will at least keep your minds open to the fact that millions of people, in the USA and around the world, are inconveniencing themselves and their families to say, "Hey, this guy's a dangerous loon." Then judge for yourself. If you voted for him, you're allowed to change your mind about him, you know?
Last edited by friendlyskies on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby friendlyskies » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:50 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:It's Bannon that calls himself a Leninist.

Buzzfeed said that Bannon called himself a Leninist, but he said he didn't remember talking to the guy. Didn't deny it though. So..... I guess he's going to destroy the state and the middle class? Probably! But not on purpose lol. He's such a mess. On the upside, property values have gone way, way up since 2008 and I need to buy a house. If our roly-poly pillbilly Lenin can just collapse the housing market a few months before the stock market, I'm going to be in high cotton.

friendlyskies
Vata Loca

Postby MJK » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Buzzfeed? Well, they are the gold standard for reliable and objective news reporting. Do you have any less bought and paid for, in the bag sources?

Now HERE is news you can trust; where were progressives marching when this was on the front page?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-3 ... signs-bill

In other news Apple announces its new product iSpace will be manufactured in the US without a single H-1B visa holder on the project. iSpace will be a cloud and web based app that will geofence its user(s) into an area where the plain truth cannot penetrate and Siri will shout over any attempts at logical dialogue with the latest prog memes. Project managers say that the big challenge of this endeavor will be salt proofing the circuitry.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:48 am

Like him or not, he's exposed all 44 of his predecessors as a bunch of lazy bastards. No luxuriating in the trappings of his new office for him. He showed up in overalls brandishing a chainsaw.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby goat balls » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:02 am

Buzzsaw wrote:Like him or not, he's exposed all 44 of his predecessors as a bunch of lazy bastards. No luxuriating in the trappings of his new office for him. He showed up in overalls brandishing a chainsaw.

Whassup gringo?
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:02 am

goat balls wrote:
Buzzsaw wrote:Like him or not, he's exposed all 44 of his predecessors as a bunch of lazy bastards. No luxuriating in the trappings of his new office for him. He showed up in overalls brandishing a chainsaw.

Whassup gringo?

Same old, bro. Trying to make a million.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe