Kabul. Building Boom

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Kabul. Building Boom

Postby RYP » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:21 am

I was with the counter terrorism folks. Lots of good insights on the Pakistani attacks, training, etc and ISI officers that train them. They pride themselves on being able to kill Daesh/Talibs faster than any other major unit. They are going nuts building empty apartments and buildings. All are higher education schools. Uh huh. Believe it or not they fly a triple 7 300 ER here from DXB that is full every day.

Not many expats around since kidnapping is the big thing. RS base is locked down and it's odd being in a modern shitty place that has erased almost all the cool old building without really creating anything better. Snow is on the mountains and the blossoms are out
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Re: Kabul. Building Boom

Postby nowonmai » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:30 pm

RYP wrote:I was with the counter terrorism folks.

Exclusive pic

nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby Slam » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:45 pm

What's the general attitude like towards Westerners in Kabul now?
Slam
BFCus Regularus

Postby flipflop » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:39 am

It's still "Feeky feeky"

Alright Slam?

Cheers
Patriots always talk of dying for their country, and never of killing for their country - Bertrand Russell
flipflop
Cuntus Maximus

Postby RYP » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Surprisingly few westerners. The normal haunts are empty. A few telecom guys. The usual number of gym boys at the airport. They haven't set a date to snap Haqqani's kid's neck yet but he is busy kidnapping as many people as possible. Same traffic, smog and general mud.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Jefe » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:00 pm

LOL; "I was with". Sort of a pattern. Not to mention; "Special Forces/Anti Terrorist Forces etc" means the few retards that can actually do calistentics in sequence and meet at best a National Guard standard. How elite you are to "I was with" again. Any more phony guys you are planning to bring on board to rejuvenate your career?

Been there; done it; leave that to the posters you shit on or bring in some more frauds.
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares, inevitably wind up plowing for people with swords".

Jefe: well into a 12 pack of LaBatts Blue (AKA "BlueDevils"
Jefe
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe