firefighting in Iraq?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

firefighting in Iraq?

Postby firephoto91 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:11 pm

Real quick does anyone know anything about civilian firefighters in Iraq? How much are they making? What is the work schedual like? I am seriously thinking about doing this. I have heard I could make $100,000 a year tax free. Work for four month then come home for ten days and so forth. Any information would be great. I would like real answers please not the basic company lines I already got that from them. Thanks for the help.
firephoto91

XXX

Postby realrescue3 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:08 am

Wachenhut is a sub-contractor in Iraq for KBR. PM me and I will provide
an e-mail addy for you for a Wackenhut recruiter, (also a KBR recruiter). You`ll be processed in Houston just like a KBR employee, same building, but quicker.

That is basically the deal. You`ll make about $8k a month(every four weeks, 13 pay periods) after taxes. The ten days R&R is strict and LWOP (leave without pay) was just recently cancelled. Wackenhut is easier to get hired by because they are so short of people they are taking anybody with any kind of firefighting experiance. Lots of people with very few certs. and minimal experiance as volunteers and such, all the way up to New York City firefighter cadre with mucho experiance but not the required DoD/IFSAC certs. A pretty mixed group.

KBR has ops in Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait and Djibouti presently. If you have the certs we could pick you up here easily. If you have civilian certs you need to see if they are IFSAC transferable to DoD. KBR is strict about DoD/IFSAC certs (especially ARFF) because of our large flying mission here.

Freind of mine just got picked up by Wackenhut and is on his way to Fallujah .....something to think about. He was working here and got let go after it was discovered his certs were fake, so they do check.

pm me and I`ll get you the recruiter info.... provide a phone number and Ill call you....
realrescue3
Breedus Ecuadorus

Return to Black Flag Cafe