Charlottsesville: Violence in the Streets | Faith Goldy & Mo

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Charlottsesville: Violence in the Streets | Faith Goldy

Postby nowonmai » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:11 pm

Osiris wrote:
MJK wrote:My wife died in a car accident 11 years ago next month so she'll never know how you lost it when I merely asked you to wake the fuck up. Cognitively dissonant much?

I stand by my previous assertion and I have more class than to drag wives/mothers/whatever it is you might cherish that has no bearing on this 'discussion' into this. What did the other seceding states have to say or would that be injecting inconvenient truths into your world view?

Edit*

Of the four states that submitted extra documentation of reasons for secession, the one you chose as an example, SC, stated that slavery composed 20% of the reasons to secede, with states rights and context both being more than twice that amount. The very lowest of the four... Had you picked Texas, Miss or Georgia the slavery percentage as reason for secession was over 50%. In 2011 a Pew poll of Americans showed that 47% considered States Rights as the main reason for the war and 39% felt it was slavery.

This type of inattention to detail might be why the 'coolbyintent' link leads to a 'Domain for Sale Going out of Business, This space Available' sign. It stands like a cyber cenotaph, or one of Ozymandias' loafers, as a testament to your failure, at what only God knows. Now you can add debate to that list.

God for her, she doesn't have to put up with bullshit like this anymore.

I just went with the first state to secede, but you'd know that if you bothered to do actual research into the subject. The views of Americans in 2011 doesn't really give much insight to the perspective of people a century and a half ago, but hey, whatever you gotta do to justify the pepe tattoo on your balls.

Cunt.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Re: Charlottsesville: Violence in the Streets | Faith Goldy

Postby ROMAD_25 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:38 pm

nowonmai wrote:
Osiris wrote:
MJK wrote:My wife died in a car accident 11 years ago next month so she'll never know how you lost it when I merely asked you to wake the fuck up. Cognitively dissonant much?

I stand by my previous assertion and I have more class than to drag wives/mothers/whatever it is you might cherish that has no bearing on this 'discussion' into this. What did the other seceding states have to say or would that be injecting inconvenient truths into your world view?

Edit*

Of the four states that submitted extra documentation of reasons for secession, the one you chose as an example, SC, stated that slavery composed 20% of the reasons to secede, with states rights and context both being more than twice that amount. The very lowest of the four... Had you picked Texas, Miss or Georgia the slavery percentage as reason for secession was over 50%. In 2011 a Pew poll of Americans showed that 47% considered States Rights as the main reason for the war and 39% felt it was slavery.

This type of inattention to detail might be why the 'coolbyintent' link leads to a 'Domain for Sale Going out of Business, This space Available' sign. It stands like a cyber cenotaph, or one of Ozymandias' loafers, as a testament to your failure, at what only God knows. Now you can add debate to that list.

God for her, she doesn't have to put up with bullshit like this anymore.

I just went with the first state to secede, but you'd know that if you bothered to do actual research into the subject. The views of Americans in 2011 doesn't really give much insight to the perspective of people a century and a half ago, but hey, whatever you gotta do to justify the pepe tattoo on your balls.

Cunt.

I agree
ROMAD_25
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe