Genius

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Genius

Postby nowonmai » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Never seen this before. 1979 may as well be 1879 now. Good lads, making shit up and selling it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CtgAgTqx0w[/youtube]
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Re: Genius

Postby nowonmai » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:15 pm

From fucking Crawley no less, arse end of London dormitory town that makes Slough seem interesting.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:35 am

Awesome guitarist too, judging by the work he did with the Banshees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3fwojK6hvU

How many other music stars have also been married to the same person for 30+ years?
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:48 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:Awesome guitarist too, judging by the work he did with the Banshees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3fwojK6hvU

How many other music stars have also been married to the same person for 30+ years?

I bought that album when it came out and I still have it. 33 or 34 years later. Madonna was basically Souxsie Sioux with shaved armpits and a bit more cleavage...fashion wise. Couldn't match her musically or vocally. In High School The Dear Prudence video made me want to find a punkette with furry pits but all I found were big haired 80s girls who hated me and amazingly chaste Madonna-Wannabes who knew nothing of their origins.

That Cure Video could be passed off as a "Pretty good Cure cover from a high school band" today with some video editing. Odd seeing Robert Smith before his "wonder what I should do with my hair?" era.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Darcy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:46 pm

Saw em live, "Head on the Door Tour". Great bands in those days; The Forgotten Rebels, Crucifucks, Husker Du, The Fall, The Church, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Jam....went to so many concerts in those days. Saw Iggy a few times. Now I'll only drag my ass out for Buddy Guy or George Thorogood. Unless I'm in Manhattan and I'll catch some jazz. NY ain't the same since they closed the Lenox Lounge.

The Cure are still playing gigs, as of last year anyway.
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:13 pm

Best place for Jazz in Manhattan was St. Nicks Pub on 149th and St. Nicholas.

That too is closed.

Crucifucks...Doc Corbin Dart. Back when being a radical eccentric was difficult but at least appreciated.

The Midwest produced some wonderful nutbags back then.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:45 am

I went to St. Nicks pub about 20 years ago on a Wednesday and saw an average bar band that was about the best live Jazz I had heard up to that time. Sad to hear it is closed.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe