leadership

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

leadership

Postby The Turd Polisher » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:16 am

just in case we forgot what leadership in the States looked like....Lt Gen Silveria addresses cadets about racism incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfjZ1otkS3o

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfjZ1otkS3o[/youtube]
"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:26 pm

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write '€at sh!t p0rchmonk€yz' on their message boards because it is obscene.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: leadership

Postby nowonmai » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:11 am

el3so wrote:They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write '€at sh!t p0rchmonk€yz' on their message boards because it is obscene.

Word.

I enjoyed the fact that he has such respect for their dignity that he made them stand up throughout his haranguing.

Diversity being equal to strength doesn't pass much historical scrutiny and the way Europe and USA is going, any sane futurologist's barometer has to be showing Bleak gusting Terrible.

But in the meantime the command will parrot what The Man tells them. Cuz The Man is still there, despite Trump.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Re:

Postby Kurt » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:18 pm

el3so wrote:They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write '€at sh!t p0rchmonk€yz' on their message boards because it is obscene.

True, but I would rather have people who have that much firepower at their disposal make an effort to keep their baser urges in line.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

E long time

Postby el3so » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:21 pm

Kurt wrote:make an effort to keep their baser urges in line.
I for one do not condone pogroms, touching of animals or torture of children.

But the racism/sexist thing didn't keep your Air Force from being effective over Korea, Vietnam, Irak, whatever place gets/got/gonna get bombed, never mind WW2.

History marches on, sure, first amendment rights in the US military and whatever constitutes professional conduct are at best abstract concepts for me but this def has a "headmistress is angry because someone found a nudie mag in the toilet" vibe to it. Maybe it will work better if the speaker gets played by Kenneth Branagh.

You get a couple of thousand people in an organisation, bet on it some of them 'll be slapping their spouses around* whether society frowns on/heralds it, IMO those doing it in public aren't necessarily the worst offenders. A speech lambasting it is easier than having a stern talk in private, the latter even without the former does the trick.

* insert whatever custom/belief you personally find morally reprehensible. Me, I only hate assholes that hold their mug with both hands.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: E long time

Postby nowonmai » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:41 pm

el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote:make an effort to keep their baser urges in line.
I for one do not condone pogroms, touching of animals or torture of children.

But the racism/sexist thing didn't keep your Air Force from being effective over Korea, Vietnam, Irak, whatever place gets/got/gonna get bombed, never mind WW2.

History marches on, sure, first amendment rights in the US military and whatever constitutes professional conduct are at best abstract concepts for me but this def has a "headmistress is angry because someone found a nudie mag in the toilet" vibe to it. Maybe it will work better if the speaker gets played by Kenneth Branagh.

You get a couple of thousand people in an organisation, bet on it some of them 'll be slapping their spouses around* whether society frowns on/heralds it, IMO those doing it in public aren't necessarily the worst offenders. A speech lambasting it is easier than having a stern talk in private, the latter even without the former does the trick.

* insert whatever custom/belief you personally find morally reprehensible. Me, I only hate assholes that hold their mug with both hands.

Fuck me C3PIO, as Meat Loaf said, you took the words right outta my mouth
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby The Turd Polisher » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Air Force: Racial Slurs Written by Black Cadet Candidate
Associated Press | 8 Nov 2017 | by Dan Elliott

DENVER — Racial slurs posted outside the dorm rooms of five black students at the Air Force Academy were written by one of those students, the school said Tuesday.

The announcement was a jarring turn in an episode that prompted the academy's superintendent to warn students that racists were not welcome at the school — a speech that attracted nationwide attention.

The student is no longer at the school, the academy said. A spokesman declined to say whether the student withdrew or was expelled, citing privacy laws. The student's name wasn't released.

The slurs were found in September at a dormitory that houses students attending the academy's prep school. The prep school is on the academy grounds but not part of the four-year academy program. It helps promising students meet the academy's entrance requirements.

In a written statement Tuesday, the academy said, "We can confirm that one of the cadet candidates who was allegedly targeted by racist remarks written outside of their dorm room was actually responsible for the act. The individual admitted responsibility and this was validated by the investigation."

The statement added, "Racism has no place at the academy, in any shape or form."

Academy superintendent Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria gave his stern speech to cadets shortly after the slurs were reported. A video of the speech was posted online and has been viewed thousands of times.

"If you can't treat someone with dignity and respect, get out," he said.

At one point, he insisted that everyone in the audience take out their phones and record him so his message was clearly heard.

The slurs appeared in the aftermath of racial violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, and amid a debate about NFL players kneeling for the national anthem.

"We would also be tone deaf not to think about the backdrop of what is going on in our country," Silveria told cadets. "Things like Charlottesville, Ferguson, the protests in the NFL."

Silveria stood by his speech Tuesday, the Colorado Springs Gazette reported.

"Regardless of the circumstances under which those words were written, they were written, and that deserved to be addressed," he said in an email to the newspaper. "You can never over-emphasize the need for a culture of dignity and respect — and those who don't understand those concepts, aren't welcome here."

Silveria, a veteran fighter pilot who directed the air war in the Middle East, took command at the school in August. He graduated from the academy in 1985 and has repeatedly told cadets and staff that his highest priority is ensuring a climate of dignity and respect.

The academy has struggled with sexual misconduct problems several times in recent years, but few racial incidents have been made public.

The academy, outside Colorado Springs, has about 4,000 students. The prep school usually accepts about 240 students.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017 ... geted.html
"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus

Postby goat balls » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:46 pm

So the cadet false flagged his own guys right?
They're not telling you what happened to him because he probably got hired by the Feds.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:56 pm

Hahaha. Awesome.
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby nowonmai » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:34 pm

looking forward to him uploading his apology for this piece of shit collective bollocking. Fucking arsehole, obviously doesn't trust his own people.

Cunt.
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe