Opinion's please: Hypothetical situation here

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Opinion's please: Hypothetical situation here

Postby Kurt » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:01 pm

Like most hypothetical situations its not really that hypothetical...but here we go.

Lets say I get an anonymous email account, and an anonymous IP address (relatively)and I write Rob and tell Rob that I am going to "Murder Kurt and his family for defaming Islam".

So, after his nap, Rob says "Holy shit, Kurt is in trouble, I better report this"

And he does. The FBI subpoenas the anonymous remailer and the IP proxy and gets my information and discovers I have made a death threat against myself to Rob.

I would think I should be liable, since Rob did not make a false report of a terroristic threat. But I only made a false terroristic threat against myself and only to Rob, so perhaps there is a weird loophole there.

If I assume another identity and threaten to murder myself, but just to one person what legal statute says I gotta be arrested?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Opinion's please: Hypothetical situation here

Postby gnaruki » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:24 pm

Kind of reminds me when the Warlock Pinchers sent a cease and desist from themselves to themselves claiming to be Tiffany's attorney. They were hoping it would at least get them on a day time talk show for being satanists but only got traction in the local news.

Anyway. I'm no fancy JD holding law talker but I'd say Kurt might get a warning to knock it off or he'll be told to knock it off again. There just isn't much there besides a hokey e-mail. If Kurt was leaving notes on Rob's door signed in blood, well, authorities would take that seriously.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:27 pm

Who knows, but in any case you'd have to punch yourself in the face for being such a cunt.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby doyle » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:24 pm

Wouldn't Kurt have to ban Kurt for threatening a fellow BFCer?
doyle
doyle
BFCus Regularus

Postby goat balls » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:27 pm

The legal statute says that you would go to Bellevue for a psych evaluation. You're welcome.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

do hypothetical opinion's count?

Postby el3so » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Dunno about online death threats, there's supposed to be some new laws about that.

Mentioning "islam" and "defaming" is supposed to get you put on some list but c'mon, how many times did any of those lusers actually engaging in actual terrorist acts get stopped prior to doing the deed? But ululate Allahu Akbar to celebrate a killstreak and people get upset and you get kicked from the game. Guess the system works.

If this is related to not-so-hypothetical people you happened to have met online and who keep giving you sh!t, Kurt, I guess you could go to the police. I personally wouldn't bother unless you need some kind of legal umbrella or whatever official note-keeping you can show afterwards to judges is called.

False reports means wasting law enforcement's time. Pretty sure there's laws against that, those dudes got it made.
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:36 am

For some reason this came to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JOGmXpe5I
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:19 am

goat balls wrote:The legal statute says that you would go to Bellevue for a psych evaluation. You're welcome.

That would make sense but if there was a logic to my actions. Like I wanted to make Rob regret some action of his or something.

Basically to stop pussyfooting around. I got a death threat from a person who appeared to be a muzzy terry-ist against someone else. I think that the Terry is really the someone else and they did it to either disturb me or make me regret exposing them.

So I ratted out the Terry to the feds to avoid the "Area Idiot Dead and Scores Wounded Because of Kurt"

and this is totally unrelated to any BFCer past or present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiWIOKKuyGE

The Terry reference. This skit cracks me up.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Fuck, he's onto me.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby dogtanian » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:13 pm

Kurt wrote:If I assume another identity and threaten to murder myself, but just to one person what legal statute says I gotta be arrested?

Mental Health Act?
"Truth is cool; but unattainable..."
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus

Location: Amsterdam - Douala - HCMC - Singapore - Wellington - Whistler

Postby Kurt » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:28 am

dogtanian wrote:
Kurt wrote:If I assume another identity and threaten to murder myself, but just to one person what legal statute says I gotta be arrested?

Mental Health Act?

We do not have that. I think if something nailed me it might be some PATRIOT ACT obscura, since maybe pretending to be a terrorist to anyone means it falls under that area.

But I do not know for sure.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby 2 Charlie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:28 am

WTF Over!
"You can do it fast...you can do it cheap...you can do it right.....But you only get to pick two."
2 Charlie
Snortus Guinness

Postby Kurt » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:41 pm

2 Charlie wrote:WTF Over!

Talked to the guy today. The threat is legit. So wondering if he made it against himself is really still in the realm of hypothetical situations.

He has a somewhat reluctant jihadi wanting to kill him.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:09 am

where do you find these people?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

screamed and/or slurred

Postby el3so » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:00 pm

Echo that, whatever happened to getting death threats the old fashioned way IRL from random passers-by, exes and other drunks?
7.I TRIED TO FILM SEX WITH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, ORGASMS, CRIMPIES, SQUIRTS - BUT ALL DON'T CARE.IN A YEAR I DOWNLOADED 180 VIDEOS OF WHICH THE MOST WATCHED ARE IN@EST, SLE@PERS AND TABOO.PEOPLE STRIVE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG AND FORBIDDEN, IT IS THEIR NATURE.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe