The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

theyre ok 2c

Postby muskrat » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:26 am

I dunno 2C 'mericans are nice loquacious people. What sucks for 'em is the massive short term deficit and unfunded long term liabilities resulting in the slide of the greenback and Wall St.

But it has been a nice ride in the market for a while as Buzzsaw rightly predicted. Sorry I didnt have the guts to get onboard. Waht do you think of News Ltd short term re the transistion from Oz to the US Buzz?

Cheers MR
the Rat is less about criminality per se but the importance and sheer fun of using one's intellect, skill and willpower to carve a survival niche into whatever inhospitable environment one finds oneself. Damn the imposed morality of the overlords. F
muskrat
BFCus Regularus

Hoorah

Postby Q » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:15 am

I'm hearing you 2C.

I used to think those that wanted to jump ship from the USS America were liberal,hippie cheese eaters.

But it seems like everyday I hear baby Bush and the rest of Bush Inc run off at the mouth, I inch more and more towards wanting to jump ship myself.

Soon as I secure a job that pays decent euros (dollar is fucked), and the wife's enlistment is up, good chance we'll be saying buh-bye to the land of growing fundie fascism.

I hate that it's come to this, because I love my country. But I'm not going to stay here and have my daughter grow up in a country where she thinks it's normal to take your shoes off at the airport and having your visits to the library recorded.
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby Shining Eye » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:50 am

Here's the solution, real nice and simple: If you hate America, stay the fuck out. If you hate hearing about America, turn off the tube or change channels. If you want to leave America, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, but by all means, take a Muslim family with you.
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

Worthless

Postby Q » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:47 am

2Charlie wrote:Good for you shining.

Good for you.

And when the jack boots kick your door down for being a uber-versive, you will know the system works.

You are in the middle of a police state that is doing more to police it's own than the bad guys and idiots like you can't see it.

Most of the laws passed over the last couple years have little to do with stopping bad guys/gals, but more to do with tracking the habits and movements of AMERICAN's.

Just another Wal-Mart cruising trailer park offspring are you. After all Saddam and UBL are buds, Saddam was responsible for 9/11 and the people on those jets came from Iraq. Right?

If Rwanda had oil in '94, I bet the Genocide wouldn't of happened.

Saudi Arabia is militarily strong (per se) and able to financially damage the US if they go after their oil.

Iraq was embargoed to nothing and was prime for picking. In my opinion, set up for take over under the guise of sanctions.

I guess what I am getting at Shining, is get a life. Get an education and drop your cock, pull up your socks and take a walk around the block. The laws you believe protect you will serve to observe you. Just for kicks give a cop the bird and see what happens.

I wouldn't bother 2C. You forget, most Americans like our pal Shinning believe there is a direct line between Bush II and Jesus. So, what Bush II says is the word and will of the Lord.

[/quote] Naturally, a common people don't want war, but after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it's a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship,or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.

Hermann Goering
Q

Postby mach1 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:14 am

Maybe they knew GWB would be downsizing....running it like
a corporation (age old question: should gov't be run like a business?)

if he was elected and campaigned against him internally.

Now payback is not just a bitch. Its a fact. Jack.

I know I know..I dont know jack. Jack shit to be precise.

I dont like post 9/11 America. But blaming the victims is out.

Sometimes I wish I could give all people who 'hate America' a free trip
to Yellowstone National Park. And all the people who live in America
who dont truly appreciate Yellowstone (abuse it) or see dollar signs when they see it .....a free trip to Saudi-vile so they can appreciate what they have once they get back. And all the folks who claim to hate Saudis/Muslims a choice of anger managment classes or signing up
to the military to be all they can be to put all that seething to good and effective use. Well, effective is for debate as we all know.

Or something like that. My 2 cents again. Its like saying why dont we see more posts and rants about gains made by environmentalists
even in influencing the military. Solar power ...what a dream.
Ride the Walrus
mach1
Postus Allthefuckingtimeus

Whirled Pea?

Postby muskrat » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:12 am

You got the Americans apologising to the world for re-electing GWB
http://www.sorryeverybody.com/

You have your Americans not apologising or withdrawing the apaology
http://www.notsorryeverybody.com/

But if it all gets too much consult Darth Vaders Psychic Hotline
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/content/darth_vaders_psychic

Whats the whirled pea brigade anyway?
muskrat
BFCus Regularus

Postby muskrat » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:18 am

Ok I think I get it. Sorta pigeon spanish?

Whirled Peas = World Peace

Cheers MR
the Rat is less about criminality per se but the importance and sheer fun of using one's intellect, skill and willpower to carve a survival niche into whatever inhospitable environment one finds oneself. Damn the imposed morality of the overlords. F
muskrat
BFCus Regularus

Postby Shining Eye » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:42 pm

Like I said here before, 2Charles, give me an enumerated list of rights and freedoms that I've lost and I'll join your cause. From what I've seen, the Great Republic is in no danger. We now even have the right to own banned assualt weapons. We have a Supreme Court that has made rulings in favor of the terrorist at Gitmo. I'v driven across America twice in two years, and I've never been stopped or seen a checkpoint, never had my freedom of movement hindered, been detained. No concentration camps, no censorship no "Orwellian" measures in effect. Maybe if you actually lived here, instead of relying liberal/left shrill "end-of-the-world" propaganda, you would realize America is still the Greatest Nation on Earth and the Greatest in history. As for those who wish to leave America and move to Canada, because President Bush was re-elected, I couldn't think of a better idea. Insallah, motherfuckers and adios.
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:46 pm

Hey 2C

word on the street is a lot of the folks resigning from the CIA are more or less being forced out and are leaving while the leaving is good. The CIA is a good example of whats been wrong with US intelligence for the past 20 years...it's been unaccountable, poorly led, and not very successful in it's supposed mission. If some of the rats want to leave on their own accord, good deal. Saves the trouble of firing them later.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:08 pm

I would have thought people would be celebrating the changes at the CIA and the impending changes in the State Department.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby goat balls » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:09 pm

Tarkan wrote:Hey 2C

word on the street is a lot of the folks resigning from the CIA are more or less being forced out and are leaving while the leaving is good. The CIA is a good example of whats been wrong with US intelligence for the past 20 years...it's been unaccountable, poorly led, and not very successful in it's supposed mission. If some of the rats want to leave on their own accord, good deal. Saves the trouble of firing them later.

Thank you Tarkan...after reading the comments and conspiracy theories about the shake up at Langley..I'm glad that somebody stepped forward and stated the obvious for these posters.

And they are being forced out..even though the news reports try and make it appear as though the oustees are leaving because of Bush.
goat balls
BFCus Regularus

Actually

Postby Q » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:21 pm

Thank you Tarkan...after reading the comments and conspiracy theories about the shake up at Langley..I'm glad that somebody stepped forward and stated the obvious for these posters.

And they are being forced out..even though the news reports try and make it appear as though the oustees are leaving because of Bush.[/quote]

Actually, they are leaving because Porter Goss and his aides are proving to be combative and partisan. Not a good thing when trying to fix what's broken.

Bush appointed Goss. I'm sure they discussed things before he was appointed. You all act as if Bush lives in a vaccum when it comes to things fucking up.

Goss= Bush appointee. People leaving because of Goss= People leaving because of Bush.
Q

Shining Eye

Postby Renard » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:23 pm

How about section 215 of the Patriot Act, which allow the Feds to search a plethora of personal records without probable cause, a warrant, your consent or your knowledge. What's more is that the person made to hand over your records is gagged, so you would never know this article was ever used on you, unless it is used against you in a court proceeding.

Or section 505, which allows the attorney general to obtain personal records by writing a "national security" letter to the holders of these records, eg, phone company, bank, creditor, etc. The process requires no probable cause or judicial oversight, which means the DOJ could do as they damned well please. Again, there is a gag order on the holders of the records.

These both seem like a pretty dramatic infrigements on personal liberty, notably the right to privacy.

That and warrants, where they are still required, are a lot easier to get now than before Patriot in both criminal and terrorism investigations.

These are just to name the more important rights curtailing.
Renard
BFCus Regularus

Tarkan

Postby Renard » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:33 pm

How about the recent resignation of that CIA agent, who wrote Imperial Hubris, and who used to head the Agency's Bin Laden unit?

He has basically said that Bush has been and is making a mistake by playing down the danger and importance of Bin Laden. He has also questioned the Bush administration's will to capture or kill him, as they have diverted more resources to dealing with Iraq than to finishing off Al Qaeda.

As the events of Sept 11, 2001 so glaringly revealed, Bin Laden is not a man to underestimate.
Renard
BFCus Regularus

Re: Shining Eye

Postby Q » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:40 pm

Renard wrote:How about section 215 of the Patriot Act, which allow the Feds to search a plethora of personal records without probable cause, a warrant, your consent or your knowledge. What's more is that the person made to hand over your records is gagged, so you would never know this article was ever used on you, unless it is used against you in a court proceeding.

Or section 505, which allows the attorney general to obtain personal records by writing a "national security" letter to the holders of these records, eg, phone company, bank, creditor, etc. The process requires no probable cause or judicial oversight, which means the DOJ could do as they damned well please. Again, there is a gag order on the holders of the records.

These both seem like a pretty dramatic infrigements on personal liberty, notably the right to privacy.

That and warrants, where they are still required, are a lot easier to get now than before Patriot in both criminal and terrorism investigations.

These are just to name the more important rights curtailing.

Ssshhhhh! It's ok because Jesus told Bush II to do so. Don't you know that?

I remember when the republicans had a fucking cow over Clinton's "Know Your Customer" policy. Which required oversight into all transactions over 10k.

But that's ok, because Jesus loves Bush, and Bush loves Israel, so the fundies will boot-lick until their tongues fall off.

You'll also notice our friend Shinning is real tough behind a computer. Hey Shinning, why don't you enlist? The army could use every swinging dick right now. Put your money where your mouth is.
Q

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe