chinaman guns down 8 good ol' boys

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Postby Prodigal Son » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:17 pm

The suspect was ``sniping'' at the victims with a SKS assault-style rifle, Zeigle said. He was ``chasing after them and killing them,'' he said.

Now this is hunting.
Prodigal Son
BFCus Regularus

This isn't an uncommon occurance

Postby Q » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:20 pm

Back when I worked for a Federal Game Warden, on a federal reserve, this shit happened all the time. Just not on this scale.

In the case in which I was involved in, the fedgov came in and "appropriated" land for the base to use as bombing ranges. Yet, they still allowed local hunters to use the managed lands that weren't being bombed.

Now, you've got Cletus who has been hunting on these lands with his family for decades, he's not going to be happy that he has to 1)pay to hunt there, and 2)obey federal game limits. He's not going to be happy. Especially the older ones.

Not only that, but we only allowed 200 hunters on the reservation at any one time. Were talking about a couple of 100 thousand acres. I was responsible for patrolling about 22k of that.

I would have grown men CRY because we'd reached the 200 limit and wouldn't let anyone else on.

We'd also have guys fighting over deer stands and territory.

All for fucking florida white tail, who maybe topped out at 130lbs. not dressed.

We'd have fucksticks killing 38lb. doe's, maybe 10 minutes after becoming legal.

There are good hunters out there and they are the only reason I kept my sanity in that job. But there are a ton of assholes out there who shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm much less a hunting permit.

All that being said, if this was private property, and he was tresspassing and armed, I would have shot his ass too. Only I wouldn't have missed.
Q
Al-Aqua Teen Martyr's Brigade

Postby Tarkan » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:48 pm

Prodigal Son wrote:I'm not saying these poor saps who got whacked were drunk or high --

No, what you said was this: "I say the asian guy did us a service."
So, a while back Buzz I think said you were an ok guy. However, you strike me as being extremely low class. Reveling in the death of 6 guys who did nothing other than ask a trespasser to leave their property = low class.

BTW, only one of the 8 people shot had a gun.

The other guys were probably just there to camp out and have fun with friends.

The Hmong, well, they have a reputation for poaching. That is, killing game not in season, more than their limit, and not on their property. So, by your criteria, the Hmong was the bigger problem from a killing game perspective.

But, no, the "asian guy did us a service" because he killed a bunch of white guys (who probably voted for Bush). Who is "us" anyway, and where do you think, ultimately, your little twisted line of thinking is taking you? Do you think you end up in a nice happy place at the end of the day Prodigal? You need to take a look in the mirror buddy and think about some things.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:56 pm

I think you hit the nail on the head, Tark.

Hunters = Red blooded Bush voters.
Prod = still pissed off about Nov. 2
Dead hunters = revenge

Prod hasn't been quite the same since he went around the bend after the election. I think he's just using hyperbole for effect here. It is in pretty bad taste. If we were joking about dead Iraqi civilians they bedwetters on this board would be all over us.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby Tarkan » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:07 pm

Buzzsaw wrote:I think you hit the nail on the head, Tark.

Hunters = Red blooded Bush voters.
Prod = still pissed off about Nov. 2
Dead hunters = revenge

Prod hasn't been quite the same since he went around the bend after the election. I think he's just using hyperbole for effect here. It is in pretty bad taste. If we were joking about dead Iraqi civilians they bedwetters on this board would be all over us.

Yeah, but my respect for Kurt was boosted when he jumped on Immigrant and Prodigal.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby immigrant » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:08 pm

i would of offered the chinaman food and drink, not chase him off my land. These people have no culture.
"Our enemies never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country, and neither do we." Bush 08/2004

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of
numbers in it." Bush 03/2002
immigrant
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:13 pm

immigrant wrote:i would of offered the chinaman food and drink, not chase him off my land. These people have no culture.

So obviously they deserved to die.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dim » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:26 pm

I say the asian guy did us a service

This seems like a good time to give a shout out to another democratic hero Ted Bundy, who raped and killed dozens (possibly hundreds) of girls, many of whom were associated with Republican organisations or who lived in red states. Surely if the US had more men like Ted Bundy things would have been very different on Nov 2.
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is cursed.
Dim
BFCus Regularus

Postby Buzzsaw » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:34 pm

Funny, Dim.

Come on, immigrant...."would of"????? That's even more offensive than your original post.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby Buzzsaw » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:36 pm

Tarkan wrote:Yeah, but my respect for Kurt was boosted when he jumped on Immigrant and Prodigal.

My respect for Kurt is boosted every morning when I see he hasn't either shut down this board or lay down in the middle of 5th Avenue in exasperation over the futility of moderating the discussion here.
Buzzsaw
Gynecology Enthusiast

Postby immigrant » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:47 pm

you guys wanted chinamen and mexicans as low wage earners, now you got em. So don't bitch when one of your guest toilet cleaners snipes a beer buddy or soils your albino daughter.

More are a comin'... praise jesus and keep those taxes low!
"Our enemies never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country, and neither do we." Bush 08/2004

immigrant
BFCus Regularus

Postby Bobby Sands » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:53 pm

Prodigal Son wrote:... I find this particular FORM of hunting, which frequently sees the use of alcohol by hunters, not hunting in general, slightly repugnant.

Maybe true, but they didn't deserve to get killed for asking a guy not to use their tree stand.
Bobby Sands
Sword of Damocles

Postby patriot » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:55 pm

You're a monumental idiot, Immigrant.

You would have offered him food and drink!? Is that what you usually do when you find someone trespassing on your land, or do you just skip the pleasentries and get straight to the blow-jobs?

What a douche bag...
patriot
BFCus Regularus

Postby Prodigal Son » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:07 pm

I say the asian guy did us a service

This seems like a good time to give a shout out to another democratic hero Ted Bundy, who raped and killed dozens (possibly hundreds) of girls, many of whom were associated with Republican organisations or who lived in red states. Surely if the US had more men like Ted Bundy things would have been very different on Nov 2.

Come on people. It's a joke in no way related to Nov. 2. A JOKE. Surely you can see the irony of a bunch of "manly" hunters being gunned down and slaughtered like the helpless animals they themselves were trying to blow away? The only way it would be funnier is if it was Bambi doing the shooting, not this pissed off asian guy. Comedy is funniest when mixed with tragedy and poetic justice -- which is what we have here. Did those hunters "deserve" to die? No, no one does, but the way in which they were ushered into the great beyond was irony at the best. Dying is tragedy, but dying in an IRONIC way makes one material for late-night comedians. That's why we all laugh at the Darwin awards.
Prodigal Son
BFCus Regularus

Postby immigrant » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:11 pm

the poorest afghan, russian, mongol, etc, would split his last potato with a foreign stranger wandering on his land. Yet a citizen of the wealthiest country on earth lacks any kind of culture that humanity was founded on.

Your savior Jesus gave his life for the sin's of humanity yet you cannot fathom the concept of sharing land or food. Be very ashamed, you bible thumping hypocrate.

immigrant
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe