Maybe Canada has an inferiority complex

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Maybe Canada has an inferiority complex

Postby mach1 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:16 pm

We are too set in our ways. When humility turns into apathy and
a slumber party and Liberal love-in.

News a while ago was advertising agencies receiving millions of dollars for doing little or no work.

Now a new report comes out @ the same time as the auditor-g's report that the feds are wasting millions of dollars for prescription drugs and failing to crack down on drug abusers that more than one million Canadian children live in poverty. At its highest since 1996.

Yet Canada is trying to prove its stellar worth to the world by
assisting Third World countries?

Here were are offering to aid in Iraqi elections. Fine. But, shit,
one can't be all things to all other people and countries and
nothing to self.
mach1
Postus Allthefuckingtimeus

Postby Shining Eye » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:46 am

When you're sitting along side the Roman citizens of your day, of course you feel inferior. When all your talented and ambitious people head South of the Border to make Yankee Greenbacks, of course you feel inferior. If you live in one cold ass country and travel south to Florida to sunbath and your alabaster skin produces an albedo effect that registers on NOAA satellites, of course you feel inferior. If you are Canadian, of course you feel inferior.
Terrorist are the missionaries of Islam.
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

Rome

Postby cbychoice » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:26 pm

Well,we all know how the Roman Empire ended!
A little bit of inconsistancy saves a lot of explanation later
cbychoice
BFCus Regularus

Postby seeker » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:15 pm

I'd say Bushie has the inferiority complex. Too wimpy to address parliament lest he hear a few "boos" from outside his bubble. Instead they plan a "thank you, Atlantic Canada visit" after thanking Atlantic Canada about a zillion times so far.
seeker
BFCus Regularus

Postby mach1 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:14 pm

Each country has its own internal problems.

My main concern was lookit, millions lost to scrupulous advertising contractors while povery amongst children is on the rise.

I applaud wholeheartedly Canadas efforts to assist Burkina Faso.

Yet I am lost on the point if we do that for others countries while our
own children , uh, need help. Or are being neglected.

And that its easy to point fingers at other countries while not
even looking at your own...

-- --

IN THE NEWS

Pentagon auditors and congressional Democrats have repeatedly turned up problems with Halliburton's contracts. Some examples:

--The U.S. ambassador to Kuwait intervened to ensure that Halliburton retained a favored Kuwaiti subcontractor for gasoline imports to Iraq. Bush administrative officials have said only career contracting officials made decisions on Halliburton contracts.

--In 2002, Cheney's chief of staff, a political appointee, was told the vice president's former company would receive no-bid work to restore Iraq's oil facilities. Cheney's spokesman said the information was not given to the vice president.

--Halliburton charged the government $2.68 a gallon to import Kuwaiti gasoline to Iraq while a U.S. government agency did the same job for $1.57 a gallon.

--Pentagon auditors recommended withholding nearly $160 million in payments, saying the company charged the military for meals in and around Iraq that were never served.
Ride the Walrus
mach1
Postus Allthefuckingtimeus

Postby seeker » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:51 am

mach wrote:Each country has its own internal problems.

My main concern was lookit, millions lost to scrupulous advertising contractors while povery amongst children is on the rise.

I applaud wholeheartedly Canadas efforts to assist Burkina Faso.

Yet I am lost on the point if we do that for others countries while our
own children , uh, need help. Or are being neglected.

And that its easy to point fingers at other countries while not
even looking at your own...

I agree - all we did today was endless coverage about the rise in poverty in Canada (generally), rise in child poverty, and "obesity problem" in Ontario...oh, and Martin's convoy doing the Sudan 'hit and run'...nice to see the crap we get fed off the Broadcast News Wire Service.

On the other hand, I'll hopefully be in Ottawa to cover the Nov.30 protest goings-on in Ottawa. Other than the horrid cold spell we've been hit with, I'm quite looking forward to it.
seeker
BFCus Regularus

Postby Shining Eye » Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:49 am

Well goodie! we have three hundred more years to go and will be eventually fully Christianized. But where will the barbarians come from? Canada?
Terrorist are the missionaries of Islam.
Shining Eye
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe