Iraqi Dinars? Again?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Iraqi Dinars? Again?

Postby Kurt » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:17 pm

I had no idea this scam was so enduring.

https://www.newsweek.com/some-americans ... ey-1225643

But now people are claiming Trump has invested in Dinars and is going to push to revalue them.

When I was in the Balkans 25 years ago now, The Serbian Dinar was worthless and when they would "revalue" it, you had to be in Serbia itself, wait in line at a bank and then turn in your flour sacks and wheelbarrows of 500,000,000,000 Dinar notes for revalued notes at whatever Deutsche Mark value the new ones were pegged at (usually started 1 DM to 1 Dinar). When I was there one time it was 800,000,000,000,000 old dinars to 1 new dinar. It would have been dumb to suddenly make 800 trillion dinars worth 800 trillion DM. It is also dumb to think that if the DInar is revalued that having them anywhere but Iraq or an Iraqi bank would create any result other than losing all your Dinars.

Anyway, that scam still exists and is growing stronger because people are shockingly dumb.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Iraqi Dinars? Again?

Postby gnaruki » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Wonder if there are other currency investment ploys. This looks ripe for scammers and perfect for the home shopping network marks crowd. Buy Congolese Francs! The government is planning to nationalize all the country's mines next year which will increase the Francs value 9182843049328405% !!!!!
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:17 am

So this is how they're gonna pay for the wall.

More genius.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:05 am

No. There's bargain basement soy to resell for that.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:49 pm

ROB wrote:So this is how they're gonna pay for the wall.

More genius.

Basically it is like this:

Right Wing Stuff = Sell to Chumps.

QAnon = T-Shirts and Coffee mugs made in China and shipped through Mexico.

Proud Boys = Proud Boys LLC that was incorporated on Oct. 25th and DBA as Proud of Your Boy Store and Proud Boy Magazine...also designed to sell t-shirts and coffee mugs made in China.

Dinars are a but different, but it is based off of a premise that has never happened in history, currency being revalued without being re-issued and faith in some kind of Republican power, be it GWB or Trump. I am sure the people who purchase Iraqi Dinars are sold to whatever Right-WIng-Chump mailing list....which must be a gold mine.

And the Wall is gonna be paid for by Mexico. Everyone knows that :/
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Return to Black Flag Cafe