We’re Gonna Impeach the Motherfucker

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

We’re Gonna Impeach the Motherfucker

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:58 am

I’ll be the first to say it: Happy New Year!
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

After you've torn down everything you didn't build

Postby denise » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:49 am

Then what
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Re: We’re Gonna Impeach the Motherfucker

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:18 pm

As much as I do not like him I oppose impeaching him.

Just because I know some of his fanbois are a bit off their nuts and heavily armed.

I'd much rather see him lose by a narrower than expected margin and be done with it. The midterm elections went perfectly for that reason. The Blue Wave did not materialize as expected and the Tumpians had no "Deep State" to blame and instead they claimed that the real goal was to hold onto the Senate.

Some scary-assed "lets have a massacre and then we can threaten to shoot the survivors if they blame guns for getting shot" types out there.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:08 am

True. True. If he were impeached by Congress he wouldn’t be convicted by the Senate, not this Senate, so he’d remain in office anyway. Then the G.O.P. could decide if they’d have a Come To Jesus moment at the next RNC and nominate someone else. Not gonna happen, though I won’t be surprised if he kicks Pence off the ticket.

I’m not fond of the notion of Congress refraining from impeaching Trump to avoid the Proud Boys and Q’s going all out with shooting people.

I’m particularly not fond of the idea of President Pence. So anyway, Happy New Year
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby nowonmai » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:18 pm

nowonmai
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:32 am

He's like Nixon but stupid. Fortunately he's got a strong marketing team to make up for his shortcomings. Senate won't convict and the blue team knows that. Probably going to see a Nixon like maneuver swapping out VP and a second term resignation followed by pardon.... If he wins of course. Watch the slow shift moderate (Trump moderate) now to election day to garner some votes.
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:11 am

Nixon wasn't stupid but he definitely was taken out.

I can't even begin to tell you how current American politics has demoralized the country - like being in the middle of the worst ugliest ongoing divorce ever.

I guess that's what the Founding Fathers did their best to prepare for but still.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe