What's the Dems' First Emergency Going to Be?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

What's the Dems' First Emergency Going to Be?

Guns
1
20%
Climate
1
20%
Gender trans something
2
40%
Poverty
0
No votes
Other
1
20%
 
Total votes : 5

What's the Dems' First Emergency Going to Be?

Postby ROB » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:09 am

You know it's coming now. Pucker up.
User avatar
ROB
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5184
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:49 am

Re: What's the Dems' First Emergency Going to Be?

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:08 am

Seriously, maybe opiodes. Killing somewhere around 5000 a year in Canada, must be 10x that number in the US.
User avatar
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2864
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:18 am
Location: St. Catharines, ON, Canada

Re: What's the Dems' First Emergency Going to Be?

Postby sparrow » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:08 am

40,000 gun deaths a year? I mean, seriously, that's a LOT of fucking people. School shootings every 12 days. What do you USA people think is an emergency? Turtles getting run over as they try to cross the road?
Cue: denise
User avatar
sparrow
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:14 pm

Re: What's the Dems' First Emergency Going to Be?

Postby cowboycraig » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:34 pm

sparrow wrote:40,000 gun deaths a year? I mean, seriously, that's a LOT of fucking people. School shootings every 12 days. What do you USA people think is an emergency? Turtles getting run over as they try to cross the road?
Cue: denise


Those stats are silliness. That is gangsta's ridding the world of their existence and suicides. The last bit is self defense and making the world a better place by cops and civilians. The only victim in those shootings was the bullets.

The school shooting number is total bullshit. Blatant BS and made up numbers.

We know an emergency just fine when we see it, it is pinko's spreading like a cancer in this great country - all of which don't like guns. Like Stalin didn't like them.

Go away.
User avatar
cowboycraig
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

edit: one even too many

Postby el3so » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:17 am

cowboycraig wrote:We know an emergency just fine when we see it, it is pinko's spreading like a cancer in this great country - all of which don't like guns. Like Stalin didn't like them.
Kinda sucks that your two-party political system seems to become ever more divisive but it definitely is good for an occasional laugh.

But seriously:
Which candidates will the Democrats prop up come 2020? That young chick isn't even nominated and Bernie seem sincere and cool 'n all but lacks the political clout and IMO his image/ideas 'll piss off more folks than Clinton. Me, I'd go with Oprah. Or just go crazy and vote in Steve Bezos for overlord, let the drones take over.

Say of Trump what you will (not up to speed regarding ongoing legal proceedings or his standing in the Republican party, him being up for re-election means probably no other people running) but he is a strong brand and delivers parts of what a part of your population wants.
she isn't a man you need to shut your fucking mouth little pussy bitch - random Youtube comment
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 7949
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re: What's the Dems' First Emergency Going to Be?

Postby sparrow » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:52 am

cowboycraig wrote:
pinko's

Bwahahahahaha.Holey fuck it's like going back 40 years. Pinkos? Fucking really? Thanks for that Archie.
User avatar
sparrow
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:14 pm

Re: What's the Dems' First Emergency Going to Be?

Postby denise » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:25 am

I think we can all agree that murder suicides are the lowest lifeforms ever.

Should we apologise for our ability to produce steel as we've done on a massive scale in the not too recent past to appease you or anyone else I think not.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 7536
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:25 am
Location: Home of the Wild Frontier

Re: What's the Dems' First Emergency Going to Be?

Postby sparrow » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:13 am

denise wrote:I think we can all agree that murder suicides are the lowest lifeforms ever.

Yes, definitely.

denise wrote:Should we apologise for our ability to produce steel as we've done on a massive scale in the not too recent past to appease you or anyone else I think not.

Here's the thing. It's costing you more than us, especially in the automotive sector. But it's definitely costing us both and the tariffs in both countries {multi millions of dollars} are going into general revenues. Think about that.
User avatar
sparrow
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:14 pm

Re: What's the Dems' First Emergency Going to Be?

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:26 am

denise wrote:I think we can all agree that murder suicides are the lowest lifeforms ever.

Should we apologise for our ability to produce steel as we've done on a massive scale in the not too recent past to appease you or anyone else I think not.


I am not agreeing with some things Sparrow is saying but agree that the steel/aluminum tariffs are stupid. Didn't work when Shrub tried them and eventually gave up and they are not working now. When you screw your friends you end up helping your enemies (i.e. China). Not to worry, I think Washington has started to figure it out.
User avatar
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2864
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:18 am
Location: St. Catharines, ON, Canada

Re: What's the Dems' First Emergency Going to Be?

Postby goat balls » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:23 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:
denise wrote:I think we can all agree that murder suicides are the lowest lifeforms ever.

Should we apologise for our ability to produce steel as we've done on a massive scale in the not too recent past to appease you or anyone else I think not.


I am not agreeing with some things Sparrow is saying but agree that the steel/aluminum tariffs are stupid. Didn't work when Shrub tried them and eventually gave up and they are not working now. When you screw your friends you end up helping your enemies (i.e. China). Not to worry, I think Washington has started to figure it out.


Yeah you’re right. All that cheap and shitty Chinese steel that was getting dumped on us through the wonderful nafta trade deals. Gosh, however will we go on without it? Getting back doored through Canada and Mexico was all the rage for a long time and a financial windfall for Wall Street and devastating to the North American middle class. Trump figured this out, campaigned on it and won. And he’ll win on it again.

You guys want to saddle up with the Wall Street crowd, be my guest but it’s not going to end well for you. Because of Trudeau and Freeland you’re already in trouble. Have you actually looked at the trade deal they signed? They refused to negotiate, then demanded special standing for transsexuals in the trade deal and then at the last minute signed a trade deal that is highly specific to US Mexico trade. Grossly incompetent. If you told me that they swallowed too much LSD and then did that trade deal, I’d believe you. But they’re the best at virtue signaling on Twitter. I mean wow but they’re good at that. How about Freelands tweet at the saudis? What’d that end up costing Canada, 50 to 100 billion in trade deals? That’s quite the genius duo you guys have there. Nice what Trudeau did to that prosecutor as well. Funny how the leftists think about their wallet when nobody is looking.

Canada was the middle man for cheap Chinese shit. Now it’s caught up with you, and you have a problem, and it has nothing to do with trump.
User avatar
goat balls
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:12 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: What's the Dems' First Emergency Going to Be?

Postby nowonmai » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:24 am

A bit cruel to put 100 rounds of .50 Into both his engines.

Bail out bail out
User avatar
nowonmai
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 11542
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:52 pm

Re: What's the Dems' First Emergency Going to Be?

Postby goat balls » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:10 pm

nowonmai wrote:A bit cruel to put 100 rounds of .50 Into both his engines.

Bail out bail out


You know- I doubt the Canadians even know what’s in this trade deal. The Canadian press went all this was a brilliant and shrewd strategy by Trudeau and Freeland that stopped the big bad orange man and saved the day for Canada. Trump ate their breakfast, lunch and dinner, had sex with their wife and didn’t even bother to close the front door when he left. And the Canadians don’t even know it. They actually think he’s stupid. The really sad part is that we didn’t even try to eat their lunch.
Us: ok Canadians, we’re going to redo this deal, what do you want in it?
Canadians: LBQTXRZ people are oppressed!
Us: ok, and?
Canadians: MMmmmfffftttt womp.

The Mexicans showed up in force and negotiated a very good deal for themselves. And it’s a good deal for the US. Trump even promised to help the Mexicans with the produce market issues. That’s a biggie as the big five control that market and they’re scum. Maybe the Mexicans can show the Canadians how international trade works.


The press are using Orwell’s novel as an instruction manual and it’s working. Keeping them in the dark.
User avatar
goat balls
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:12 pm
Location: Mexico

emergency

Postby el3so » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:52 am

goat balls wrote:Canadians: LBQTXRZ people are oppressed!
Us: ok, and?
Canadians: MMmmmfffftttt womp.
Not making a Navy joke here but honestly, what does it matter to you what consenting adults do or do not shove up their asses in the privacy of their homes? ;-)
goat balls wrote:The Mexicans showed up in force and negotiated a very good deal for themselves. And it’s a good deal for the US. Trump even promised to help the Mexicans with the produce market issues. That’s a biggie as the big five control that market and they’re scum. Maybe the Mexicans can show the Canadians how international trade works.
You guys basically have a whole continent to divvy up amongst yourselves. Death squads and dictators, put that on a Dead Kennedys shirt, we already tried that and it didn't really work. Time marches on. EU is but a small piece of real estate, the Americas have like 2 oceans and a whole bunch of resources thrown in.
You don't need socialism to better it for the average hombre IMO
goat balls wrote:The press are using Orwell’s novel as an instruction manual and it’s working.
Most of it is clickbait, no? 1984 didn't feature online shopping and instagram/facebook.
But other than the Russians, politicians seem to be missing the boat on the management of digital information. Thank fück for that.
she isn't a man you need to shut your fucking mouth little pussy bitch - random Youtube comment
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 7949
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

goat balls

Postby sparrow » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:14 am

So fucking stupid.

Good luck with the House of Al Saud and North Korea.
You deserve them both.
User avatar
sparrow
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:14 pm

Re: What's the Dems' First Emergency Going to Be?

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:35 pm

goat balls wrote:
ReptilianKittenEater wrote:
denise wrote:
You guys want to saddle up with the Wall Street crowd, be my guest but it’s not going to end well for you. Because of Trudeau and Freeland you’re already in trouble. Have you actually looked at the trade deal they signed? They refused to negotiate, then demanded special standing for transsexuals in the trade deal and then at the last minute signed a trade deal that is highly specific to US Mexico trade. Grossly incompetent. If you told me that they swallowed too much LSD and then did that trade deal, I’d believe you. But they’re the best at virtue signaling on Twitter. I mean wow but they’re good at that. How about Freelands tweet at the saudis? What’d that end up costing Canada, 50 to 100 billion in trade deals? That’s quite the genius duo you guys have there. Nice what Trudeau did to that prosecutor as well. Funny how the leftists think about their wallet when nobody is looking.

Canada was the middle man for cheap Chinese shit. Now it’s caught up with you, and you have a problem, and it has nothing to do with trump.


If your point is Trudeau is a twat no argument here, he is finished.

This was all about US Mexico anyways as the jobs aren't moving to Canada. When you're dealing with an economy 10x your size your only hope is to lose as little as possible. Canada lost on negotiating trade deals with other countries but when this deal is the main part of your trade it makes sense. US got a big win with auto quotas but IMHO that is a big big win for Canada.

But back to my original point yeah there was something buried in new stories about the back door but what is that 1-2% of the steel trade between the 2 countries? Canada has slapped tariffs on Chinese steel and I would hope have taken further measures.

Meanwhile the NA steel industry has been long integrated and mills specialize in different grades so its not like a mill is going to close up in ON tomorrow and move to Indiana. The big boys are getting along fine up here, American customers paying more for steel or are locked in to contracts. Some subsidies coming from the CA government slowly from retaliatory tariffs. Meanwhile unless there is an infinite, free energy source invented the US will never produce aluminium as cheap as Canada. So Boeing pays more when trying to compete with Airbus and Americans pay more for beer.

Meanwhile the squabbling goes on, The US trying to bully Canada into quotas etc. But who wins?
User avatar
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2864
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:18 am
Location: St. Catharines, ON, Canada

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests