Civil War 2.0?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Civil War 2.0?

Postby Ronbo » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:59 pm

In 2005, I predicted Civil War 2.0 would break out. I had no timeline for this event. It would appear the time is drawing near for a second and even more bloody civil war than the last one.

Please tell me I'm full of crap and it ain't gonna happen!

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... l_war.html
Ronbo
Master of Sock Puppets

Re: Civil War 2.0?

Postby Kurt » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Could be.

One side has all the guns (or so they think and they say) and the other side keeps the hidden part of the infrastructure moving like water treatment, sewerage treatment and power generation and transmission.

The problem I see is that the current administration is trying to cut off payment in many ways to critical services thinking this funds the liberal opposition. The so called "Deep State" when it really funds quite a bit of stuff everyone uses (The Deep State exists but it is not at all what the people who use the term "Deep State" think it is).

Another problem is that the people who call for Civil War (the Our Side Has The Guns) part are old and have bizarre beliefs. Part of my recent job as a player in the piddly world of Deep State operations is keeping track of possible violent threats from followers of "Q", but for the most part they are my age or older have chemical dependency problems, both present and past and are easily parted from their money by pretty much any scheme they can afford. Though willing to rise up and kill they are really not able to do so for both health and economic reasons.

If I had $1.5 million and 2 to 3 years I could thwart any violence from that side of the political spectrum with just $100k per year spent on technical infrastructure, a small staff and a budge to hire various contractors. Not a shot would be fired.

If I wanted to really be evil I could do it and make a profit of about 7 Million but I would be traced quite easily then.

The "Civil War" in the US will be like any other terrorist attack in the US, it would target office workers. The real targets are way out of reach and they pay the salaries of people who have better guns, better infrastructure behind them. They offer a starting job for their kids just out of college, retirement jobs when they are off the Police force or out of the military and "Senior adviser" positions when they retire from their retirement jobs.

The biggest damage that a US Civil War will cause is the fact that it exists at all. It will not be like the war between the North and the South. Any conflict that could in theory be thwarted by me is not a dangerous conflict at all.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:02 pm

If I had $1.5 million and 2 to 3 years I could thwart any violence from that side of the political spectrum with just $100k per year spent on technical infrastructure, a small staff and a budge to hire various contractors. Not a shot would be fired.
A man can dream...
When it happens I count on you spreading some of that wealth. Just send me a plane ticket and the laminated license to kill, I'll bring my own rope.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Civil War 2.0?

Postby gnaruki » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:25 am

gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe