RYP banned from Facebook

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: RYP banned from Facebook

Postby lightstalker » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:29 pm

Def sucks he got booted from facefart.
The world would be a much cleaner place if blind people used brooms instead of canes
lightstalker
Grief Tourist

Postby Chimborazo » Fri May 03, 2019 11:21 am

Kurt wrote:
seektravelinfo wrote:Can it have a “like” button?

Maybe.

Right now the BFC, from a technical standpoint is as follows:

Picture a 1976 Pinto that just got a new engine from 1979.

The database was upgraded but only from 4.x to 5.x and it needs to be a little bit higher.

If RYP is willing to invest some money into the site and you’re willing to do some functional and technical requirements, I can put out an RFP or RFQ to some vendors in India that I’ve used in the Gulf. Between the three of us I don’t think it would be a difficult project to manage, and AWS or Azure would make the infrastructure side pretty easy.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby The Turd Polisher » Fri May 03, 2019 3:37 pm

getting lumped in with the best of them.....

Louis Farrakhan, Alex Jones and other 'dangerous' voices banned by Facebook and Instagram
New York (CNN Business) Facebook announced Thursday that it had designated some high-profile people, including Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who's notorious for using anti-Semitic language, and right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, as "dangerous" and said it will be purging them from its platforms.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/02/tech/fac ... index.html
"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Sat May 04, 2019 5:02 am

gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ronbo » Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm

Farmdog wrote:Just saw a post that included his permanent ban notification. Did anyone catch what caused the ban other than community standards?

I guess anyone not to the Left of Lenin is getting banned from Facebook....I was banned back in February of this year - Same as RYP, I violated community standards (whatever they are)...Anyhow, I can see why a raving mad dog Republican like me was banned, but I don't understand why RYP would be? A pretty moderate guy, politically speaking.
Ronbo
Master of Sock Puppets

Postby Loki50 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:05 pm

Hey hey hey. Aint been in here in years....
Loki50

Postby ROB » Sat May 18, 2019 2:16 am

You weren't banned for being republican. You were banned for being a plain old vanilla cunt.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ronbo » Fri May 24, 2019 5:48 pm

ROB wrote:You weren't banned for being republican. You were banned for being a plain old vanilla cunt.

Thanks, I love you too! :-)
Ronbo
Master of Sock Puppets

Postby svizzerams » Mon May 27, 2019 2:50 pm

Cool. Seems it is old home week. Greetings from the Baleares island of Menorca. Practicing shooting the Milky Way and the odd light house. Cheers.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby cowboycraig » Tue May 28, 2019 1:41 am

the answer really is minds.com.
All the cool kids are heading over there.

I am there, hop on https://www.minds.com/fractal_king
cowboycraig
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue May 28, 2019 1:54 am

svizzerams wrote:Cool. Seems it is old home week. Greetings from the Baleares island of Menorca. Practicing shooting the Milky Way and the odd light house. Cheers.

There's the old 500 rule, but any light in the foreground always seems to fuck that up when I try.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby svizzerams » Tue May 28, 2019 2:53 pm

Thankfully not much ambient light in the foregrounds....steep learning curve. Always.

ROB wrote:
svizzerams wrote:Cool. Seems it is old home week. Greetings from the Baleares island of Menorca. Practicing shooting the Milky Way and the odd light house. Cheers.

There's the old 500 rule, but any light in the foreground always seems to fuck that up when I try.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby kinderdigi » Wed May 29, 2019 8:09 pm

Pardon the intrusion..

The exposure time length vs ISO can be critical in keeping noise low. As the sensor heats (long exposure) noise increases.

Have a look on the web for common solutions. Cooling the sensor is best. But, being practical, keep the camera as cool as possible.

Snip
The noise is thermal noise, which will become noticeable as your sensor heats up during a long exposure. In astrophotography, it's quite a common problem.
Some ways to reduce such noise:
cool sensor down, e.g. by shooting in the cold weather. Note that cold also negatively affects battery life.
set the camera to take a dark frame with same settings (to get just the noise) and subtract it from the image; this can be either done manually (taking a second frame with lens cap on) or automatically by camera (the feature is called Long Exposure Noise Reduction or something similar).
using a stronger noise reduction setting in camera; this may also make the photo softer overall.
shoot several shorter exposures in a sequence and add them together in post processing (this is called "stacking"); you could use DeepSky Stacker for that. Make sure you do not combine this with dark frame technique to avoid dotted trails.

https://photo.stackexchange.com/questio ... g-exposure

Have fun.

kd
kinderdigi
BFCus Regularus

Postby SW RANGER » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:11 pm

F**K ZUCKERBERG AND HIS TWO BIT WEBSITE

RYP & Co: Come Over to www.mewe.com which is kicking FB'S ASS and people can post anything the want

DO IT NOW !
Matthias : Definition of a scientist - a man who understands nothing until there was nothing left to understand.

Neville : So, there is a little light in the forest after all.
SW RANGER

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:43 pm

.DO IT NOW !

No.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe