HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: HELLO ALL - NEWBIE HERE

Postby El Pelon » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:38 am

ROB wrote:
rickshaw92 wrote:Probably round Dec / Jan. Would love to meet up if you are around at that time. Bring that big Swedish dude with you if you can.

Fuck that guy.

Will give you a shout if BKK is on our itinerary!

Yeah Rob, he's a prick! ;)

I suspect it won't take much coaxing to get him to pop smoke in Sweden and head to the tropics that time of the year.
El Pelon
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:05 pm

SW RANGER, please stop with the subject lines in ALL CAPS. We don't like being shouted at; it's rude and makes us sad.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Postby RYP » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:37 pm

You people. Be nice.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby RYP » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:45 pm

Welcome SW Ranger.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby SW RANGER » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:15 pm

Thank You Mr. Pelton and especially for your Great Works...BTW Today is Bastille Day and like my Brother Rich found out in 1972 whilst on a EURAIL Tour of Europe when in Paris everything shuts down and you can't even get a Taxi to save your life....

Also when he was on a Spring Break Road Trip of Florida, him and his buddies met a Veteran of Le Legion Etrange who was there for Act One of the Vietnam War (1947-54) during a Breakfast at a Howard Johnson's. Said gentleman was captured by the Viet Minh and subjected to having Bamboo Shoved under his fingernails to make him reveal where his Unit was at the time. He refused to talk since he knew his Unit was close by and was ready to attack said position. When his Unit came in with guns Blazing his Capitane turned a blind eye as he dealt with his gracious hosts in a most graphic manner.......(Let your own respective minds paint the picture of that)

Final note My Brother and his friends were about to be thrown out of the Hojo's for their Long Hair (This was still the Early 70's) when Mr. Legion Etrange spoke up and said they were his Guests and any further attempts would be taken personally by him. The Management was suddenly Warm and Receptive....

Ce'st Le Vie !
Matthias : Definition of a scientist - a man who understands nothing until there was nothing left to understand.

Neville : So, there is a little light in the forest after all.
SW RANGER

Postby 2 Charlie » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:42 pm

Welcome aboard SW Ranger, unfortunate handle as we have a couple Rangers in the fold...

Hey SRR, you still on the Left Coast.
"You can do it fast...you can do it cheap...you can do it right.....But you only get to pick two."
2 Charlie
Snortus Guinness

Postby SW RANGER » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:39 pm

Thanks Charlie....Glad to be here !
Matthias : Definition of a scientist - a man who understands nothing until there was nothing left to understand.

Neville : So, there is a little light in the forest after all.
SW RANGER

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe