Where to Find the Best Airport Food

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Where to Find the Best Airport Food

Postby Kurt » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:25 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:I’ve made gazpacho with vodka and it’s a nutritious & tasty treat, eaten ice cold. Kurt you would have been better off getting a glass of raki at Ataturk International.

Which reminds me, that son of a bitch Erdogan is going ahead to turn Aya Sofia into a mosque. Just like he said he would.

That sucks hard.

They were pretty much done uncovering the Byzantine art. Where is Ataturk when you need him?

I was in Turkey when the Refa Partisi was running and a then younger Ergodan called Ataturk a "dog" but since Turkey was so corrupt people decided to vote for him, because they figured that anything was better than what they had.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:37 am

Kurt wrote:Russian food is either subtle, hearty and delicious or it is a plate full of "Fuck You" swimming in mayonnaise.

Russians do love their beef and sweets. Meat blinys for breakfast. To loudly announce one is vegetarian there may be meta SJW.

Food down in the Caucasus is wonderful, if you go to one of their charcoal bbq restaurants. Airport food not so much, Domodedovo is a slick looking airport with overpriced food options that made me hold out until Vienna. Also had one those What-the-hell-did-I-just-eat lunch at Mineralnye Vody airport.

Still I say Russia is worth a visit if you can put up with the Visa process.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:13 am

Kurt wrote:
seektravelinfo wrote:I’ve made gazpacho with vodka and it’s a nutritious & tasty treat, eaten ice cold. Kurt you would have been better off getting a glass of raki at Ataturk International.

Which reminds me, that son of a bitch Erdogan is going ahead to turn Aya Sofia into a mosque. Just like he said he would.

That sucks hard.

Why?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:33 pm

ROB wrote:
Kurt wrote:

That sucks hard.

Why?

I meant Hagia Sophia.

For some reason I had more written or at least thought i did before I hit send.

Most of which was their nearly 30 years of restoring graven images from the Byzantine era. A Mosque will make it so they have to cover them up again.

From the city that gave us the term Iconoclast too.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:40 pm

That mosaic of Jesus & John the Baptist is magnificent. They look like wise bikers. Dare they to cover it up again.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby dogtanian » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:59 am

Us infidels should be grateful that it’s only being covered-up, and not exploded.
"Truth is cool; but unattainable..."
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus

Location: Amsterdam - Douala - HCMC - Singapore - Wellington - Whistler

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe