The shit I have seen

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

The shit I have seen

Postby El Pelon » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:57 am

I just have to say how grateful I am to have run around this blue/green marble in the universe with you yahoos. From Brisbane to Los Angeles, and points unknown, there have been a bunch of Flaggers with whom we have teamed up to change the world. With some of you, we have had a beer. With others of you, we have crashed the gates of hell and came back with survivors. Regardless, this place, the Black Flag Cafe, was a point in space/time that a bunch of crazy people met and we did things together that changed everything. From Dunia getting her heart fixed to hauling 25,000 lbs of food to refugees in Iraq, you freaks have been the constant in the equation.

As always, if I meet you on the field, the beer is on me (those of you I have met know I'm good for it).

God bless you all.
El Pelon
BFCus Regularus

Re: The shit I have seen

Postby dogtanian » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:03 pm

Dunia!
Wow - there’s a blast from the past.
How is she?
"Truth is cool; but unattainable..."
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus

Location: Amsterdam - Douala - HCMC - Singapore - Wellington - Whistler

Re: The shit I have seen

Postby El Pelon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:07 pm

She made it. When we went and got her, she was 16 yrs old (turned 17 while in the US) and weighed 55 lbs. She had the surgery, went back home, started to heal, gained weight, grew up, had at least one kid that I know of, moved off the mountain and into San Pedro Sula and then, a few years ago, the folks we know, that had connection to her, moved to the Dominican Republic and all ties to Dunia were lost.

Only thing she has to do is take a baby aspirin each day and she lives a full life. Bottom line, she is alive with a family and it is because of folks here.

The whole thing continues to blow my mind.
El Pelon
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe