BATTY BOB MUGABE HAS BITTEN THE DUST

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

BATTY BOB MUGABE HAS BITTEN THE DUST

Postby SW RANGER » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:51 pm

And I hope Ian Smih along with all the Rhodesians who died in the Terrorist War are tormenting him for all eternity !

Robert Mugabe, the Zimbabwean independence icon turned authoritarian leader, has died aged 95.

Mr Mugabe had been receiving treatment in a hospital in Singapore since April. He was ousted in a military coup in 2017 after 37 years in power.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-49604152
SW RANGER
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: BATTY BOB MUGABE HAS BITTEN THE DUST

Postby Kurt » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:25 pm

Ahh..The Lost Cause of Rhodesia. Smith and the idiots who did the UDI could have spared Rhodesia / ZImbabwe from Mugabe if they had accepted that the terms of independence be agreeable to the "people as a whole" ... 1965-Speak for "Black People Too". But newp, instead of taking Kissenger's advice and try to get minority / tribal rights as part of the independence he fought a dumb, over-glorified war and was lucky to escape with his neck the same length as it was at the start of the Bush War.

Glad Mugabe is dead but like Smith he died comfortably in his old age. The message for Zim and Rhodesia is "be a violent, racist dick and live to a ripe old age".
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19792
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: BATTY BOB MUGABE HAS BITTEN THE DUST

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Good. I always thought the guy to be a cunt.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
User avatar
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard
 
Posts: 8965
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:28 am
Location: Airport Inn trailer park

Re: BATTY BOB MUGABE HAS BITTEN THE DUST

Postby snaark » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:19 pm

About fucking time.
User avatar
snaark
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 1762
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:43 am
Location: Germany

Re: BATTY BOB MUGABE HAS BITTEN THE DUST

Postby SW RANGER » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:05 pm

Kurt wrote:Ahh..The Lost Cause of Rhodesia. Smith and the idiots who did the UDI could have spared Rhodesia / ZImbabwe from Mugabe if they had accepted that the terms of independence be agreeable to the "people as a whole" ... 1965-Speak for "Black People Too". But newp, instead of taking Kissenger's advice and try to get minority / tribal rights as part of the independence he fought a dumb, over-glorified war and was lucky to escape with his neck the same length as it was at the start of the Bush War.

Glad Mugabe is dead but like Smith he died comfortably in his old age. The message for Zim and Rhodesia is "be a violent, racist dick and live to a ripe old age".


Well Blame it on Patrice Lumumba in the Congo and the Mau Mau in Kenya. After those chariming escapades in those former European Colonies the White Rhodies were scared spitless and backed Smith 100 % on UDI

He made the right choice even if it was for 15 years
SW RANGER
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: BATTY BOB MUGABE HAS BITTEN THE DUST

Postby Kurt » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:06 pm

Smith was a drooling racist who was too dumb to see a way for his own people. All the "Lost cause" people, US Confederate or Apartheid Southern African either forget what the governments were fighting for or they don't quite want to admit it so we have Neo Confederates tell us that Nathan Bedford Forrest disavowed he Klan he formed and Robert E. Lee freed his slaves (only after losing a court case in which he contested his father-in-law's Will that freed slaves) and it seems that every confederate was opposed to slavery and every Northerner was a racist (like Lincoln was) but they can never quite figure out how slavery would have ended if the South had won.

Same with Rhodesia. A Racist government is violently overthrown AFTER rejecting a good deal from England which the main condition was "Stop being a racist Government" so everyone blames black people for screwing things up, but Smith made the toilet and toilets get filled with turds, like Mugabe. The dumb Wenwees have never offered anything but whining and nostalgia.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19792
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: BATTY BOB MUGABE HAS BITTEN THE DUST

Postby SW RANGER » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:03 pm

Kurt wrote:Smith was a drooling racist who was too dumb to see a way for his own people. All the "Lost cause" people, US Confederate or Apartheid Southern African either forget what the governments were fighting for or they don't quite want to admit it so we have Neo Confederates tell us that Nathan Bedford Forrest disavowed he Klan he formed and Robert E. Lee freed his slaves (only after losing a court case in which he contested his father-in-law's Will that freed slaves) and it seems that every confederate was opposed to slavery and every Northerner was a racist (like Lincoln was) but they can never quite figure out how slavery would have ended if the South had won.

Same with Rhodesia. A Racist government is violently overthrown AFTER rejecting a good deal from England which the main condition was "Stop being a racist Government" so everyone blames black people for screwing things up, but Smith made the toilet and toilets get filled with turds, like Mugabe. The dumb Wenwees have never offered anything but whining and nostalgia.


Come off it Kurt ....Smith even at his worst was head and shoulders above any of the Black Leaders like Idi Amin Dada who expelled his Nation's Asian Indian Populace after they built Uganda up,was a virulent Anti Semite, and claimed a talking turtle was going about people of Uganda trying to lead a Coup against him

When Smith was leading Rhodesia, Blacks enjoyed the best of Health Care, Good Schools, a High Literacy Rate,Full Bellies, and the right to own Property. Under Mugabe it was quite the reverse with AIDS running rampant and when the World Press Exposed Mugabe for the Dictator he was, he screamed "The Whites are responsible" like the Kooky Kaffir he was.

Lest we forget Smith was a WW 2 Hero who fought for the RAF and was made a Maggiore (Major) in the Italian Nazi Underground

When once asked by a Newsman what he thought of being held in high regard by Racist Groups in the USA, South Africa and the British Commonwealth ...He stated that they should NOT bother considering moving to Rhodesia since Blacks and Whites got along well and there was no need for their poison filled life style there despite the differences in their lifestyle
SW RANGER
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: BATTY BOB MUGABE HAS BITTEN THE DUST

Postby Kurt » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Smith was better than Idi Amin and Mugabe. The thing is he was a total fuckup because he refused the offer to allow blacks the vote. If he had not been a die hard racist Zimbabwe / Rhodesia would not be the mess it is now.

If, lets say Koreans, became the ruling elite in the US and they introduced us to their superior Korean ways and made poor US whites and blacks better educated and provided us with health care and education ...BUT ..that we could not participate in our own government, that would not be appealing to us.

Same with bleks in Zimbabwe...The majority will eventually overthrow the minority, especially if one does not share power with the other. If Smith was smart he would have seen this and tried to arrange a better transition so a snake like Mugabe would not be the one who rose to the top of the power structure. Like all racists, Smith did not see the big picture and screwed over both whites and blacks in the process.

To me this seems self evident. What I am missing about Smith's forsight that showed white rule was always the best option?
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19792
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Postby el3so » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:43 am

SW RANGER wrote:Lest we forget Smith was (...) a Maggiore (Major) in the Italian Nazi Underground
LOL

Kurt wrote: The majority will eventually overthrow the minority, especially if one does not share power with the other. If Smith was smart he would have seen this and tried to arrange a better transition so a snake like Mugabe would not be the one who rose to the top of the power structure. Like all racists, Smith did not see the big picture and screwed over both whites and blacks in the process.
The logical step would be to turn the minority into the majority. Or flip it and blame the minority for all of the majority's woes and screw them over. Either way, you can't get rid of all of the assholes so why bother.
reapers who winnow the great crop of mankind
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 7971
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re:

Postby SW RANGER » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:20 pm

el3so wrote:
SW RANGER wrote:Lest we forget Smith was (...) a Maggiore (Major) in the Italian Nazi Underground
LOL

And what's so funny about Smith helping the Italians fight against Nazi Thugs ????

Kurt wrote: The majority will eventually overthrow the minority, especially if one does not share power with the other. If Smith was smart he would have seen this and tried to arrange a better transition so a snake like Mugabe would not be the one who rose to the top of the power structure. Like all racists, Smith did not see the big picture and screwed over both whites and blacks in the process.
The logical step would be to turn the minority into the majority. Or flip it and blame the minority for all of the majority's woes and screw them over. Either way, you can't get rid of all of the assholes so why bother.


Smith tried to do this but was screwed over by both the US and UK with the Lancaster House Accords in 1979-80 by both Maggie and Jimmy. The UK thought Nkomo was going to win but got snaked by Mugabe and his slimy ways....

P.W. Botha saw this and forestalled any peaceful change in Suid Afrika for several years
SW RANGER
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm

bella ciao this

Postby el3so » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:37 pm

SW RANGER wrote:
el3so wrote:
SW RANGER wrote:Lest we forget Smith was (...) a Maggiore (Major) in the Italian Nazi Underground
LOL
And what's so funny about Smith helping the Italians fight against Nazi Thugs ????
He probably joined up in '45 and his uniform had more stars than Orion.

Nothing personal dude but I cannot let a sentence containing WW2, Italy and resistance pass without at least a scoff.
reapers who winnow the great crop of mankind
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 7971
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re: BATTY BOB MUGABE HAS BITTEN THE DUST

Postby denise » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:25 am

Of natural causes no less.

Pathetic.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 7542
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:25 am
Location: Home of the Wild Frontier

Re: BATTY BOB MUGABE HAS BITTEN THE DUST

Postby SW RANGER » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:46 pm

During a strafing raid over northern Italy on 22 June 1944, enemy flak hit Smith's craft and he had to bail out behind German lines.

A peasant family named Zunino hid him for a brief time; he then joined a group of pro-Allied Italian partisans with whom he took part in sabotage operations against the German garrison for about three months.

When the Germans pulled out of the area in October 1944, Smith left to try to link up with the Allied forces who had just invaded southern France.

Accompanied by three other servicemen, each from a different European country, and a local guide, Smith hiked across the Maritime Alps, finishing the journey walking barefoot on the ice and snow. American troops recovered him in November 1944

In 1978, Smith and non-militant nationalists including Muzorewa signed the Internal Settlement, under which the country became Zimbabwe Rhodesia in 1979.

Mugabe and Nkomo continued fighting; no country recognised the settlement. Smith was part of Muzorewa's delegation that settled with the UK and the revolutionary guerrillas at Lancaster House, and, following Zimbabwe's recognised independence in 1980, he was Leader of the Opposition during Mugabe's first seven years in power.

Smith was a stridently vocal critic of the Mugabe government both before and after his retirement from frontline politics in 1987; he dedicated much of his 1997 memoirs, The Great Betrayal, to condemning Mugabe and several UK politicians.

As Mugabe's reputation thereafter plummeted amid Zimbabwe's economic ruin, reckoning of Smith and his legacy improved.

Zimbabwean opposition supporters lauded the elderly Smith as an immovable symbol of resistance. He remained in Zimbabwe until 2005, when he moved to Cape Town, South Africa, for medical reasons. After his death two years later at the age of 88, his ashes were repatriated and scattered at his farm.
SW RANGER
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: BATTY BOB MUGABE HAS BITTEN THE DUST

Postby Kurt » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:38 pm

No one doubts Smith's bravery in battle. It is just that he was a racist idiot who helped ruin his country and now, like most racist idiots, blames others for not backing him...you know..smart countries that refused to back racist idiots.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 19792
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: BATTY BOB MUGABE HAS BITTEN THE DUST

Postby SW RANGER » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Ian Smith and PK Van der Byl were incredibly stubborn, and would do anything to hang on to minority rule. The most they would even consider was the majority very slowly gaining enough seats so that blacks and whites would have an equal number of seats. In a country where the white population peaked at 8%, which amounted to less than 300 000 people, and in many years, as many whites emigrated from Rhodesia as immigrated to Rhodesia.

Officially, franchise was never denied to black persons on basis of race. Instead, Rhodesia imposed "qualified franchise"- extremely onerous financial, educational and property requirements that effectively disenfranchised nearly the entire black population, as well as poor whites.

The USA caught a lot of bad press for even having a consulate in Salisbury.

You might find Rhodesia's foreign, defence and "information" minister, Pieter K. Van der Byl fascinating. A phony Old Etonian tobacco farmer of Afrikaaner extraction, acting as Foreign Minister of a country no others recognized, dressing up in ironed fatigues to give speeches in the style of Churchill to troops, and censoring swaths of newspapers, the censored spaces left blank white in protest.

In 1979, Thatcher really wanted to recognize Zimbabwe-Rhodesia so as to get the entire Rhodesian problem out of the way for good and move on. However, she was over-ruled by Jimmy Carter, Andy Young (Mugabe's closest American ally and apologist), and Julius Nyerere of Tanzania and Kenneth Kaunda of Zambia, both highly influential Third World leaders at the time. These leaders felt Mugabe was a great guy and Bishop Muzorewa was considered to be an "Uncle Tom" and did not truly represent all Zimbabwean blacks.
SW RANGER
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm


Return to Black Flag Cafe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests