BFC Death Pool 2020

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: BFC Death Pool 2020

Postby Alphabet » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:08 pm

100%, my pops. Lung cancer.

Not hating on anyone here who smokes, because I have as well....but, STOP. If a stubborn cunt like me can, you can as well. I quit because I'd rather my kids see me go out fast, in a pink mist. Rather than slowly wasting away.

It's hard watching a titan fall.

Quit. Please. You matter.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:44 pm

Sucks about your dad, Alphabet.
FWIW put in an effort to share and express everything you always wanted to do with him, you can't do that once they are gone.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ROB » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:05 pm

Sorry to hear it, Alphabet. That is rough.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:34 pm

Didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer for one of the best repetitive threads here.

Just take care of yourselves. We all need each other for more years of shit-posting, and arguing over trivial shit.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:56 am

Sorry to hear that very bad and sad news, Alphabet. My father too lost his life to lung cancer. Still, I was a smoker, and continued to smoke, and then quit. Being a goddamn fool I started smoking again. I’ve got a 5 month supply of Chantix in my lingerie drawer. This reminds me to break it out and start back up on that regimen. It does work, did for me before, and as far as the crazy dreams went I didn’t mind those one bit, entertaining and insightful as they were with all my imaginary friends from my id keeping me company.

Having been a smoker, and then a non-smoker, and now again a smoker I can say with certainty that I enjoyed not smoking more than I haves enjoyed smoking.

Sorry to hear about your father.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:44 pm

So sorry man.

That sucks.

I gave up the cigs in 2012. I still dream longingly of them. So yah, they re-wire your brain a bit.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Lost Boy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:58 am

Kurt wrote:But considering that we are approaching 220k deaths from COVID-19 now, not being Trump seems really quite brilliant.

220k have not died from COVID-19, not even close. CDC revealed that of those 220k, 94% had multiple co-morbidities and were likely to die in the coming weeks or months anyway. A guy got killed in a motorcycle crash and was classified as a covid death. My dad was diagnosed with covid by a doctor who wanted the federal cash incentive, even though my dad tested negative. Doctor said he thought it was a false negative and he still diagnosed covid and sent my dad home. My dad got a second opinion and the doctor found out he had a fever because of a bacterial infection which, if untreated, would have killed him in two or three more days. A week later after antibiotics, he was fine. If he took the doctor's word and went home and sweated it out, he would have died and it would have gone in the books as a covid death.

This virus has killed less than 14k people in this country, which is about a sixth of the average death toll from a yearly flu season.
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Lost Boy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:02 am

ROB wrote:Lost Boy for the win.

To be fair, she had one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel. And I only called one out of five or so. Although, there are still almost 70 days left in the year...
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:08 am

Lost Boy wrote:220k have not died from COVID-19, not even close. CDC revealed that of those 220k, 94% had multiple co-morbidities and were likely to die in the coming weeks or months anyway. A guy got killed in a motorcycle crash and was classified as a covid death. My dad was diagnosed with covid by a doctor who wanted the federal cash incentive, even though my dad tested negative. Doctor said he thought it was a false negative and he still diagnosed covid and sent my dad home. My dad got a second opinion and the doctor found out he had a fever because of a bacterial infection which, if untreated, would have killed him in two or three more days. A week later after antibiotics, he was fine. If he took the doctor's word and went home and sweated it out, he would have died and it would have gone in the books as a covid death.

This virus has killed less than 14k people in this country, which is about a sixth of the average death toll from a yearly flu season.

Seeks still has the Post of the Year, but this derpy load of shit should at least get a special mention.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:32 pm

Lost Boy wrote:
Kurt wrote:But considering that we are approaching 220k deaths from COVID-19 now, not being Trump seems really quite brilliant.

220k have not died from COVID-19, not even close. CDC revealed that of those 220k, 94% had multiple co-morbidities and were likely to die in the coming weeks or months anyway. A guy got killed in a motorcycle crash and was classified as a covid death. My dad was diagnosed with covid by a doctor who wanted the federal cash incentive, even though my dad tested negative. Doctor said he thought it was a false negative and he still diagnosed covid and sent my dad home. My dad got a second opinion and the doctor found out he had a fever because of a bacterial infection which, if untreated, would have killed him in two or three more days. A week later after antibiotics, he was fine. If he took the doctor's word and went home and sweated it out, he would have died and it would have gone in the books as a covid death.

That is stupid. You are stupid.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:57 pm

We are all entitled to our own opinion. My opinion is stupid people should be ignored rather than be engaged in conversation.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Kurt » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:39 pm

el3so wrote:We are all entitled to our own opinion. My opinion is stupid people should be ignored rather than be engaged in conversation.

I used to think that too until one morning I woke up, went outside and smelled rotting corpse of people who were stacked like cordwood 1.5 miles away and dripping corpse fluids into puddles.

Dumb is dangerous. Dumb kills.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Re:

Postby el3so » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:44 pm

Kurt wrote: Dumb is dangerous. Dumb kills.
But dumb doesn't listen nor learn. That's why we pay insurance.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: Re:

Postby ROB » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:29 pm

el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote: Dumb is dangerous. Dumb kills.
But dumb doesn't listen nor learn. That's why we pay insurance.

Dumb votes.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:30 am

Calling people stupid only works for as long as you can shut them out, that doesn't work in a democracy if there are enough of them.

That's one of the supposed reasons voting is mostly mandatory over here. Looking at other places, seems like it doesn't really matter. Still better than the alternatives.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe