Outbreak...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Outbreak...

Postby ROB » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:29 am

I already did.

Pretty sure that's where all my midget anal porn posts came from.
User avatar
ROB
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5421
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:49 am

Re: Outbreak...

Postby Ozymandias » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:05 am

ROB wrote:I always wash my hands and wear a facemask when I visit PBs.

Have a chat to Ozzymandias about PBs. I think a few people have ideas...


I'm definitely onboard for a Polo's Bastards revival! Assuming Coronavirus doesn't get us all...

Watch this space!
User avatar
Ozymandias
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:07 pm
Location: Tunis, Tunisia

Re: Outbreak...

Postby gnaruki » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:31 am

Hysteria has begun in the US. Cold medicine and cleaning supply store shelves emptied today in my area. So far one confirmed case near my home.
User avatar
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Outbreak...

Postby snaark » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:09 am

People are already panic-buying here. In German its called Hamsterkäuf - literally hamster buying - which I think is pretty funny, though I didn't know hamsters eat so much tinned food. Pasta shelves in supermarkets are largely empty. I wanted to cook lasagne, but luckily it was the only thing left. Apparently hamsters and preppers don't like lasagne.
User avatar
snaark
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 1880
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:43 am
Location: Germany

Postby el3so » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:33 pm

I originally started stocking up on tinned food, bullets, psychotropic medicine, booze, tools, spices and a waterchip as a joke for the executors of my last will.
snaark wrote: I didn't know hamsters eat so much tinned food.
Hamsters store food in their mouth pouches, same word in Dutch. Here's hoping they all forget to buy/acquire can openers.
snaark wrote: Apparently hamsters and preppers don't like lasagne.
You need two kinds of sauce and an oven to do lasagna justice, too much effort IMO in a pandemic dog-eats-dog type of scenario...

Me, I'll just stick to my plan of capturing a fat woman and wearing her skin as a disguise to lure my next bunch of meals. Only investments required are a bar of chocolate, a sharp knife, a bath tub, patience and lots of salt.
PM me your negative COVID-19 test results
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8151
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re:

Postby Lost Boy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:20 pm

el3so wrote:I originally started stocking up on tinned food, bullets, psychotropic medicine, booze, tools, spices and a waterchip as a joke for the executors of my last will.
snaark wrote: I didn't know hamsters eat so much tinned food.
Hamsters store food in their mouth pouches, same word in Dutch. Here's hoping they all forget to buy/acquire can openers.
snaark wrote: Apparently hamsters and preppers don't like lasagne.
You need two kinds of sauce and an oven to do lasagna justice, too much effort IMO in a pandemic dog-eats-dog type of scenario...

Me, I'll just stick to my plan of capturing a fat woman and wearing her skin as a disguise to lure my next bunch of meals. Only investments required are a bar of chocolate, a sharp knife, a bath tub, patience and lots of salt.


You forgot a very deep pre-dug hole, moisturizing lotion, a poodle puppy, and a bucket tied to a rope.
LIBERTAS ET PATRIA
User avatar
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:31 pm
Location: West of the Mississippi

Re: Outbreak...

Postby Lost Boy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:24 pm

One thing that distinguishes COVID-19 from the common cold or flu is the resilience of the virus on open surfaces. If someone with the flu sneezes into their hand and touches a door knob, the virus on the door knob is typically dead within a matter of hours, a couple of days at most. Coronavirus can last up to a full month, thus vastly multiplying the number of people that can be infected from a single event such as a careless hand sneeze.

I read the optimistic estimate is 15 million dead worldwide in a best case scenario. Worst case is upwards of 50 million dead from coronavirus.

I think I'll re-read Stephen King's The Stand.
LIBERTAS ET PATRIA
User avatar
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:31 pm
Location: West of the Mississippi

pret a porter vs designer sh!t

Postby el3so » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:33 pm

Media nowadays:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4m-lNi61Rk [/youtube]

Lost Boy wrote: You forgot...
Nah man, you must have misunderstood.
I just want to wear some morbidly obese person's skin as an extra layer of insulation and a crude disguise to lure other victims whereas Buffalo Bill starved at best chubby chicks to harvest choice cuts to create some dress symbolising his transition from male to female. Crazy horses guy used scissors, a mannequin and a sowing machine, I'm gonna have to make do with bolt cutters, duct tape and some tie-wraps.
PM me your negative COVID-19 test results
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8151
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re: Outbreak...

Postby Ozymandias » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:23 pm

ROB wrote:I always wash my hands and wear a facemask when I visit PBs.

Have a chat to Ozzymandias about PBs. I think a few people have ideas...


I'm game. Plenty of fun article ideas for 2020. Moved to Tunisia hoping it wasn't a DP, but then suicide bombing just outside my house last Friday...
User avatar
Ozymandias
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:07 pm
Location: Tunis, Tunisia

Re: Outbreak...

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:02 am

Lost Boy wrote:One thing that distinguishes COVID-19 from the common cold or flu is the resilience of the virus on open surfaces. If someone with the flu sneezes into their hand and touches a door knob, the virus on the door knob is typically dead within a matter of hours, a couple of days at most. Coronavirus can last up to a full month, thus vastly multiplying the number of people that can be infected from a single event such as a careless hand sneeze.

I read the optimistic estimate is 15 million dead worldwide in a best case scenario. Worst case is upwards of 50 million dead from coronavirus.

I think I'll re-read Stephen King's The Stand.


Ah, Captain Trips and Randall Flagg.
User avatar
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2933
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:18 am
Location: St. Catharines, ON, Canada

Re: Outbreak...

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:03 am

They're keeping the truth from us that the Covidders are going to reanimate as wights.
User avatar
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2933
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:18 am
Location: St. Catharines, ON, Canada

no corpse cart at dawn... yet

Postby el3so » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:36 am

El Pelon wrote:I do think I will pack an extra duffel bag full of surgical masks when I head to Asia next month, however. May be able to cover the cost of my ticket selling those puppies in the airports along the way.
Heh.
Gov interference increases over here, pretty much all gatherings etc called off/shut down. Belgium 13, France 14th, the Dutch I think this evening. No curfews.
Schools closed till Easter holidays, 3 weeks from now, then 2 weeks off. I could only dream about an opportunity like this as a kid, never got a single snow-day.

I ate a can of beans for dinner.
With sauteed bacon, shallots, 1/3 of a zucchini. In what is technically a tomato sauce. Stirred it into a big pot with pasta.
PM me your negative COVID-19 test results
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8151
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

no sand and only adults here

Postby el3so » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:45 am

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:
Lost Boy wrote: I think I'll re-read Stephen King's The Stand.
Ah, Captain Trips and Randall Flagg.

There was his short story set on a beach, teens waiting for it to kind of end.
PM me your negative COVID-19 test results
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8151
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re: no sand and only adults here

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:27 am

el3so wrote:
ReptilianKittenEater wrote:
Lost Boy wrote: I think I'll re-read Stephen King's The Stand.
Ah, Captain Trips and Randall Flagg.

There was his short story set on a beach, teens waiting for it to kind of end.


The Stand was totally enjoyable.
User avatar
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2933
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:18 am
Location: St. Catharines, ON, Canada

Re: Outbreak...

Postby 2 Charlie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:15 pm

AKTUNG AKTUNG. THIS IS RADIO CASA. BROADCASTING FROM THE WEST IBERIAN FREE ZONE

Tiesto Elements is playing and we are waiting for the anticipated announcement of Emergency Powers in my AO. Next door the Spaniards have ramped up their containment operations. They are using the the equivalent of a strainer to catch air. In the past 36 hours, hordes of Spanish caravans have appeared in the major centers of the Algarve and Baixo Alentejo disgorging their occupants like feral vermin from a tired opium barquentine. The numbers of infections are following the established norm and we are on track for a monumental impact. Will add updates as this develops.

RADIO CASA SIGNING OFF
"You can do it fast...you can do it cheap...you can do it right.....But you only get to pick two."
User avatar
2 Charlie
Snortus Guinness
 
Posts: 1182
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:20 pm
Location: Raskols Paradise

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests