How is lockdown working where you are?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re:

Postby snaark » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:43 am

el3so wrote:Midnight curfew (10PM Bxl) still in place, draconian measures re: gatherings in private let alone public still on. Christmas behind us and New Year without fireworks around the corner.

No fireworks here either. Probably a good thing. We are in "lockdown" too apparently, which means bars, restaurants and non-essential shops are closed but nothing else has changed. Social gatherings are supposed to be restricted but it doesn't seem to stop anyone. People are fed up and compliance is low. I keep thinking how oldtimers who were alive in Germany in 1945 must be telling each other that the younger generations are whining little bitches.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Re: How is lockdown working where you are?

Postby sparrow » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:24 am

Nothing outdoors so no fireworks. Restaurants, bars, and I'm sure almost everything, except groceries and alcohol, still closed. Can't imagine they'll survive after January 11 if it's extended. Curbside helping,
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby Ozymandias » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:59 am

Tunisia has extended the curfew until some time in March 2021, so whatever people have planned for NYE needs to be done by 8pm! Also, all public celebrations have been banned, but I imagine people may still have house parties etc. Not sure if there are specific rules in place about mixing households in a private residence...
Ozymandias
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:01 pm

NYC is at about 7% infection rate today. Thanksgiving moved us up to 5% and Xmas got us to 7% and New Years Eve should bring us to 9% if my simpleton math is correct.

We are building temp hospitals now and it is like everyone forgot April by claiming it is going to be an added expense (duh).

The weird thing is that if this was WWII no one would be claiming something like invading Normandy was too expensive. And this war means expenses save lives rather than cost them.

On a side note, Oregon had a bunch of anti-lockdown people storm the capital while armed. If a bunch of anti-war protesters stormed any state capital while armed in 2004 they would have been killed. Simple as that, just hunted down and killed for attacking government during the time of war.

I am not saying to kill anti-maskers or antilockdown people who protest, even those who protest somewhat aggressively while armed, but our attitude seems to be "oh my god we are surrounded by armed crazy people trying to take over a State Capital...whatever you do be sure to not hurt their feelings because that way we might not show sympathy with the "everyman" in the USA because this pandemic is really hard on them"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:46 pm

Welcome back.
Ozymandias wrote:Not sure if there are specific rules in place about mixing households in a private residence.
We do have those, 2 couples max. Hard to wrap one's head around it but vast majority of people complied.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby snaark » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:54 pm

el3so wrote:We do have those, 2 couples max. Hard to wrap one's head around it but vast majority of people complied.

What about all those Brussels sex parties?
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:35 pm

Infection rates rising and the slow and disorganized rollout of the vaccine I guess we can just count on the herds to kill us all. Ohio Gov Mike Dewine reports that 60% of nursing home staffs are refusing the vaxx. That’s fucking crazy town and it pisses me off.

Black people distrustful of the vaxx because of history behind medical experimentation on that population. Enough. Tuskegee was a bad thing. Got it. Move on. tell me how the polio vaccine and the measles vaccine worked for you and your children.

Trumpsters inventing their own lame ass reasons to oppose it because “we don’t know what’s in it”. Suddenly they’re microbiologists?

To hell with all of them. I can’t get that vaccine soon enough. Save me from that herd. They can die from Covid for all I care, at this point, so close to being on the right path in managing this pandemic while rubes throw monkey wrenches at it to forestall progress. The thing is, Covid doesn’t kill everyone, but the incapacitation is worrisome. Some people are saying that the only thing worse than having Covid is recovering from Covid, I.e. living with the realization that you’re gonna feel like shit for the rest of your life, that you’ll never fully recover. 30% of student athletes at Ohio State who caught Covid have permanent heart damage.

Pass a law that anyone who declines the Covid vaccine will be declined federally funded medical treatment when they catch Covid, and that includes treatment of ongoing & debilitating medical conditions as a result of Covid. There goes the population of Kentucky.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:23 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:Pass a law that anyone who declines the Covid vaccine will be declined federally funded medical treatment when they catch Covid, and that includes treatment of ongoing & debilitating medical conditions as a result of Covid. There goes the population of Kentucky.

IMHO anyone who hasn't been wearing a mask or social distancing should go to the back of the fucking line for vaccines. A lot of those people won't want to be vaccinated, and that's just fine with me, but there will be plenty of people who've been selfish cunts all year and will be trying to jump the cue.

But yeah, the long term symptoms scare the shit out of me too. This things fucks with your whole body - lung scaring, heart damage and neurological disorders, even in mild cases without respiratory symptoms.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:14 am

snaark wrote: people who've been selfish cunts all year and will be trying to jump the cue.
Can't blame the scorpion for doing scorpion things...

They are fücking up the vaccination schedule over here already, year just started. But magic numbers get bandied about, old folks homes all done by February, after them the medical people, immunocompromised said to get the jab in May. Sure. Average assholes like me, it'll probably be 2022.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:53 am

I think you're an exceptional asshole.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:24 am

Happy New Year to you too ROB.
snaark wrote:What about all those Brussels sex parties?
What about them? Cops got called on account of the indoor gathering regulations.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:58 am

Since Saturday 3 days ago, curfew from 8:30 PM in the Netherlands, neighbour to the North. Some small riots, lots of pearl clutching. They have elections coming up, my bet is on Rutte getting comfortably re-elected.

Talk from the local clowns about re-closing schools, English variant and vaccine numbers. Not like they had any of the regular government stuff like a budget or forming a majority sorted before all of this started, federals are in some post-modern war-time coalition, lots of overlap in decision making, too many cooks etc.

While I also yearn for casual sex and being drunk in public, can't help but laugh.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:36 am

el3so wrote:While I also yearn for casual sex and being drunk in public

Always figured you had the beat scene committed to memory.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:22 am

ROB wrote: beat scene
Must be a cuck thing. I'm more of a whatchamacallit scavenger in the war of the sexes, feeding off of divorcees, those stuck in sexless marriages, cat ladies, the odd sex-worker.
Most of the people I know that do have significant others (i.e. everyone else) are admitting to slowly being driven crazy. Call me paranoid but think part of the reasoning behind keeping schools open is domestic violence. The impact of social media is another issue, all the USA BS seems to get copy-pasted plus the homebrew stuff.

Can't complain.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ROB » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:36 am

Now you sailors know where your women come for love.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe