How is lockdown working where you are?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

nice to be nice

Postby el3so » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:04 pm

MJK wrote: to be polite to everyone
Chin up MJK!
If we all agreed on everything all the time, we might as well quit.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: How is lockdown working where you are?

Postby ROB » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:46 am

MJK wrote:Well ROB, I think that I stated that I didn't give any consideration to the theories presented, only to the statements the article claimed were made by Fauci and the technical head of the government's Covid team. You and others piped in with "Oh no he didn't", perhaps you could direct me to the original quotes or statements that refute what the ZH article said. I'm open to new sources of information. I'm surprised I have to point that out to you or are you saying you're a fucking dipshit that can't read my posts? Color me unsurprised.

You couldn't write, you apparently have difficulty reading and you are filled with bitterness and bile and vent it here in simplistic attacks. What's that like?

The thing is it takes about 30 seconds on Google to find DIRECT quotes about what he did and didn’t say. But that was too much of a stretch for you. This is not the only example of your inability to actually process information or apply healthy skepticism. Hence I, and others, relegate you to the house of dipshittery.

Enjoy your stay. I think it will be a long one.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:53 am

I think we are all wrong, and should just follow every single word from the retarded Swede teen.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:38 am

Kurt- While I do not particularly agree those news sources consistently thanks for your belated candor on the subject. Still wondering why you would vote for Biden knowing they are gonna Article 25 his ass and still not giving a shit who he runs with but OK. Sounds like a logic problem but if you wish to view it as a "We'll cross that bridge.." kind of issue, so be it.

Mr. el3so-Always a pleasure to interface with those who come at stuff from an initially objective angle. I'll always take a second look if you push back against me.

Snaark- While I view all MSM sources with an jaundiced eye thank you for giving more depth to where you are coming from. I invite you to examine New Eastern Outlook and Voltairenet as alternative news sources, although Voltairenet only update about once a week.

ROB-...because Google is such an objective source, right? I wanted to know where Kurt got his info and it is sad that you could not parse that. I am crushed that you and the turd in your pocket had to take time out from your busy day to relegate my sorry ass to anywhere at all. Since you are apparently my biggest fan and never miss a chance to interact with me I feel a responsibility to set an example for you on how effective written communication is done. You can signal your approval for this arrangement by responding in any fashion to every fucking post I make. Four sentences in your last post and while it is the same old attack scenario, I finished reading it. Good work! You win Most Improved Poster for today.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:42 am

MJK wrote:ROB-...because Google is such an objective source, right?

It’s not a source at all you epically half witted fuck stick. It is a search engine. A tool to find sources. (Many of which repeatedly quote Fauci’s ACTUAL words so you can even compare them against each other).

At this point, I am starting to think I need to be teaching fucking kindergarten to you.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:07 am

MJK wrote:Snaark- While I view all MSM sources with an jaundiced eye thank you for giving more depth to where you are coming from. I invite you to examine New Eastern Outlook and Voltairenet as alternative news sources, although Voltairenet only update about once a week.

It must be hard living with your level of paranoia.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:03 pm

snaark wrote:It must be hard living with your level of paranoia.

He mistakes it for intellect.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:37 pm

MJK wrote:Kurt- While I do not particularly agree those news sources consistently thanks for your belated candor on the subject. Still wondering why you would vote for Biden knowing they are gonna Article 25 his ass and still not giving a shit who he runs with but OK. Sounds like a logic problem but if you wish to view it as a "We'll cross that bridge.." kind of issue, so be it.

Funny story about Article 25:

When I was in school in Iowa one of my classmates was the daughter of Reagans brain surgeon. It was a small school and before the days of search engines we just had to go by what people told us.

Anyway, one day shortly after classes started she returned from a weekend with her parents in Rochester Minnesota. Her father had a bit of wine at the dinner table and started talking about how he met with George Bush, George Shultz and Nancy Reagan in 1988 shortly after Bush won against Dukakis but before Reagans term was up. He was giving them his assessment of Reagans progression of Alzheimers which he had diagnosed shortly after the 1984 debate with Walter Mondale. His assessment was that as long as he is kept away from the bomb that he could continue his term. So he settled into the comfortable life a lame duck and chopped firewood at his ranch.

In the fall of 1989 when she told us about this he had just had brain surgery performed by her father. Apparently he was shocked at how degenerated his brain was but he could still smile, make small talk (usually just repeated what was said to him) and was all around pleasant, when talking to people. Without anyone near by to chat with or wood to chop he would wander about aimlessly and ramble, had a really hard time sleeping and generally was in really bad shape. We, in college era gossip were told to expect an announcement before Christmas of his alzheimers but that announcement was not made until after the 1992 Democratic convention.

My point with this is that Reagan had experienced Washington players protecting himself and our country from his dotage. Biden has been in Washington since 1976, Obama picked him because he was an idiot who believed he needed a Boll Weevil Democrat to assure the rest of the establishment that he was not an uppity negro. If Biden is senile at levels that Reagan was while president, no one is gonna let him do shit.

You have the center-right democrats and the Never-Trump republicans, old establishment people backing him. If he is senile they will be able to hide it.

I am not enthused about Biden at all. But I will vote for him, but any contradictions to values I have will be mine to bear. I am aware of them as they are numerous.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby MJK » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:48 pm

Not sure how Mr. Snaark equates my recommending news sources with paranoia but I did find actual footage of he and ROB interacting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAgfPHP1w0I

ROB, I see you accepted my offer of tutelage. Excellent; let me begin by repeating the last lesson. Your attempts to make lengthier posts is commendable but you are still repeating yourself. You are also apparently still struggling with reading comprehension. Pointing out what Google is or isn't ignores the fact that its algos are totally slanted and biased. I guess I need to repeat that I wanted to know Kurt's sources. Isn't Google a list of sources rather than a source itself? You ARE a source of learning though as every day in the class you signed up for by faithfully interacting with me I become more aware of the extent of your learning disabilities. Everyone is a winner ROB; even you and your friend Chester, er I mean Snaark. Looking forward to advancing both of your educations as you respond to my every post in classic Pavlovian fashion. Your homework is to hump each other's legs with the same frantic abandon you bring to humping mine. Class dismissed until this time tomorrow.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:24 pm

Every time you get called out as a fool, you just double down.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:03 am

Every time I ring the bell, you slobber and bark. Try to cut back on the barking.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby babihutan » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:05 pm

el3so wrote:
MJK wrote: to be polite to everyone
Chin up MJK!
If we all agreed on everything all the time, we might as well quit.

Though I don’t personally subscribe to too many conspiracies, I gotta say MJK is a strong candidate for poster of the year!
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:29 am

MJK wrote:Every time I ring the bell, you slobber and bark. Try to cut back on the barking.

This is a discussion forum. The whole point is to discuss and reply. Calling people out for doing the thing that the forum is actually designed for makes you a tool.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:20 am

Well ROB I guess the real issue is your mistaking what you have been doing here over the last few years for discussion, rather than the weakass ad hominem one liner, name calling attack routine that it really is. MJK is a fool, MJK is a tool, MJK smears his walls with stool; I shudder to think of the trauma that left your perception so damaged as to think that is discussion. You could use the Ignore function yet you prefer to resort to your own personal Boor function. I realize however that I share some responsibility here in what you have become. Just as you have come to crave the lash of my wit, I have come to relish applying it and that is not right. I forgive you ROB and I hope you can forgive me....now let's hug it out, right here in front of God and everybody. C'mere, big guy......

babihutan- That was awfully nice of you to say but there are folks who stop by the Flag that bring out the best in everyone here and that ain't me. You would have loved this place back in the late '90's...this was the first bulletin board I ever posted at and it was a flipping riot of characters. Pelton was here every day, it was largely unmoderated and 95% travel, 5% politics and confrontations lasted like 30 seconds before being swept away by debates on whether Larium was making people crazy or how to sneak into Burma. Over the years, the board, like the world and the people living in it became a more cool, distant and different place as entropy and evolution have their way with it. Your post asking about travel to the States reminded me of what it used to be like here. I guess I am carrying on the tradition of old men telling the world how much better the past was than the present they don't recognize or the future they won't live to see. But thanks for that little slice of how it was back in the day.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:12 pm

First part of the country is starting with kind of a curfew over here. Big Islamic holiday in a couple of days, middle of the summer holidays. Still feels like the gov is playing catch-up but by now medical world had some time to prep.
Bronco wrote:I live in a small town, pop 250 up in the Cascade Mountains of Oregon.
Sounds nice.

Bet you a dollar half the politicians in the world envy that NZ leader, coasting on her "low pop isle, stuck in the middle of nowhere" perk.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe