How is lockdown working where you are?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: How is lockdown working where you are?

Postby babihutan » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:32 pm

el3so wrote:
ROB wrote: beat scene
Must be a cuck thing. I'm more of a whatchamacallit scavenger in the war of the sexes, feeding off of divorcees, those stuck in sexless marriages, cat ladies, the odd sex-worker.
Most of the people I know that do have significant others (i.e. everyone else) are admitting to slowly being driven crazy. Call me paranoid but think part of the reasoning behind keeping schools open is domestic violence. The impact of social media is another issue, all the USA BS seems to get copy-pasted plus the homebrew stuff.

Can't complain.

The true test of one’s marriage.....being locked down together during Covid. My neighbour is lucky he has a work shop in the backyard, the dude is there workin on stuff till past midnight.....I swear he wakes up there too each morning. If it weren’t for this outlet, I’m sure there would be bodies coming out of that house any day.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby dogtanian » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:59 am

Vancouver. Pretty chill.
Gyms open, restaurants open, mountian resorts open.
"Truth is cool; but unattainable..."
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus

Location: Amsterdam - Douala - HCMC - Singapore - Wellington - Whistler

Postby el3so » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:25 am

Dog pounds are pretty much empty. Apparently for companionship, not free protein.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby svizzerams » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:05 am

Greetings BFC from the front lines.

Since I live a naturally socially distanced life in a very rural area & being a healthcare provider, my Covid experience has been almost like normal life. Except for the mask. Now a mask is a fashion accessory or a political statement, if you are sporting one that says "Fuck Inslee". But at least they are wearing one. Sometimes living in Rightwingastan is a trial & tribulation.

I'm in charge of the Covid drugs & vaccine in my community. That has been a trip. I've had the full Moderna two dose series now. Pro-Tip: the 2nd booster may kinda kick your butt for about 6-8 hrs, but it beats feeling like that way for 6-8 weeks, a stint on ventilator, permanent damage from inflammation of heart or lungs or being dead. Our biggest issue with the vaccine is 1) getting it 2) man-power to administer it 3) managing the ever moving target of documenting every dose to an ever increasing number of entities. Our EMS department is coordinating mass vaccinations using our local fire hall as a drive through.

I'm grateful. I haven't had my life turned upside down. I still remember way back on March 5 when my daughter texted me from Seattle, that she'd been sent home for a 'dystopian snow-day'. She's been working from home ever since.

2021 is looking up, despite that little dust-up at the capitol, but really, Fuck 2020.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby Kurt » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:18 am

Apparently the places with their vaccine "shit together" are Israel and West Virginia.

Israel has problems like Brooklyn and London: Anti-Masker Hassidim Vs. Pro-Mask Hassidim producing conflicting Rabbinical declarations so people decide "fuck it, lets pretend everything as it was before" but they are doing much better while facing more resistance. Good for them.

Pretty cool West Virginia has their shit together too. I did not expect that but I am pleasantly surprised.

Welcome back Svizz!
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rickshaw92 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:51 am

Hi Svizz!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby svizzerams » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:11 pm

Hi guys!!! Nice to catch up with you all.
Joan of Arc went to battle with nothing
but the voices in her head
and a well-sharpened sword ~ Charlotte

...those without swords can still die upon them...

Illegitami non carborundum est
svizzerams
Rx Rangerette

Postby Kurt » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:17 pm

The USA has now hit a death rate of 1 death per 704 residents.

Cuomo is being raked over the coals now for his stupid nursing home policy. Still, it is not nearly as fatal as DeSantis, Noem or Reynolds policies (or lack of) on COVID-19 but facts are facts and he should resign (so should Noem, DeSantis, and Reynolds...Noem's biker rally might have kicked off the nationwide spike in the fall).

Things are looking up in Israel and their vaccination program. 94% drop in medium to serious COVID-19 symptoms.

New Zealand has had 3 new cased and locked down Auckland (I think Auckland) because that kind of shit works.

Anyone still think this is the same death rate as a flu? If they do I am guessing it is not being said too loud.

Now in the US with places that have had staggering infection rates plus no State COVID-19 plan are talking about their low infection rate and how it dropped. But apparently the infection rate was so high that those who did not die now have a 3 to 5 month window of immunity in which to brag about their lack of a plan working.

My wife and I took a vacation to Chinatown in Queens since that is the the only place we can really travel and not have to quarantine on arrival or quarantine upon return. We ate Sichuan food and drank Baijiu in a hotel. Not bad but I would have preferred a trip to Chengdu.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:53 am

Kurt wrote: facts are facts
Sounds like something a cultural marxist would say ;-)
Still little to no politicization of the pandemic over here, doesn't mean mistakes aren't made.

Anti-vaxxers are starting to come out of the woodwork.
More proof about the effects of echo chambers on social media. We live in a society with freedom of speech so I guess we should at least pretend to listen to the ramblings of those that think ignorance, superstition and quackery have anything to offer in a pandemic in the 21st century *deep sigh*
At this rate, we'll never have those rocket cars, still keeping my hopes up for the sex clones.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:05 am

Yep.

I got no problem with pandemic mistakes. Cuomo is competent but my problem with him is the cover-up part.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:12 pm

Kurt wrote:the cover-up part.
Funny how people still believe that actually still works. Better to bet on nowadays media consumers' lack of attention span.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Darcy » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:24 pm

I live in Nova Scotia, which is pretty much lighthouses, fishing villages and pickups. We had one new case today and it was all over the news. Super conservative. Yeah, we can go about our business locally, but you can't get back into the province if you leave without a mandatory 14 day quarantine. Even if you enter the country via Toronto and do a test AND the 14 day mandated quarantine, you'd have to do it all over again once back to our conservative province. Fine if you never have to leave, which is the majority. I threw some pretty high-end DOD paperwork at them when I recently flew back from Djibouti and was able to forego the daily RCMP visits to assure I'm quarantining (can't leave your yard) as per our super conservative provincial medical advisor (lives right around the corner from me actually). So I can hunt rabbits and ice fish and go to Canadian Tire, but you need to be essential services to cross the border. Silliness.
Darcy
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ozymandias » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:29 am

They have just upgraded the restrictions here in Tunisia, due to all the new covid-19 variants flying around the world:

- Our curfew remains 8pm to 5am seven days per week
- Travel between governorates is only allowed for work purposes, seeking medical treatment etc.
- Anyone wishing to enter Tunisia now has to take a PCR test less than 72 hours before travel and show evidence of the negative test result + self-isolate at a government-approved hotel for 14 days (at your own expense)

If you pay for a PCR test on day 7 in the hotel, and it comes back negative, you can leave, although you've already paid a non-refundable 14 days of hotel stay so you won't get your money back!

Life here in Tunisia feels pretty normal apart from the curfew. Restaurants and bars are still open (at very reduced capacity) and most people in the capital are wearing masks in public. Head south from here though and it's as if covid-19 doesn't exist. Almost no masks on display apart from in the bigger urban centers.
Ozymandias
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:55 am

EU is floating a vaccine/antibody/negative test passport concept. Anti-vaxx crowd be damned, probably the only way PIGS will survive another holiday season.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:08 am

Darcy wrote: So I can hunt rabbits and ice fish and go to Canadian Tire, but you need to be essential services to cross the border. Silliness.
The thing about rules and regulations is you have to keep the bottom half of the IQ curve in mind. Window for gentleman's agreements is closing down.

This whole situation is making me stray from the "all equal" idea and more towards the "let's round up all the retards and kill them off, then afterwards fully embrace the liberty, equality and solidarity" concept. Pretty sure there are plenty of coloured folk or transgenders and what not that I could find common ground with as opposed to a whole bunch of fellow tax-paying christian cis-gendered white people refusing to wear a mask, get a vaccine or behave as responsible adults.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe