COVID-19

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: A grim statistic

Postby Lost Boy » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:39 pm

Bronco wrote:https://datawrapper.dwcdn.net/bDf0T/15/
The US is on the top of the Corona Virus chart. We're #1 !
That's what 'strong leadership' has done for us. USA! USA! USA!

If you thing China is honestly reporting their data to the world, you have completely lost your freaking mind. There is a lot of compelling data to suggest there have been at least 46,000 actual COVID-19 deaths in the Hubei province alone, to say nothing of the rest of China. Of course, having no first Amendment or freedom in the press makes squashing the truth barely an inconvenience for the Chinese Communist Party. That's what 'strong leadership' has done for them. China! China! China!

Oh yeah, they also started this whole mess in the first place, because they covered up the seriousness of the data in order to ensure the rest of the world got sick and they didn't have to suffer alone.

Most stupid people are stupid because they are young and inexperienced. What's your excuse, Bronco?
"If a principle exists it must be immutable, for that is what a principle is - a truth standing apart from the mood of the times." - Jeff Cooper
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus

Re: COVID-19

Postby Bronco » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:07 am

Hey, I didn't make up the chart. I don't think the total counts are fixed at one point anyway. By the time the various governments get their counts straight they've changed anyway. My point is that by not starting to do something back in January we're going to have a pretty large number of deaths before it is over. I think both the US and China will have additional deaths. The big differences will be based on who supplies the best medical gear, in adequate quantities, the fastest. Meanwhile, back in Washington we have people who care more about how much money it's going to cost rather than how many people will die.
"I used to care, but things have changed"
Bob Dylan
Bronco
Old Man On The Mountain

Postby babihutan » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:03 pm

For some reason, this virus got my attention back in middish January and I’ve been kinda surprised with the lack of prep and travel restrictions in most countries, as if by some miracle this shit was gonna stay confined to Wuhan.

Do I trust govt numbers? No. Do I think this virus is a conspiracy? Who the hell knows. But it’s here now and my thought from the beginning wasn’t so much on my own personal safety, but rather the health system as a whole with sheer overwhelming numbers literally destroying the system.

I don’t feel it unreasonable to shut certain sectors down temporarily for the sake of keeping the numbers of sick at a manageable rate. As long as we can do that, which hopefully allows most businesses to operate safely (in an adapted way), then we just ride this shit out for however many months it takes. This affects everyone, and I feel a short term sacrifice in our personal liberties when it comes to distancing shouldn’t be politicized as everything seems to be lately. Just my humble opinion which everyone is entitled to.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:59 pm

For years II have had a side business of selling Chinese Modern Coins, Pandas, ect. If the Chinese government will lie about the number of coins that have been minted in a year, they will lie about the number of people that have died along with everything else related to Covid-19.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:34 am

China has 4x the pop of the US yet only about 1/10 of the population. Their numbers look mighty undercounted.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby sparrow » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:45 pm

ReptilianKittenEater wrote:China has 4x the pop of the US yet only about 1/10 of the population. Their numbers look mighty undercounted.

What?

Anyways, current numbers suggest that the opening up plan probably isn't a good idea.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Also, Las Vegas mayor is an idiot. Looks great for 81 though.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/politics ... index.html
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby MJK » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:36 am

I'm sure I just heard something on the radio about 'turd immunity'. I urge all here to #EatShitAndDon'tDie...

Cut back on the soy, aspartame and fluoride, people. This is a psyop by the Phoenician Navy.

Meanwhile, millions of chickens and hundreds of thousands of hogs are being euthanized due to Smithfield, Tyson and JBS shutting down meat processing. Add to that the loss of fully 70% of China's hogs; China is where ALL heparin comes from; it is made from pig intestines. Heparin was in short supply before the shutdown and is a critical med for any and all cardiac surgeries. The USDA is still counting as in inventory a million or so bushels of corn that are rotting in the fields unharvested from last year and now feeding a Biblical plague quantity of rats and mice. Nobody is planting anything. Walmart in several locations refused to sell seeds as they weren't 'essential'. Dairy farmers are pouring out over a million gallons a day. Hundreds of tons of produce are still being thrown away every day due to manpower/transportation shortfalls. Major exporters of grain like Russia are holding back inventory and future harvests for their own use. Americans aren't going to have to watch the news anymore to learn about hunger.

The national GDP has shrunk by over 30%. If someone waves a magic wand and growth soon resumes at a pie in the sky 5% it will take 6-7 YEARS to get back to where we were last June.

But if it saves one life, it's all worth it........hahahahahahahahaha....
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:25 am

"We're wasting huge amounts of food." - MJK

"We're all going to starve!" - Also MJK
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:07 am

"ROB is a KNOB." MJK yet again
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:05 pm

Meat processing....The places where this is done are having COVID-19 outbreaks in their plants and so obviously no one wants to show up for a shit job for shit pay in order to die later or bring home a virus and kill grandma so they stopped showing up for work.

Some folks blame the shutdown but most of the processing places are in states with really stupid governors like Iowa and South Dakota, the lack of a shutdown combined with shitty pay used to fund shitty lives in what is being quickly turned into a shitty country (the Shitty country Jenga peg was always there in the US). So we now have the classic famine scenario. Too much food in places so they dispose of it and a lack of certain food in NYC (especially if you are poor). Famine is always about distribution being interrupted.

After this passes in NYC and stores open, they will likely open to bare shelves and a federal government that actively wants to punish states with Democratic governors.

All because of dumb governors and thinking cheap labor is beneficial.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby MJK » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:06 pm

A significant amount of the upcoming food shortages is due to last year's late spring/wet/flooding/drought/early snows. The current shitshow is going to add quite a bit of misery to the mix. Ethanol production has pretty much stopped and CO2 is a byproduct of that process. Many municipalities are going to have trouble treating drinking water without CO2, and beer and carbonated drinks will also be affected.

Whether or not you believe that the Virus Boogieman awaits those who do not continue to cower in place we are all going to hurt if somebody doesn't get busy farming and transporting food. Let the fearful and MSM-informed hide out and let those with courage get back to it. Lockdowns are for prisoners and quarantines are for the sick and the weak. Herd immunity is the only recourse for respiratory illness. That and relocating every Level IV lab to Washington DC. Otherwise this shit will become the new normal, replacing phony terrorism as the means of further restricting freedoms and siphoning off the wealth of the world.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:29 pm

MJK wrote:Ethanol production has pretty much stopped.
You shouldn't make jokes about this man!
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby MJK » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:39 am

I go too far sometimes..I should never have stopped attending those Ethanol-Anon meetings.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:17 am

ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:37 pm

Considering in NYC now if you walk by the wrong U-Haul truck you may just step in a puddle of corpse juice.

So yah, I am cowering in place. My goal is to delay becoming corpse juice as long as possible.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe