COVID-19

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: COVID-19

Postby Kurt » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:52 pm

MJK wrote:A significant amount of the upcoming food shortages is due to last year's late spring/wet/flooding/drought/early snows. The current shitshow is going to add quite a bit of misery to the mix. Ethanol production has pretty much stopped and CO2 is a byproduct of that process. Many municipalities are going to have trouble treating drinking water without CO2, and beer and carbonated drinks will also be affected.

Whether or not you believe that the Virus Boogieman awaits those who do not continue to cower in place we are all going to hurt if somebody doesn't get busy farming and transporting food. Let the fearful and MSM-informed hide out and let those with courage get back to it. Lockdowns are for prisoners and quarantines are for the sick and the weak. Herd immunity is the only recourse for respiratory illness. That and relocating every Level IV lab to Washington DC. Otherwise this shit will become the new normal, replacing phony terrorism as the means of further restricting freedoms and siphoning off the wealth of the world.

500k dead. Food prices still higher than pre-covid but have gone down since April. No shortage of Heparin, No shortage of Co2.

I suspect we will be told this did not really happen.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:13 am

Kurt wrote: I suspect we will be told this did not really happen.
Freedom of speech I guess.

I make very little room for dissent IRL but FWIW I never believed there was any willful ignorance, spite or ill will involved in MJKs differing opinions. Plus he doesn't copy-paste opinion pieces or attempts at poetry. Both of those are pluses on this here barren as is board ;-)
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:59 pm

Curfew still in place, midnight until morning (not an early riser myself), face-masks situation and the max number of non-household contacts still same. Vaccination start-stopping as expected. Numbers going up again supposedly due to new mutations. One thing did change in 2021, I wear my formal bathrobes while working from home.

Starting to doubt it'll be back to normal in September. Contrary to popular belief, being vaccinated doesn't give you a faster internet connection.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe