That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Re:

Postby el3so » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:20 pm

Kurt wrote:My rule is to never follow someone who makes their money by being followed.
I just hate fads and can't but feel sorry for the marks that continue to get reeled in by anyone peddling easy solutions.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby ROB » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:27 pm

el3so wrote:I do not have a dog in this fight, people writing self-help books are shills regardless of what they actually pretend to say, but labeling someone as having genuine psychological issues should be left to the medical professionals and should IMO be covered by the same patient-doctor confidentiality we are all entitled to.

Getting upset and vehemently disagreeing with people is all part of the freedom of speech thing. Having to face financial repercussions due to it being a free market ("cancel culture"), I would mostly agree on.

Hmm, if you pursue a public life then you accept a public life. Probably gets taken too far a bit, but in general, I don't have huge sympathy.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: Re:

Postby el3so » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:31 pm

ROB wrote:
el3so wrote:I do not have a dog in this fight, people writing self-help books are shills regardless of what they actually pretend to say, but labeling someone as having genuine psychological issues should be left to the medical professionals and should IMO be covered by the same patient-doctor confidentiality we are all entitled to.

Getting upset and vehemently disagreeing with people is all part of the freedom of speech thing. Having to face financial repercussions due to it being a free market ("cancel culture"), I would mostly agree on.

Hmm, if you pursue a public life then you accept a public life. Probably gets taken too far a bit, but in general, I don't have huge sympathy.
IMO he should die a slow painful death for the accent alone but any health issues should be between his GP and himself. Even if he were to disclose them, they shouldn't be used as an insult.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re: That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

Postby ROB » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:23 am

I don't disagree on that count.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe