That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

do you want some candy?

Postby el3so » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:27 pm

dogtanian wrote: People should talk about their weaknesses, and seek help from others when necessary.
100% agreed, take care of yourself man, don't let assholes from kangaroo-land or whatever bring you down or tell you otherwise.
Not sure if an internet message-board with a laughing skull logo is the place/time to open up about "weakness" or seek help. Or ask for relationship advice for that matter.
Satan embraces sin, but not that sin. He has a wife, you know.
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8434
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re: do you want some candy?

Postby dogtanian » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:49 am

el3so wrote:
dogtanian wrote: People should talk about their weaknesses, and seek help from others when necessary.
Not sure if an internet message-board with a laughing skull logo is the place/time to open up about "weakness" or seek help. Or ask for relationship advice for that matter.


Yeah - that would be like marinating a Chateaubriand in formaldehyde.

I haven’t visited this forum for so long, I actually forgot who most people are... I guess Rob’s the witless insecure one... the guy who arrives at the hotel bar and starts telling everyone how much better his is than everyone else... necessities a coordinated plan in order to ensure he doesn’t find out where people are meeting up later.

Cheers,

Tris
"Truth is cool; but unattainable..."
User avatar
dogtanian
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Amsterdam - Douala - HCMC - Singapore - Wellington - Whistler

Re: do you want some candy?

Postby ROB » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:49 am

dogtanian wrote:I haven’t visited this forum for so long, I actually forgot who most people are... I guess Rob’s the witless insecure one... the guy who arrives at the hotel bar and starts telling everyone how much better his is than everyone else... necessities a coordinated plan in order to ensure he doesn’t find out where people are meeting up later.


That's it! Quick, switch to my inherent insecurities before people think you're even more of a cliche than they already do.
User avatar
ROB
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5669
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:49 am

Postby el3so » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:23 pm

Grifty McGrift has caught the corona.
ROB wrote: before people think you're even more of a cliche than they already do.

Dunno man, always figured young dudes in international financing were knee-deep in hookers and blow, not paying attention to what some limp-dick headshrinker hawks.
Satan embraces sin, but not that sin. He has a wife, you know.
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8434
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re: That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

Postby Kurt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:27 pm

Is his daughter curing COVID-19 with beef and Russia?
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 20495
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

Postby Kurt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:39 pm

He caught it in Serbia....getting treatment.

I remember Serbia as having a decent medical infrastructure, not the "Come On Over to Crazy Vaclav's Drug Rehabilitation? Russia put you in Coma? Canada is pussy? Come to Serbia because.....Is SERBIA!"

Now we hear from patient who is alive:

"When I first came to Crazy Vaclav's I was dependent on drugs that I took but I was not an addict. I just could not live without drugs. Crazy Vaclav's Team of people in white coats who looked like Doctors cured me...or something."

Mask? Mask? Only surgeon need for to wear mask. No surgeon at Crazy Vaclav's! Come for drugs or for drug treatment. Is all good"
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 20495
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Postby el3so » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:54 pm

Kurt wrote:Is his daughter curing COVID-19 with beef and Russia?
Just read a headline, I'll start pretending to care about rich white guys when they pay me.
Satan embraces sin, but not that sin. He has a wife, you know.
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8434
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re: That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

Postby jstalin » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:40 am

dogtanian wrote:
Kurt wrote:Seems like he was pretty much just a pill eating druggie huh?


Not quite. He was taking benzos for severe depression caused by a genetic autoimmune disorder. Many members of his family suffer from the same affliction.


Fuck this guy he deserves to be depressed him and his incel following should be burned alive for injecting so much toxic masculinity into the atmosphere. Time 2 cancel this cunt
people b4 profit
jstalin
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:44 pm

Re: That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

Postby Tarkan » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:23 pm

jstalin wrote:
dogtanian wrote:
Kurt wrote:Seems like he was pretty much just a pill eating druggie huh?


Not quite. He was taking benzos for severe depression caused by a genetic autoimmune disorder. Many members of his family suffer from the same affliction.


Fuck this guy he deserves to be depressed him and his incel following should be burned alive for injecting so much toxic masculinity into the atmosphere. Time 2 cancel this cunt


Show us on the doll where Jordan Peterson touched you.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
User avatar
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5536
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:57 am
Location: Texas

Re: That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

Postby ROB » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:27 am

Tarkan wrote:
jstalin wrote:
dogtanian wrote:
Kurt wrote:Seems like he was pretty much just a pill eating druggie huh?


Not quite. He was taking benzos for severe depression caused by a genetic autoimmune disorder. Many members of his family suffer from the same affliction.


Fuck this guy he deserves to be depressed him and his incel following should be burned alive for injecting so much toxic masculinity into the atmosphere. Time 2 cancel this cunt


Show us on the doll where Jordan Peterson touched you.


Sure as shit wasn’t on his dick.
User avatar
ROB
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5669
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:49 am

Re: That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

Postby Kurt » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:53 pm

Now he is back.

Sort of.

I think one part that is missing from his explanations of what went wrong is he is schizophrenic.

He was diagnosed with it. He still exhibits symptoms like having a sense of doom, feeling like nothing is real and being unable to sleep due to anxiety and diskinesia.

Apparently his advice of men facing problems is not to stand straight, square your jaw, clean your room and deal with it but rather have your non medicinally trained daughter take charge of your treatment, fly you to Russia, induce a coma for 8 days and when you pop back from a 8 day long propofol coma as a mush head and suffering from PrIS (Propofol Infusion Syndrome) you then fly to Florida and when you de-mush your head your schizophrenia symptoms return and your family ships you off to Serbia for treatment in the "Best Clinic in the world" and then your whole family catches COVID-19.

But the problem with society today is still the feminization of men. .... somehow.

I think it will soon be apparent that taking a drug addicted mentally ill person and dressing them in a suit and vest and prop them up in a wing chair and having them expound on natural hierarchies, lobsters and serotonin levels was not the best person to use as a guide in your life.

It sounds like he should be treated for the condition doctors diagnosed him as having, Schizophrenia, instead of treating him for conditions his daughter has read about.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 20495
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

Postby Ozymandias » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:58 am

I have no comment on the wisdom of the Peterson family's choices with regards to treating his various health conditions. However....

It seems that Jordan Peterson himself disputes this claim that he is schizophrenic. The claim was made in a Sunday Times interview piece on 30 January 2021 (which is annoyingly behind a paywall): https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jordan-peterson-depression-drug-dependency-daughter-mikhaila-rehab-russia-0xtz2ph32

If you listen to the three hour raw interview audio, he and his family actually said he was misdiagnosed with schizophrenia, and they disagree with the diagnosis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd2wKn6-X_A

If you cannot be bothered with that, here's an article that highlights what Peterson and his daughter actually said, and how the Sunday Times misrepresented it: https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-media-falsely-accuses-jordan-peterson-of-having-schizophrenia
User avatar
Ozymandias
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:07 pm
Location: Tunis, Tunisia

Re: That Jordan Peterson guy: A Gloat.

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:35 pm

I read the Times article since I often blow 75 cents to get it downloaded to my kindle.

I have also worked with schizophrenics as a social worker (but that was 25 years ago so take my experience in the field accordingly) and though getting schizophrenia is most common between 15 and 27 it is possible to develop it later in life just as it is possible to get alzheimers as young as 30.

Having worked with schizophrenics in a variety of ranges of severity i can tell one symptom that Peterson has is he rambles. A 3+ hour refutation of schizophrenic diagnosis is a classic schizophrenic thing. The other one is he has a handler.

Every schizophrenic has a handler. It might be a relative, a social worker, a friend or whomever but they have one.

Without a handler even the "high functioning" ones will have a breakdown.

I do believe Peterson is high functioning but he has probably had a "handler" for years and not even known it. Guessing his parents passed off handler duties to his wife and then she got sick and that was the breakdown.

Undiagnosed schizo, handler gone, then the breakdown happened.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 20495
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Postby el3so » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:10 pm

I do not have a dog in this fight, people writing self-help books are shills regardless of what they actually pretend to say, but labeling someone as having genuine psychological issues should be left to the medical professionals and should IMO be covered by the same patient-doctor confidentiality we are all entitled to.

Getting upset and vehemently disagreeing with people is all part of the freedom of speech thing. Having to face financial repercussions due to it being a free market ("cancel culture"), I would mostly agree on.
Satan embraces sin, but not that sin. He has a wife, you know.
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8434
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re:

Postby Kurt » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:12 pm

el3so wrote:I do not have a dog in this fight, people writing self-help books are shills regardless of what they actually pretend to say, but labeling someone as having genuine psychological issues should be left to the medical professionals and should IMO be covered by the same patient-doctor confidentiality we are all entitled to.

Getting upset and vehemently disagreeing with people is all part of the freedom of speech thing. Having to face financial repercussions due to it being a free market ("cancel culture"), I would mostly agree on.


My rule is to never follow someone who makes their money by being followed.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 20495
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests