Venezuela situation

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Venezuela situation

Postby Devlin » Tue May 05, 2020 7:00 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on those two ex special ed forces guys that got grabbed in Venezuela ?

https://news.yahoo.com/venezuela-detain ... 09473.html
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Re: Venezuela situation

Postby MJK » Wed May 06, 2020 6:23 am

Just two guys? Sounds like a bad remake of The Man Who Would Be King. I bet the food in Venezuelan prisons leaves a lot to be desired right now.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Wed May 06, 2020 5:02 pm

2 out of 300 or so. Not sure if it's a false flag thing, sheer incompetence or (it being Venezuela) a little bit of both.
PM me your negative COVID-19 test results
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby RYP » Thu May 07, 2020 3:00 am

Times are hard. Kid's don't overthrow foreign governments.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Kurt » Thu May 07, 2020 1:17 pm

My guess is that it was a money grab.

Get a few useless people to take the fall while collecting money as an "investment" in a new administration, but the point was to never succeed, the point was to make a Potemkin Village, but with people, so others could see something was being planned.

My guess is someone state-side and out of harm's way raked in the cash and did not violate US law either since the Government is not recognized in the US.

That company involved, I forget the name because I cannot be bothered to look it up yet...wanted to "embed" armed men as "teachers" to prevent school shootings.

I am guessing that did not go over as a business plan, but it was probably more to do with getting someone in the Trump admin's attention so some of that money could come flowing in.

Having researched Right Wingers fund raising while working for a Left Winger ("mainstream" left) organization I can give a quick run-down of money grabs on both sides of the spectrum:

1. Right Wing Money Grab: MLM style with feeders and affiliates moving money to the top.

2. Left Wing Money Grab: Form a non-profit to do "good", use feel-good money to fund wealthy families who are able to have a "retirement job" for older execs and a starting job for their children and grandchildren with lots of perks and little work. They employ recent college grads (the children of nobodies) to call other nobodies to get money to fund the somebodies.

This coup was an "invest in the Government in Exile for crazy-assed profits later" type of scam and we can look forward to a "Feed Venezuela" type charity to be the lefty money grab next.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

not Chavez

Postby el3so » Fri May 08, 2020 10:42 pm

Kurt wrote: 2. Left Wing Money Grab: Form a non-profit to do "good", use feel-good money to fund wealthy families who are able to have a "retirement job" for older execs and a starting job for their children and grandchildren with lots of perks and little work. They employ recent college grads (the children of nobodies) to call other nobodies to get money to fund the somebodies.
I liked it better when it was "seizing the means of production".

Reads to me like a grifter and some saps getting played by the Venezuelan regime. Sucks for them.
PM me your negative COVID-19 test results
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby snaark » Sat May 09, 2020 3:23 pm

Looks like it was a total clown show. "Bay of Piglets" indeed.
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Thu May 14, 2020 2:52 am

snaark wrote:Looks like it was a total clown show. "Bay of Piglets" indeed.

The Fyre Festival of invasions.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby soulohio » Sat May 16, 2020 9:32 pm

bully ¡! this thread...
reminds me of the time i walked into the mans b-room at an OAS meeting in the DC oh about 2002
Liberator Simon Bolivar Room
good food but the parties later were crak a lakin
so Chavez comes up next to me whilst i endeavoured to persevere
a steady stream
and he says to me no shite
"so what did you do for Sosialismo today, comrade?"
and I looked at him
and with a smirk said
i paid the cab fare for three south american beauties that blessed me with their companionship last night
without breaking his gaze as he shook his manly member oof
he said "they have nothing to lose
but their chains"
... gawd i miss that guy
where are you going? why don't you walk the wheel with us? what is the matter my american friend? what has upset you?
soulohio
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe