¿ izzit safe ?

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

¿ izzit safe ?

Postby soulohio » Fri May 15, 2020 9:00 pm

izzit
where are you going? why don't you walk the wheel with us? what is the matter my american friend? what has upset you?
soulohio
BFCus Regularus

Re: ¿ izzit safe ?

Postby Kurt » Sun May 17, 2020 6:53 pm

I'd avoid sweaty mass church services for a bit.

I read, and I am not sure if this is true or not, that the most effective way to spread COVID-19 is to cough and the second most effective way is to sing.

Daily deaths in NYC from it are now below 150 (NY1 news claims it is less than 46 per day....neither gives an explanation as to how they get their numbers)

I am not leaving the house until at least June 15th, but waiting until July 1 is also a possibility.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun May 17, 2020 7:24 pm

The thing to do throughout this ordeal is find some kind of niche to inhabit and then just get through it. I had planned to spend the month of May in the Cotswolds of England with relatives but that fell by the wayside. So instead, being unemployed, I got a job at Amazon working the night shift. The operations manager sends out about 3 texts a week to notify of another employee infected at the facility where I work. They stridently enforce the 6 ft. rule, masks are mandatory and they check your temperature when entering the building. At least they say they’re checking temps, they’ve got some kind of technological doo-dad that reads it as you walk past. My work entails stowing packages into pod-robots which light up magenta if I put the wrong size package in the wrong sized pod. Then the robot tells on me. Eventually my supervisor will stop by to scold about that but otherwise I work far away from people. My co-workers, all of whom have the countenance of cast members of The Wire, seem pretty non-plussed by the virus. We only interact during breaks, and they’re swell people to be around, real sweet, except for spitting on the ground while puffing on their Sweet & Milds. I want to say to them, can you please not spit, but I’m too physically worn out to fry that fish. Amazon says they’re gonna give us all Covid tests. I ask when and how often but they just say it’s “in development”. I’d like one Covid test each week, please. If Mike Pence can get one everyday then I should get one too, right? Besides, I may have been the one that stowed the vibrator that Mother ordered. Wouldn’t they want to know if I’m healthy?

How are you SoulOhio? It’s been a long time and many lifetimes too!
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Mon May 18, 2020 1:45 am

Who deleted my post. Jeesh, opportunities to flame El Pelon don't present themselves that often.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby soulohio » Mon May 18, 2020 3:30 am

i meant
¿ izzit safe ?
as in Marathon Man ¿ izzit safe ?
like I have to move a large amount of ice
ill-gotten
and besides my cracking hardon being an empediment
i need to know
¿ is it safe ?
kisses and hugs
to all
where are you going? why don't you walk the wheel with us? what is the matter my american friend? what has upset you?
soulohio
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon May 18, 2020 3:18 pm

ROB wrote:Who deleted my post. Jeesh, opportunities to flame El Pelon don't present themselves that often.

Not I
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby ROB » Tue May 19, 2020 11:08 pm

soulohio wrote:i meant
¿ izzit safe ?
as in Marathon Man ¿ izzit safe ?
like I have to move a large amount of ice
ill-gotten
and besides my cracking hardon being an empediment
i need to know
¿ is it safe ?
kisses and hugs
to all

Haiku on ice.

Not even once.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby El Pelon » Sun May 24, 2020 12:14 pm

ROB wrote:Who deleted my post. Jeesh, opportunities to flame El Pelon don't present themselves that often.

This is why we can't take you nice places ROB!
El Pelon
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe