Hilarious: New York Times, Tom Cotton and literal flip-flops

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Hilarious: New York Times, Tom Cotton and literal flip-flops

Postby Kurt » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:02 pm

This is great.

New York Times editorials were always: We must use restrained violence but here is a counter point from a respectable person that says "We must unleash the full force of our military and kill them all"

Then they decided to follow their regular playbook and allow Tom Cotton to write a " Kill em all" editorial in response to their "Just kill a few" stance and *poof* suddenly they regret it, and then James Bennet "resigns" and Tom Cotton throws a hissy snit.

A while back I noticed that its as if part of our society that relied on stupid shit was collapsing. Suddenly IPOs were questioned, like of WeWork and funding stopped There is still stupid shit on Wall Street and stupid shit "start ups" but it was like someone who used to say "Lets just power through this and do an IPO anyway" was replaced by a follower of Benjamin Graham.

I still expect their to be a massacre carried out by Dumbasses against smartasses, but this time instead of saying "This was tragic but we are not going to do a waiting period for a literacy or IQ evaluation for gun ownership or anything like that" Someone is going to say "How the fuck did this retard get a gun?" Is there a retard store or something that sells them? Holy shit, no wonder the streets are filled with armed dipshits. A waiting period wont hurt smart people it will only anger those who cannot see 2 hours into the future so fuck-em"
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Hilarious: New York Times, Tom Cotton and literal flip-f

Postby babihutan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:52 am

Mr Trudeau recently banned a slew of assault rifles and gives owners I believe one year or two to return them to be bought back by the government (er...um..I mean joe taxpayer). He used the ‘high’ level of gun violence in Toronto as well as the recent Nova Scotia massacre of 23 people or so for justification. What a shit show! All of the Toronto gun crimes as well as the Nova Scotia killings were carried out by NON licensed gun owners. Funny enough the NS shooter used guns that were also considered legal and were not on the list of now-banned guns. Maybe spend a tad more time and resources into quelling import of illegal arms or screening the people who actually own guns, at least in some smaller countries.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:08 am

babihutan wrote:Mr Trudeau recently banned a slew of assault rifles and gives owners I believe one year or two to return them to be bought back by the government (er...um..I mean joe taxpayer). He used the ‘high’ level of gun violence in Toronto as well as the recent Nova Scotia massacre of 23 people or so for justification. What a shit show! All of the Toronto gun crimes as well as the Nova Scotia killings were carried out by NON licensed gun owners. Funny enough the NS shooter used guns that were also considered legal and were not on the list of now-banned guns. Maybe spend a tad more time and resources into quelling import of illegal arms or screening the people who actually own guns, at least in some smaller countries.

It happens there. What is funny is it has never happened here except for the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban...which were quite tame when considering most people were worried about people coming to get their guns.

That alone created a lot of Molon Labe tattoos and probably some Hep C.

If you Canadians were like us you would blame your southern border for violence and other shortcomings.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby babihutan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:06 pm

Oh we do! Lol some of us anyway. Most of the guns used in murders here are traced to illegal arms from the US. In Canada, seems like a very simple solution.

In the US not so sure! The entire population is already armed so it seems any measures one might take to curtail gun crimes would either involve a complete civil revolt, or little tweaks would have to made here and there for at least the next generation or more.

I’ve said it before though, I don’t feel guns are the problem. Same in health, if someone has a bad symptom of something, the mainstream medical community prescribes a pill to alleviate that symptom/problem, but the original problem is still there, hasn’t been addressed. Sure, more guns will increase overall potential for them to be used for bad shit, but until you fix the root of the problem, what have you done?
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe