Antifa has attacked India and China

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Antifa has attacked India and China

Postby Kurt » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:03 pm

And India lost 20 soldiers to Antifa.

Or something like that. Pretty sure antifa was behind it.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Antifa has attacked India and China

Postby MJK » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:23 pm

Did I miss WW3? Einstein stated that the war following that would be fought with sticks and stones and it looks like that is how the Sino-Indian war will roll, or at least start. Rock throwing, fists and clubs sounds a lot like Call of Duty: Warzone in the Gulag. Low kinetics conflict. I like it. No fallout, no DU dust, no budget busting MIC white elephants. Anybody can yank a howitzer lanyard or pickle a load of cluster bombs but will those same warfighters be willing to get close enough to smell the bat soup or chicken vindaloo on their enemy's breath? You can't teabag the vanquished from 15 miles back or 20,000 feet above. Forego social distancing in favor of unsocially closing the distance. All much cheaper than conventional warfare and could be funded by pay per view.

Sorry to tangentalize your thread but all Antifa all the time makes Kurt a dull boy. Antifa? Protifa? Let's split the difference and go Mehtifa.
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:55 pm

I was just too lazy to find a link. Its all over my news feed on my cell phone.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53061476

Both countries have over 1 billion people and both countries have more young men than they have young women. War can be about a lot of shit but a war that is about demographics is not likely going to be one that can be stopped easily.

Luckily neither India or China have the fortitude for fighting like the Vietnamese or Koreans have. If they did it would just be one giant rain of shells followed by a 2nd world Nuke or two dealt from the side that lost the most battles.

With their population centers a nuke would be staggering. All I can say is I hope we keep out of this fight. The ones who avoid this war will be the clear winners of this war.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby babihutan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:20 am

MJK wrote:Did I miss WW3? Einstein stated that the war following that would be fought with sticks and stones and it looks like that is how the Sino-Indian war will roll, or at least start. Rock throwing, fists and clubs sounds a lot like Call of Duty: Warzone in the Gulag. Low kinetics conflict. I like it. No fallout, no DU dust, no budget busting MIC white elephants. Anybody can yank a howitzer lanyard or pickle a load of cluster bombs but will those same warfighters be willing to get close enough to smell the bat soup or chicken vindaloo on their enemy's breath? You can't teabag the vanquished from 15 miles back or 20,000 feet above. Forego social distancing in favor of unsocially closing the distance. All much cheaper than conventional warfare and could be funded by pay per view.

Sorry to tangentalize your thread but all Antifa all the time makes Kurt a dull boy. Antifa? Protifa? Let's split the difference and go Mehtifa.

LOL!!
This is how the real men do war.....only funny thing is in this case, all I can picture are skinny nerdy gamer type boys who haven’t been laid on either side throwing girly shots at each other!
Still pretty awesome though, I would certainly subscribe to pay per view for this.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:32 am

Ladakh is a cool place to visit but is really militarized. People are cool though, almost like the military there is a make work project.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby MJK » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:53 am

I know that they are squabbling over a very long border but was there anything in the area of Ladakh worth the trouble and expense of keeping garrisons there? Minerals say or tourist dollars? Is there a pipeline transit point near there? It reminds me of the Paki-Indian tussle over the world's highest shit glaciers formed by decades of bad rations and dirty/silty water. "We need to hold the high ground so that OUR shit rolls down on THEM..."
MJK
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:33 am

MJK wrote:I know that they are squabbling over a very long border but was there anything in the area of Ladakh worth the trouble and expense of keeping garrisons there? Minerals say or tourist dollars? Is there a pipeline transit point near there? It reminds me of the Paki-Indian tussle over the world's highest shit glaciers formed by decades of bad rations and dirty/silty water. "We need to hold the high ground so that OUR shit rolls down on THEM..."

Its a desert with some monostaries and nice mountains and some groovy tourist restaurants, but I am not aware of massive mineral deposits or any other worth. I guess just a strategic value that goes back to the Great Game.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe