Since 2020 is the new 1348 what plans do you have if

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Since 2020 is the new 1348 what plans do you have if

Postby ROB » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:19 am

sparrow wrote:
babihutan wrote:Is there even an alternate reality in which Trump actually loses at this point?

Do you really think that? And if you do, why? I would really like to know.

End of June 2020, Biden leads Trump by 13 points.

End of June 2016, Clinton leads Trump by 12 points.

I mean, if you forced me to put money on it today, I would say Biden, but this is not a done deal.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:20 pm

Apparently now Biden is ahead by 16. But as you said, that does not mean anything until it is over.

The polls this time basically said "In 2016 we sucked, now we are awesome." but we will see.

Trump claims that if he loses it will be by voter fraud, however he is particularly dense (as are ALOT of Americans) when it comes to COVID-19.

Herman Cain is ailing from it but still tweeting shout-outs to the really stupid Governor of South Dakota which is having a "masks optional, no social distancing" rally at Mount Rushmore.

And setting off fireworks during a dry time in the Black Hills area.

Right now we are realizing that stupid is quite fatal. Most of the NYC COVID-19 cases were spread in churches. Singing is second only to coughing as a transmission method. Pentacostal Church services go on until the Holy Spirit says it is over, but they stopped.

I've lived in Black and Dominican neighborhoods since 1995 and though they are churchy as hell, once people get sick they stop. The Haitian Pentacostal church next to me used to have services that went from 9am until about 8pm with multiple breaks for snacks, lunch and supper. But no one was deluded that god would protect them and they have been silent since late March. They are not dumb. If I lived in a white pentacostal place I am sure there would be a COVID-19 cloud hovering over the church by now.

The trick now is how to segregate ourselves from the stupid. The problem with this is dumb people rely on smart people for things they need, so therefore they claim to have rights. No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service was a common thing that only a few crazy shirtless people objected to, but now "No Mask No Service" runs the risk of someone, staff or customers being harmed by a crazy person.

Places have been shut down not because of social distancing orders but because of dipshits who throw hissy snits about masks becoming a danger.

Its the Ayn Rand fantasy that if "productive" people went on strike against the mooches that society would collapse but their society of producers and creatives would prosper. That might be true, but the thing is if Ayn Rand fans went on strike they would die, because they are mostly incompetent mooches who rely on the society that Liberalism built.

My guess is if smart people went on strike the dumb people would just start shooting them. Not everyone can be rich or educated but everyone can get a gun and point it, and pull the trigger.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby RYP » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:03 pm

I will be in North, Central and East Africa mostly. Asia and Latin America don't seem to come up on my radar much. Mozambique to Libya. Somalia to Zanzibar and maybe a dash to Afghanistan if the shit starts up again.
RYP
Ownerus Websiteus Authorus

Postby Kurt » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:21 pm

RYP wrote:I will be in North, Central and East Africa mostly. Asia and Latin America don't seem to come up on my radar much. Mozambique to Libya. Somalia to Zanzibar and maybe a dash to Afghanistan if the shit starts up again.

So, Among more sensible people at least.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby rickshaw92 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:42 pm

Good diving in Zans.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby babihutan » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:40 pm

rickshaw92 wrote:Good diving in Zans.

Interesting little place! The food is fantastic with exotic spices and coconut infused in just about every dish. I did some snorkelling off the north east coast, have to take a boat, but amazing reefs and scenery there underwater. By far the biggest number of sea life in one are I have seen. Sadly the locals say it’s been getting worse with illegal fisherman and clarity of water clouding over a bit but still great for now.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe