You've become a third world country

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: You've become a third world country

Postby babihutan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:53 pm

ROB wrote:
Alphabet wrote: 1st world medical facilities.


That's probably the big one that separates 1st and 3rd world.

Also, trying to get anything in a government department. Literally anything.


In the ‘third world’, dealing with the government is much more efficient....take Mr. minister of whatever department to the local nudy bar, cover the tab and all your requests are met. It also helps in the third world to have family members or friends in whatever higher position.
My wife’s cousin was the right hand man of the president in Panama (Martinelli), and overnight once elected, half of her extended family was appointed to the highest positions throughout to positions they had zero business being in or knowledge of.

Alphabet wrote:Ehhh...I gotta say I'm on the fence on this.

Spent plenty of time in 3rd world nations There is something to be said for getting shit done with nothing more than being on a motorbike, AK slung on your back, a wad full of cash and cheap gas station sunglasses to pass out at checkpoints. I don't need 14 PowerPoint Tabbed Officers to give me a brief on execution. When the fuck did we go from , "Good job", to "We're going to need a 25 page rundown on everything you did? Because I have literally submitted 1 page of "I did it", and 24 pages of "Fuck You" before. Is probably why I'm on job x times infinity, but my wallet is fat, my street cred is solid, and I can still look at myself in the mirror in the morning.

Other side of me likes the trains on time, and 1st world medical facilities.


Yes, we complicate the shit out of everything in the civilized world. Nothing more joyful to me than being wild and free in places that don’t even have street names, and nobody has any fucking idea what their plans are the next day, let alone in the next hour.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 5:07 pm
Location: Canada

Re: You've become a third world country

Postby Alphabet » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:58 pm

Everyone gets all pissy about partisanship in the US. I DON'T want elected leaders getting along and streamlining shit, and being efficient. Governments like that are dangerous. There is a reason we have separation of power in the US.

I want them both fighting each other to death over every single fucking bill, law, amendment, whatever. Fuck it, bring back duels. I want to see some Taiwanese level shit go down in the Senate.
It could be raining pussy, and troops will complain and blame leadership for not providing an equal ration of ass.
Alphabet
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:48 am

Re: You've become a third world country

Postby Alphabet » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:03 pm

Kurt wrote:
ROB wrote:
Alphabet wrote: 1st world medical facilities.


That's probably the big one that separates 1st and 3rd world.

Also, trying to get anything in a government department. Literally anything.


I got excellent care in Nigeria when I caught something in Egypt.

Had to pay for it out of pocket but I was only billed once (in the US they keep sending you bills until you dispute them, we have an "Insurance Company" called Aflack that pays "Secondary" medical bills. What they do is they dispute the bill for you but pretend they paid it)

However, I was in Lagos, if I had been in some stick & mud hut village I would have been screwed.


Cash is king, anywhere. About 6 months ago went to a dermatologist to have some minor Psoriasis looked at. Wasn't even a big deal. When the desk lady asked for my insurance, I said I'd be paying cash. I didn't even get the chance to sit down in a packed waiting room. Was whisked back to a room, nurse was instantly getting my vitals, etc. and literally 5 minutes later doc was looking over me.

Also ended up costing me less than had I used insurance.

Could've been my abs though.
It could be raining pussy, and troops will complain and blame leadership for not providing an equal ration of ass.
Alphabet
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:48 am

Re: You've become a third world country

Postby sparrow » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:01 pm

User avatar
sparrow
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 4067
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:14 pm

Re: You've become a third world country

Postby Kurt » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:21 pm

sparrow wrote:This is not what one should expect in a western democracy.

https://twitter.com/matcha_chai/status/ ... 2033411072

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/18/opinions ... index.html


Theyve been doing this for a while.

Before Trump they did it to Anti-Globalization protesters and Anti-War protesters and Round 1 of BLM in Ferguson.

After Trump they did it to illegal Immigrants, legal immigrants and US Citizens who looked like illegal immigrants.

Now they are grabbing Whitey off the streets and people are starting to see the light that comes from getting their heads out of their asses. But this was being practiced since 1999 under Clinton, a bit more violent under Bush and business as usual under Obama Biden.

If Trump get re-elected the Proud Boys are gonna get their wish to toss activists out of helicopters.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 20028
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: You've become a third world country

Postby ROB » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:28 pm

babihutan wrote:In the ‘third world’, dealing with the government is much more efficient....take Mr. minister of whatever department to the local nudy bar, cover the tab and all your requests are met. It also helps in the third world to have family members or friends in whatever higher position.



*sigh* And how about the 99.9% of people in the country who cannot afford that or are not in that position?
User avatar
ROB
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5379
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:49 am

Re: You've become a third world country

Postby ROB » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:30 pm

Kurt wrote:I got excellent care in Nigeria when I caught something in Egypt.


... for a broken arm.

Try getting it for a complex cancer op.
User avatar
ROB
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5379
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:49 am

Re: You've become a third world country

Postby Alphabet » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:15 am

ROB wrote:
Kurt wrote:I got excellent care in Nigeria when I caught something in Egypt.


... for a broken arm.

Try getting it for a complex cancer op.



Life sucks. We all die.

How is that the responsibility of the general populace? I work my ass off. I don't own $300 Air Jordan trainers, or a 72 inch t.v., which a lot of the "poor" in the West do. But they can't pay their own medical bills.

Respectfully, where is the fine line with you? How much do I have to pay out for the less than responsible in society? Also, what part of liberty and freedom gives you the right to determine how the fruit of my labor is confiscated under threat of the gun and the power of the state? Are you ok with a system that sends armed, masked men on a no knock warrant because I didn't pay an extortion fee to the state?
It could be raining pussy, and troops will complain and blame leadership for not providing an equal ration of ass.
Alphabet
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:48 am

Re: You've become a third world country

Postby Kurt » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:41 am

ROB wrote:
Kurt wrote:I got excellent care in Nigeria when I caught something in Egypt.


... for a broken arm.

Try getting it for a complex cancer op.


I could there. In fact some things are even better there like treatment of malaria and sickle cell.

But, that said I would take:

1. Water treatment.

2. Electricity that is regular.

3. At least sort of shitty roads.

Over comparable medical treatment. Gagging because you are breathing generator exhaust at 4am really sucks. Driking water out of a little baggie...I can endure it but I do not prefer it.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 20028
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: You've become a third world country

Postby sparrow » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:58 am

.
User avatar
sparrow
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 4067
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:14 pm

Re: You've become a third world country

Postby ROB » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:41 am

Alphabet wrote:Life sucks. We all die.

How is that the responsibility of the general populace? I work my ass off. I don't own $300 Air Jordan trainers, or a 72 inch t.v., which a lot of the "poor" in the West do. But they can't pay their own medical bills.

Respectfully, where is the fine line with you? How much do I have to pay out for the less than responsible in society? Also, what part of liberty and freedom gives you the right to determine how the fruit of my labor is confiscated under threat of the gun and the power of the state? Are you ok with a system that sends armed, masked men on a no knock warrant because I didn't pay an extortion fee to the state?


Huh? Was talking about the quality of third world hospitals versus first world.

But since you asked, I am more of an advocate for rape camps than no knock warrants, but each to their own.
User avatar
ROB
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5379
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:49 am

Postby el3so » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:30 pm

Alphabet wrote:Are you ok with a system that sends armed, masked men on a no knock warrant because I didn't pay an extortion fee to the state?

The saying isn't "death and taxes" because they both are optional.
PM me your negative COVID-19 test results
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8110
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re: You've become a third world country

Postby Alphabet » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:38 pm

ROB wrote:
Alphabet wrote:Life sucks. We all die.

How is that the responsibility of the general populace? I work my ass off. I don't own $300 Air Jordan trainers, or a 72 inch t.v., which a lot of the "poor" in the West do. But they can't pay their own medical bills.

Respectfully, where is the fine line with you? How much do I have to pay out for the less than responsible in society? Also, what part of liberty and freedom gives you the right to determine how the fruit of my labor is confiscated under threat of the gun and the power of the state? Are you ok with a system that sends armed, masked men on a no knock warrant because I didn't pay an extortion fee to the state?


Huh? Was talking about the quality of third world hospitals versus first world.

But since you asked, I am more of an advocate for rape camps than no knock warrants, but each to their own.

I misread. My bad.
It could be raining pussy, and troops will complain and blame leadership for not providing an equal ration of ass.
Alphabet
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:48 am

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests