Bruh, working land will kick your ass.

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Bruh, working land will kick your ass.

Postby babihutan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:07 am

ROB wrote:
babihutan wrote:
denise wrote:Nothing more satisfying than working your ass off really the alternative is not all it's cracked up to be.

Yeah I’m lucky to have never known a period of not working my ass off, but I have caught glimpses of what becomes of the purposeless guys and girls as their drive and soul juice leaves their bodies.

I feel personally attacked.

Hehehe nah, that’s just me venting how I need a vacation, been busy times. I would love nothing more than sleeping in and watching Netflix for a while.

Kurt wrote:I LOVE, LOVE LOVE sitting in an office all day on my ass.

I probably said this before in this thread but office drudgery kicks ass.

I did physical labor from when I was 12 to when I was 32 and that was enough for me.

That’s the funny thing, I regularly do both and I gotta say.....the office drudgery will wear ya down pretty quick. Most people who do only physical work underestimate how much it can take out of you.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Bronco » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:32 am

You guys hit a nerve.
I worked my butt off in an office for a big company and one day I told my boss about my idea for an invention that would be useful to the company. My boss presented my idea as his and then stabbed me in the back and got me fired. I had a breakdown. Then I moved to the mountains and got a job at a lumber mill, flipping boards when they came off the saw. It was hard, dangerous, mindless, boring work but had no stress and when the shift ended I forgot about the job until the next day.
When I graduated from High school, I weighed 137 lbs. And had a 14 ½ inch neck. When I graduated from college I still weighed 137 lbs. After I had been at the mill for six months I weighed 165 lbs and had a 16” neck. I was stronger and happier than I had ever been when working inside. I could squeeze a bathroom scale until it read 325 lbs. When I finally retired I could do one handed push-ups with either arm. I was in the best shape physically and mentally I'd ever been in. I could go home at night and not feel like I needed to decompress. There is something rewarding about physical work that you just won't get from working in an office.
"I used to care, but things have changed"
Bob Dylan
Bronco
Old Man On The Mountain

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:43 pm

I've been "office screwed" too. Manual labor "screwed" is someone not pulling their weight. But theycan only do that for so long before someone finds out and tbey get exposed.
The last place I worked before this place (Train Control system cyber security) was a combo Private Investigation company and cyber security service provider.
We were hired to "track" QAnon for an NGO back in 2018.
In my report I said they were divided into two parts: The scholars who studied and disseminated the conspiracy and the "soldiers" who took the information from the scholars and decided how to act on the "information".
My employers saw QAnon as "nuts, but not dangerous" so they nixed my report calling them a danger.
I made a proposal to infiltrate the "scholars" with a backdated website and disseminate distracting information to scatter their focus and produce infighting to slow the soldiers.
I also wanted to start a treasure hunt of missing bitcoin wsllets to further distract them and have them invest time and money into getting rich.
I was promptly removed from the project and now thecompany is pitchi g my ideas as a "service" ....a little too late tbough.
But still, i love office work. I get a chair.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:04 pm

Bronco wrote:You guys hit a nerve.
I worked my butt off in an office for a big company and one day I told my boss about my idea for an invention that would be useful to the company. My boss presented my idea as his and then stabbed me in the back and got me fired. I had a breakdown. Then I moved to the mountains and got a job at a lumber mill, flipping boards when they came off the saw. It was hard, dangerous, mindless, boring work but had no stress and when the shift ended I forgot about the job until the next day.
When I graduated from High school, I weighed 137 lbs. And had a 14 ½ inch neck. When I graduated from college I still weighed 137 lbs. After I had been at the mill for six months I weighed 165 lbs and had a 16” neck. I was stronger and happier than I had ever been when working inside. I could squeeze a bathroom scale until it read 325 lbs. When I finally retired I could do one handed push-ups with either arm. I was in the best shape physically and mentally I'd ever been in. I could go home at night and not feel like I needed to decompress. There is something rewarding about physical work that you just won't get from working in an office.

In evolutionary terms, we aren't really designed to sit on our asses all day looking at spreadsheets slamming Monster drinks.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:33 pm

Tarkan wrote:In evolutionary terms, we aren't really designed to sit on our asses all day looking at spreadsheets slamming Monster drinks.

You shut your fucking mouth.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe