US Economy 30% Down (Annualised)

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: US Economy 30% Down (Annualised)

Postby ROB » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:24 pm

UBI has been tried in a couple of places (I think Finland was one) and it's never been a roaring success.

The clue that it hasn’t is in the name... Universal.

I always wondered how they thought a “test” would be valid when it was within the wider system where it was not implemented. I mean, I suppose you can test the human behaviour part, but you can’t test the more controversial parts like inflation and necessary taxes and effects on demand etc etc. Which are kind of the contentious points.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Re: US Economy 30% Down (Annualised)

Postby ROB » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:26 pm

snaark wrote:The problem I have with all these things is that the don't actually address the causes of inequality. They're just a sop to the far left.

My understanding is that there was plenty of evidence that the main cause of poverty is literally lack of cash (not trying to be funny with that).

There are plenty of non-druggie, non-crazy, non-criminal people who just had a string of bad luck and need a hand back to being productive members of society?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe