Trump is about to pardon that bastard Snowden

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Trump is about to pardon that bastard Snowden

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:15 pm

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN25B10Z

Snowden is an FSB asset.

He was one before too, but he probably was not aware that he was until after he defected to Russia (or took asylum...I will go with defected).

He is a good example of why we should have boring employees with a generous pension as Intelligence Employees instead of contractors. Though high salary and paid housing in Hawaii is pretty sweet deal to fuck up for yourself, that is what makes me think this idiot really did release information so Americans would know it's government spied on us.

Then he was convinced to to to Russia where he probably released a lot more information that that to them, like giving names of co-workers, inter office fights and politics, what vendors were used to cater food all kinds of compromising stuff.

The Russians would never have an active asset pardon one that was secured within Russia, so I still think that Trump is more of an unwitting asset as well but it might be he defied orders in Trumpian fashion.

If Snowden is pardoned, then I will believe that Trump was not "recruited" but rather just has a boner for authoritarians like Putin. If he is not pardoned then I believe he is an active asset who is likely getting paid by "oligarchs" buying his properties.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Trump is about to pardon that bastard Snowden

Postby sparrow » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:04 pm

I seriously doubt that will happen. Your current president just seems to say shit randomly as a general rule, most of it lies and deception as I'm very sure you know. And I think your thoughts on Snowden are a little skewed. He told you and your countrymen, and the world, things that you and they should know. Your courts have in fact responded with changes to address some of these issues, particularly with the meta data they were collecting. Anyways, here's an interview with your own Brian Williams and Edward Snowden. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/e9yK1QndJSM
Be brave, always be brave
sparrow
Canadia

Postby Bronco » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:20 pm

I watched his interview a while back. I no longer remember who did the interview but he knows the Russians are spying on him all the time. He did expose things to the public that should have bothered the people of the country but his side of the story was buried by "news" media and a major outpouring of propaganda. That alone makes me feel that he is a whistle blower rather than anybody's asset. He has said he'd go to prison if the law says but he wants assurances that he will get a fair trial. Nobody with any authority has offered him a fair trial, yet.

Didn't it bother you to read that NASA reads your emails and keeps records of who you see and when you see them? Doesn't it bother you that NASA said they know more about you than you do? That they watch people over their laptop and cellphone cameras when people think they're turned off?
I think he had a cause and he did what he thought was right. So far, there is no evidence he's ever told the Russians anything he hasn't told the American public. I say let him come home and stand trial. Hopefully, he'd get a fair and honest trial.
"I used to care, but things have changed"
Bob Dylan
Bronco
Old Man On The Mountain

Postby ROB » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:40 pm

Maybe they want to put me on the moon?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:47 pm

Bronco wrote: Didn't it bother you to read that NASA reads your emails and keeps records of who you see and when you see them? Doesn't it bother you that NASA said they know more about you than you do? That they watch people over their laptop and cellphone cameras when people think they're turned off?
NASA are the rocket science people, NSA is an intelligence branch.
No opinion really, seeing how it are your tax dollars at work. At least they seem to be doing something...
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby sparrow » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:54 pm

Bronco wrote:I say let him come home and stand trial. Hopefully, he'd get a fair and honest trial.

A trial by jury where they get to hear all the evidence AND decide the punishment if determined that people were actually harmed by his disclosures, rather than, informed by them.
sparrow
Canadia

Postby Kurt » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Bronco wrote:I watched his interview a while back. I no longer remember who did the interview but he knows the Russians are spying on him all the time. He did expose things to the public that should have bothered the people of the country but his side of the story was buried by "news" media and a major outpouring of propaganda. That alone makes me feel that he is a whistle blower rather than anybody's asset. He has said he'd go to prison if the law says but he wants assurances that he will get a fair trial. Nobody with any authority has offered him a fair trial, yet.

Didn't it bother you to read that NASA reads your emails and keeps records of who you see and when you see them? Doesn't it bother you that NASA said they know more about you than you do? That they watch people over their laptop and cellphone cameras when people think they're turned off?
I think he had a cause and he did what he thought was right. So far, there is no evidence he's ever told the Russians anything he hasn't told the American public. I say let him come home and stand trial. Hopefully, he'd get a fair and honest trial.

Of course it did. But he is still an FSB asset.

He released things that we also do not know about. Who did he release them to? Russians, the people who have given him protection and are watching him.
Defectors are watched, people granted asylum aren't.

I think Philby released some details of the Cold War that were shocking as well about interference in elections, interference in former colonies and he too would give "interviews" that would release new information, not obtained by him, but by other operatives and released through him so as to embarass Great Britain and NATO while not revealing past operatives who were still hidden.

I'd support Snowden if he had released information and then taken jail.

I personally believe that Wikileaks was taken over by Russian operations because Assange had a boner against the crimes of the English speaking world but was in the dark about the often worse crimes of the non-English speaking world, like the "East". So he and others were easy to manipulate just the same way as people are always swayed by "Iranian Moderates" and "Reform Minded Saudis".

I don't think Snowden deserves to be hanged, but he should stay in Russia.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby sparrow » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:08 am

Kurt wrote:

I'll bite.

Explain
sparrow
Canadia

Postby Kurt » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:30 pm

sparrow wrote:
Kurt wrote:

I'll bite.

Explain

Well, When you see something wrong, morally wrong happening and you expose it. That is good.

Breaking the law to expose something that is morally wrong does not diminish the good that came from breaking the law.

Our own country illegally spying on us is wrong. Our own country legally spying on it's citizens is also wrong.

But being of a sensitive nature like an NSA contractor one should not flee to an adversarial State where they can gain other information rather than just the immoral information that you already exposed.

Someone willing to suffer for the sake of exposing a wrong is admirable. Someone willing to suffer to expose a wrong done to his own countrymen is admirable and patriotic. Someone fleeing to Russia, making millions on the remote conferencing circuit while occassionally doing "intel releases" for the FSB puts Snowden in the wrong.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby sparrow » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:00 am

Kurt wrote:
sparrow wrote:
Kurt wrote:

I'll bite.

Explain

while occassionally doing "intel releases" for the FSB puts Snowden in the wrong.

Been a long day. I didn't know about "intel releases". Links?
sparrow
Canadia

Postby Alphabet » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:06 am

NASA can look at your anus, and mine for all I care.

The only thing those retards have done since the 70s is invent Tang, and create crazy as fuck female astronauts who piss and shit themselves in NASA approved diapers, on cross country trips, stalking ex boyfriends and trying to kidnap his current tail.

I don't mind sticking my dick in crazy now and then........but diaper wearing crazy is too crazy even for me.

As for Snowden. He wasn't/isn't an asset. If we had any sane and reliable leadership in the US, he wouldn't have left. It's like saying, why didn't anyone in the Wehrmacht tell Hitler shit was fucked up? He'd of been Epstein'd on the spot.

It's frankly more troubling that more people are pissed that Snowden bailed, and released what he did, than they are over the information itself.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:46 pm

sparrow wrote:
Kurt wrote:
sparrow wrote:
Kurt wrote:

I'll bite.

Explain

while occassionally doing "intel releases" for the FSB puts Snowden in the wrong.

Been a long day. I didn't know about "intel releases". Links?

Jesus, I will find an example when I have some time but when he would give a press release and comment on something "revealing" maybe back in 2014 or 2015...That is a classic FSB / KGB move. You give your known asset new information to release so they pretend it is old information that they had all along. Count news conferences like this during the Obama years compared to the Trump years (If I had Lexis Nexis I could).

Of course it is just my word against Snowdens about how he got the information he used in those press releases but the Cambridge 5 scandal decades ago showed us how it was done since the Brits fucked up so bad, they made up for it in damage analysis.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:48 pm

Alphabet wrote:NASA can look at your anus, and mine for all I care.

The only thing those retards have done since the 70s is invent Tang, and create crazy as fuck female astronauts who piss and shit themselves in NASA approved diapers, on cross country trips, stalking ex boyfriends and trying to kidnap his current tail.

I don't mind sticking my dick in crazy now and then........but diaper wearing crazy is too crazy even for me.

As for Snowden. He wasn't/isn't an asset. If we had any sane and reliable leadership in the US, he wouldn't have left. It's like saying, why didn't anyone in the Wehrmacht tell Hitler shit was fucked up? He'd of been Epstein'd on the spot.

It's frankly more troubling that more people are pissed that Snowden bailed, and released what he did, than they are over the information itself.

Why not flee to a non-adversarial state? The Scandies would have given him asylum.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Alphabet » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:54 pm

Kurt wrote:
Alphabet wrote:NASA can look at your anus, and mine for all I care.

Why not flee to a non-adversarial state? The Scandies would have given him asylum.

It's my understanding that he was offered the potential to apply for asylum in a few nations, but he had to be landed. Impossible to do once the US shitcanned his passport while enroute.

I will revise my statement. Is it possible he is an asset? Of course, anything it possible. Is it probable? I doubt it. I understand your point about non-adversarial states. My idea on this is that those states get still get the screws put to them by the US.

If you want to come kick my ass, but I know you are afraid of pitbulls, and have no effective way to deal with them, I'm hanging out with pitbulls. Doesn't automatically mean I like or support pitbulls.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:43 pm

Alphabet wrote:If you want to come kick my ass, but I know you are afraid of pitbulls, and have no effective way to deal with them, I'm hanging out with pitbulls. Doesn't automatically mean I like or support pitbulls.

I can see that point.

I also acknowledge that there would be a considerable degree of stress knowing that any trial one would face would be classified and one would have to rely on defense, prosecution and jury with security clearance.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe