Coup d' Etat Plot in Michigan

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Coup d' Etat Plot in Michigan

Postby Kurt » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:05 pm

I missed that the Boogs got convicted.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-mn/pr/self ... conviction
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:05 pm

16 years for the ugly guy who lived in a vacuum cleaner repair shop and 19 years for the bearded guy from Delaware.

I guess if you are gonna travel out of state to kidnap a Governor one should expect to serve 3 extra years.

The Ugly guy's mom pleaded that her son did not deserve life in Prison and that in spite of his horrible personality, loud and foul mouth he "had a pure heart"

https://www.woodtv.com/news/grand-rapid ... in-prison/

They always seem to portray grown-ass men as falling in with the "wrong crowd" or "needing approval" like a bunch of fucking teenagers caught shoplifting cigarettes or something.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby vagabond » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:29 pm

Kurt wrote:16 years for the ugly guy who lived in a vacuum cleaner repair shop and 19 years for the bearded guy from Delaware.

I guess if you are gonna travel out of state to kidnap a Governor one should expect to serve 3 extra years.

The Ugly guy's mom pleaded that her son did not deserve life in Prison and that in spite of his horrible personality, loud and foul mouth he "had a pure heart"

https://www.woodtv.com/news/grand-rapid ... in-prison/

They always seem to portray grown-ass men as falling in with the "wrong crowd" or "needing approval" like a bunch of fucking teenagers caught shoplifting cigarettes or something.

Some men (and women) never grow up. Or, they've been in the wrong crowd the whole time and don't know what the right one would look like.

Have had to do some personal sorting out of that stuff the past few years myself. Not necessarily wannabe kidnappers, more like people with unhealthy personalities in a confining bubble. Life has been better since.

I don't know how pre-modern people did it when we were all confined to villages and towns.

Anyway, on topic, I had a random thought that it could be interesting to talk with some of these Jan 6th or other people while they're sitting in jail to see how they went down this road. Was it '08, which my pet theory thinks a lot of this remains fueled by, or something else? What are the commonalities with them and with other widespread mass right-wing movements. That type of thing.
"If you were born near someplace called "The Erg of ____" you lost the lottery." - Kurt the Wise

"If you're stupid, the whole world is a dangerous place." - friendlyskies
vagabond
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe