Biden’s Chances Compared to Hillary’s

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Biden’s Chances Compared to Hillary’s

Postby rickshaw92 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:53 pm

Im looking forward to The Donald winning. The utter chaos that will ensue will be entertaining to watch indeed. I would imagine a protest in Central London if it happens with the flakes of snow out in droves. Would be fun to watch and I have to go into Central London tomorrow anyway for pre lockdown drinks anyway.

USA USA USA!
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby babihutan » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:06 am

Dabbi wrote:I think all the failed predictions here need to be printed out and eaten by the people that make them after they prove wrong

I said it first.....Trump aint goin nowhere. He has promised us all to make America great again, and he has yet to deliver.
babihutan
BFCus Regularus

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:57 am

Sniveling little shit cunts are already starting to kick off down the road from the White House. Say this shit is gonna go on for weeks. Must be nice to not hafta work.
Im reallly fuclimg pissed but fespite that I can still hit a tarfet at 1000m plus. mayVRVe bnot tonight but it qint beyond the wit if man. Nowhammy.
rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby rickshaw92 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:58 am

rickshaw92
Pikey Bastard

Postby ROB » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:47 am

ROB wrote:
Kurt wrote:The Polls say the Polls are different this time.

Yup. And I think a lot of us remain somewhat sceptical.

Just bumping this for good measure.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:13 am

Looks like they are about the same if you follow the WSJ so go ahead and enjoy your celebration Mr. Shaw. My son has asked that I not lock the doors tonight as he doesn't want to be in the city when it comes down in the same way I didn't want my daughter down there if Obama hadn't won it.
all roads lead to Christ.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby snaark » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:09 pm

Seriously, what have you got against punctuation?
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:59 am

nothing really more thae a struggle with sentence structure although I can spell like a.
Last edited by denise on Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby gnaruki » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:31 am

Reminds me of Timothy Dexter https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Dexter

The book contained 8,847 words and 33,864 letters, but without punctuation and with seemingly random capitalization. Dexter initially handed his book out for free, but it became popular and was reprinted eight times.[2] In the second edition, Dexter added an extra page which consisted of 11 lines of punctuation marks with the instructions that readers could distribute them as they pleased.[
gnaruki
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:48 am

maybe more of a reader than a writer more about understanding less about being understood but then there comes a time when its less about taking in and more about spitting it out.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby denise » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:57 am

gnaruki wrote:Reminds me of Timothy Dexter https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Dexter

The book contained 8,847 words and 33,864 letters, but without punctuation and with seemingly random capitalization. Dexter initially handed his book out for free, but it became popular and was reprinted eight times.[2] In the second edition, Dexter added an extra page which consisted of 11 lines of punctuation marks with the instructions that readers could distribute them as they pleased.[

wait I love this dude thanks for the suggestion/comparison.
denise
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:34 pm

man, my call on Texas for Biden and Pennsylvania for Trump was wayyyy off.

Anyway, I hope Trump keeps trying to sue his way back in. That and golf should keep him distracted enough so he won't do any real damage.

Four Seasons Total Landscaping:

My god, I loved that.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby mb » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:08 pm

Kurt wrote:Four Seasons Total Landscaping:

My god, I loved that.

Great writeup : https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 99962.html

I wonder how many militia marches there are? At least one I've heard of in Harrisburg though it eventually dissipated.
mb
BFCus Regularus

Postby ROB » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:25 pm

Kurt wrote:Anyway, I hope Trump keeps trying to sue his way back in.

Nobody should have a problem with that. If somebody suspects shenanigans, it's exactly how it should work.
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Ozymandias » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:44 am

Ozymandias wrote:Biden's levels of absolute support in the swing states two weeks out are much higher than Hillary Clinton's were in the same timeframe.

Here's where Biden + Trump are now: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/19/us-election-polls-tracker-who-is-leading-in-the-swing-states

For some context, Biden is 6.8% up on where Hillary was in Arizona in 2016, 2.7% up in Florida, 4.9% up in Wisconsin. Similar leads in IA, MI, NC, NH, NV & PA.

It would take the biggest polling error in the modern history of US election polling errors (much bigger than in 2016 or even the biggest swing in history in 1948) to erase Biden's 10 or 11 point lead and hand Trump the win. Not saying it cannot happen, but 2020 is not 2016. The Economist even did a good analysis on the "shy Trump voter" and concluded that: "It would take a massive polling error—considerably larger than in 2016—for Mr Trump to pull off an upset victory again. Partisan non-response bias could account for some of the gap the president needs to make up, but nowhere near all of it." https://www.economist.com/united-states/2020/10/11/the-race-for-the-white-house-is-a-little-closer-than-it-looks

So the polls were off again, but predictably so and no worse than they were in 2016. The difference this time was that Biden had such a significant lead in so many swing states that he could survive a 2-3 point polling error. Polls were right in that he will take Arizona, Wisconsin, Michigan, New Hampshire, Nevada, & Pennsylvania (pending Trump's attempts to disenfranchise for the win). Polls were wrong in predicting Iowa / Florida / North Carolina wins for Biden, but nothing outrageously outside the 2016 margin of error.

Glad we can now all agree that The Guardian's aggregated polling data was accurate, their methodology was sound, and that The Guardian is a reliable, unbiased source for aggregated polling data (leaving aside what we think about their political coverage)!
Ozymandias
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe