The COVID-19 vaccine

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: The COVID-19 vaccine

Postby Alphabet » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:44 am

ROB wrote:By this logic, the EU is in fact more responsible for the vaccine than the US because it pre-ordered twice as many doses.

Probably because the EU is expecting to provide the vaccine to half of Africa and Arabia. Once all those Turk "German" citizens, and Senegalese "French" citizens need it.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:06 am

Quibbling about the medals when the race isn't run yet. I screwed up that quote thing btw.
There probably will be some EU vaccine scheme, getting a group deal on whatever the pharmaceuticals have that works safely, being in line after all the elderly, the infirm, the women and the children. Comes the time, comes the man, doubt Merkel or the EU will get screwed over by whatever pharma company lives around here. The PR fall-out alone would be catastrophical.
All that money being thrown around not really nilly-willy, all the interstate co-operation, all that data coming up in the following months/years, the aftermath of the Trump presidency, if anything I for one hope this will turn us towards a more technocratic democracy.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby ROB » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:13 am

Alphabet wrote:
ROB wrote:By this logic, the EU is in fact more responsible for the vaccine than the US because it pre-ordered twice as many doses.

It just sucks when you try to felate Trump, but end up felating the Europussies, doesn’t it?
ROB
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:20 am

I'd be cool if Merkel, Conte, Castex and Boris just came out and put the hijab on.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:22 am

ROB wrote:
Alphabet wrote:

It just sucks when you try to felate Trump, but end up felating the Europussies, doesn’t it?

Ummmm.....you do know you're talking to yourself, right?
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:59 am

ROB wrote:
Alphabet wrote:
Penis-fondling jokes and grinder swipes aside, you do know any and all faults in this rapid roll-out is grist for the mill for the anti-vax crowd.
I for one have picked a side, never having known a dude (or chick for that matter, tbt I get those Maria vibes from attractive women with MD after their name) in a white coat on a personal level that was only in it for the money nor finding any fault with accepting that a sh!tload of smart people have an eye out for calling shenanigans on their peers in their body of expertise.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Alphabet » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:07 am

I love how big pharma is now the hero of the left.

Meh....I'll just keep drinking my vodka, smoking the occasional cigar, not wearing a mask, and being an anti vaxxer. BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dabbi » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:11 am

Remember I live in a country that has public health care
I don't have to pay for any expensive medication and the drug industry is regulated.
And the initial funding comes from Berlin not washington.

Signing up for x number of doses of the vaccine becomes fda approved 7 months after they start development is not providing funding for research.

That's like you prebuying an iphone and claiming that you developed it

P.s. the pfizer vaccine is created by a team of scientists you shit on and would deport if you could
Dabbi
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:39 am

Dabbi wrote:Remember I live in a country that has public health care
I don't have to pay for any expensive medication and the drug industry is regulated.

Signing up for x number of doses of the vaccine becomes fda approved 7 months after they start development is not providing funding for research.

P.s. the pfizer vaccine is created by a team of scientists you shit on and would deport if you could

^ So much full of fuck. (I did not know the FDA was based in Berlin.)

And yes, you do pay. Where do you think your taxes go?
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Dabbi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:01 pm

Alphabet wrote:

Europe uses EMA along with local agencies.

I understand that the US school system is broken and you are a victim of that but I'm referencing the fact that the US takes guidance from the FDA and that the US would buy the vaccine after getting FDA approval.
Dabbi
BFCus Regularus

Postby Devlin » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:39 am

Weird Times.
Devlin
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:11 am

Dabbi wrote:
Alphabet wrote:

Europe uses EMA along with local agencies.

I understand that the US school system is broken and you are a victim of that but I'm referencing the fact that the US takes guidance from the FDA and that the US would buy the vaccine after getting FDA approval.

You think govt provided healthcare is free. Ok.

You're probably confused over how magnets..How do they work?
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:50 am

Alphabet wrote:I love how big pharma is now the hero of the left.
Nah baby, they already provide us with abortion/birth control medicines, that euthanasia poison (but not lethal injections for those on death row) and all those hormone injections to help turn dudes into chicks and vice versa.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby el3so » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:57 am

Alphabet wrote: And yes, you do pay. Where do you think your taxes go? You think govt provided healthcare is free. Ok.

FWIW health care and taxes are different over here, both still get taken out of your pay-check or have to be paid for separately.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Alphabet » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:40 am

el3so wrote:
Alphabet wrote: And yes, you do pay. Where do you think your taxes go? You think govt provided healthcare is free. Ok.

FWIW health care and taxes are different over here, both still get taken out of your pay-check or have to be paid for separately.

Wait, what? The left here tells us medical care is totally free over there. Black Jesus fined me $15k a year, with threat of the riot squad coming down on me if I didn't pay. There's a better way over there?

In your opinion, where is the best place in Europe to land and claim asylum? Of course the locals will have to bow down to my language, my customs, obey my women and such. I can convert to Islam if it helps.

Please tell me Belgium. And that they issue FN FALs upon arrival. I'll give up my ARs for a nice Rhodesian numbered model. But you aren't getting my m1a.

^Not joking about the FN FAL.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe