Aussie SAS disbanded because...

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Aussie SAS disbanded because...

Postby Kurt » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:10 pm

snaark wrote:
Kurt wrote:I cannot find any mention of the Australian SAS being disbanded though.

It seems to still exist unless I missed something, I know the war crimes allegations from 2013 but is there a link for it actually disbanding? Or a plan to disband it?

AFAIK one squadron was disbanded, not the entire SAS.

The shitty squadron I assume? Seems fair.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby snaark » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:19 pm

Not even the one in this video, but another one (2nd squadron).
snaark
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:10 am

snaark wrote:On a side note, I'm not advocating what these guys did, but if you're going to execute someone, it might be a good idea to turn the GoPro off for a second...
Tarkan wrote:Aussie SAS had a bad rep in Afghanistan even among Americans (...) Insurgent or not, that's some bad optics.

That's what I hate most about the current state of this site. There's no more people on the ground/job giving their take on things, outside of all the media hubbub. Usually bringing nuance to the story, more often than not going against stereotype.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Alphabet » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:33 am

Tarkan wrote:Aussie SAS had a bad rep in Afghanistan even among Americans. DEA refused to work with them after a couple of raids. The video I saw had them popping some unarmed kid while he was prone on the ground with his hands up and a dog chewing on his leg. Insurgent or not, that's some bad optics.

Yeah, because the DEA are such stellar dudes.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:11 pm

I mean, yeah, if you are so psychotic that the corrupt as fuck DEA won’t work with you, maybe that means you are in fact pretty fucking psycho.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Alphabet » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:37 am

Tarkan wrote:I mean, yeah, if you are so psychotic that the corrupt as fuck DEA won’t work with you, maybe that means you are in fact pretty fucking psycho.

DEA are totally boy scouts. Never lied, or crossed anyone.

If Barney Fife in Pig's Knuckle Texas is legit by law allowed to lie to you....DEA? LMFAO.

C'mon man. As an aside, how many deployments under your belt?
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:29 pm

Alphabet wrote:This was a far left hit job. No one who was a civvie got dirt napped.
Read up a little about it.
Stuff got called out by (fellow trigger-pullers and) attached elements. Not my shop but scans like poor leadership more than anything allowed this thing to fester.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Tarkan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:57 pm

Alphabet wrote:
Tarkan wrote:I mean, yeah, if you are so psychotic that the corrupt as fuck DEA won’t work with you, maybe that means you are in fact pretty fucking psycho.

DEA are totally boy scouts. Never lied, or crossed anyone.

If Barney Fife in Pig's Knuckle Texas is legit by law allowed to lie to you....DEA? LMFAO.

C'mon man. As an aside, how many deployments under your belt?

Zero dawg. Neither ex-mil nor ex-contractor.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe