Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:00 pm

[quote="ROB"][quote="Tarkan"]We don't shut down the world for the flu.[/quote]

Imagine thinking wearing a mask is "shutting down the world."

Whole new level of dipshittery right there.[/quote]


I am embarrassed for them.
User avatar
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5889
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:18 am
Location: clevelandia

Re: Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

Postby Kurt » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:20 pm

Now it is the number 1 cause of death in the USA.

We are soooooo healthy that something that has a 99.93% recovery rate is now the number 1 killer.

The Lamestream Media never mentions that huh?

I can see the appeal in being like this. Get to dismiss experts like a big man. Jesus, almost getting erect here.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 20410
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

Postby Dabbi » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:01 pm

It's funny how all the tough independent people of can't withstand wearing a mask for a tiny amount of time
User avatar
Dabbi
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:49 pm
Location: Reykjavík, Íslandi

Re: Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

Postby mb » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:20 am

Alphabet wrote:Well ,fuck me......All those years of training with MOPP gear, in hot an shitty places.......And all it really takes it like 2 ply shit wipes to protect oneself from the next Blaque (Can't say "Black" because raciss an sheeeeeeiiiit) plague. Marked "not for surgical use" mind you.


I don't know what equipment you'd need to deal with the Black Plague. That's a flea-borne disease which spreads on rats. So presumably hygiene and a shower and stuff would help? MOPP gear probably would too, seeing as how it should seal off things much smaller than fleas.

Can you explain what this has to do with a respiratory virus where the goal is risk mitigation at a reasonable cost?
mb
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:18 pm

Re: Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

Postby Tarkan » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:40 pm

Kurt wrote:I think you are thinking of Hospice for the place to live before you die Tarkan.

And masks do not really protect me, but they do protect others.

Compare mask wearing BLM protesters having a relatively low level of covid transmission compared to the Super Spreader White House event and that one Herman Caine killing rally. When you get a bunch of selfish cunts in a room together cheering on another selfish cunt, cunts will get sick and some cunts will die.

If you have some righteous mofos gathering to do righteous things like BLM who rallied while wearing masks you have a very low transmission rate, in spite of the fact that more people turned out at a BLM rally than turned out at the rally that killed Herman Caine.


Sigh. Imagine if only there was a website that would help you look up answers to questions like nursing home life expectanch.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2010/08/98172 ... stay-death

“The average length of stay before death was 13.7 months, while the median was five months. Fifty-three percent of nursing home residents in the study died within six months. Men died after a median stay of three months, while women died after a median stay of eight months.”
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
User avatar
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5517
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:57 am
Location: Texas

Re: Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

Postby Kurt » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:11 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:I think you are thinking of Hospice for the place to live before you die Tarkan.

And masks do not really protect me, but they do protect others.

Compare mask wearing BLM protesters having a relatively low level of covid transmission compared to the Super Spreader White House event and that one Herman Caine killing rally. When you get a bunch of selfish cunts in a room together cheering on another selfish cunt, cunts will get sick and some cunts will die.

If you have some righteous mofos gathering to do righteous things like BLM who rallied while wearing masks you have a very low transmission rate, in spite of the fact that more people turned out at a BLM rally than turned out at the rally that killed Herman Caine.


Sigh. Imagine if only there was a website that would help you look up answers to questions like nursing home life expectanch.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2010/08/98172 ... stay-death

“The average length of stay before death was 13.7 months, while the median was five months. Fifty-three percent of nursing home residents in the study died within six months. Men died after a median stay of three months, while women died after a median stay of eight months.”


Yep, amazing how stuff is available online. Even ten year old studies.

Been trying to look for a comparison of death rates in nursing homes like this one, for 2019 and compare it to 2020. But 2020 is not over yet so we can only speculate as to what the numbers will be.

I am guessing that the average rate of stay will be lower before death for all, not just those of certain gender, marital or socioeconomic status.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 20410
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

Postby Tarkan » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:31 am

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:
Kurt wrote:I think you are thinking of Hospice for the place to live before you die Tarkan.

And masks do not really protect me, but they do protect others.

Compare mask wearing BLM protesters having a relatively low level of covid transmission compared to the Super Spreader White House event and that one Herman Caine killing rally. When you get a bunch of selfish cunts in a room together cheering on another selfish cunt, cunts will get sick and some cunts will die.

If you have some righteous mofos gathering to do righteous things like BLM who rallied while wearing masks you have a very low transmission rate, in spite of the fact that more people turned out at a BLM rally than turned out at the rally that killed Herman Caine.


Sigh. Imagine if only there was a website that would help you look up answers to questions like nursing home life expectanch.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2010/08/98172 ... stay-death

“The average length of stay before death was 13.7 months, while the median was five months. Fifty-three percent of nursing home residents in the study died within six months. Men died after a median stay of three months, while women died after a median stay of eight months.”


Yep, amazing how stuff is available online. Even ten year old studies.

Been trying to look for a comparison of death rates in nursing homes like this one, for 2019 and compare it to 2020. But 2020 is not over yet so we can only speculate as to what the numbers will be.

I am guessing that the average rate of stay will be lower before death for all, not just those of certain gender, marital or socioeconomic status.


Probably, and we'll be able to figure out what the overall impact of COVID was.

For example, if the median drops from 5.7 months to 4.7 months, then we'll be able to ascertain that COVID, on average, subtracted around 1/10th of 1% of the expected overall lifespan from the median elderly subject (and 21% of the remaining expected life span of nursing home residents).

And as for masks, if you had N95+ masks and followed decent protocol, wearing them might be prudent when out and about.

But the current economic shutdowns are pretty much idiotic and serve no purpose other than to wreck small businesses and create massive unemployment.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
User avatar
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5517
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:57 am
Location: Texas

Postby el3so » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:13 am

edit: welcome back mb!
Tarkan wrote:But the current economic shutdowns are pretty much idiotic and serve no purpose other than to wreck small businesses and create massive unemployment.
All those stupid elected officials, destroying part of their tax base and setting themselves up for non-re-election by proposing and adapting very unpopular measures.

Get real Tarkan, this stuff isn't just some flu and most of the planet with an internet connection not stuck on some island doesn't know how to handle it other than through draconian, half-century old laws when (not if) the medical people start talking about triage, in peace-time, nationwide, for an uncertain but extended period of time. Can't expect everyone to die alone at home...

Dunno if vaccines and that €1.8 trillion bail-out will solve everything but they will help.
I will be burned again.
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8356
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Postby el3so » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:06 am

They updated it to €2364.3 billion, guess we do have money trees.
I will be burned again.
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8356
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re: Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

Postby Alphabet » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:02 pm

Imagine how all the "elites" can fly, dine and drink without the "protective" orders they issue for the "little" people.


Get fucked.



Haven't bowed down to wearing a bitch mask. Come enforce it. Still 'rona free.

Want that MP5 Soooooooooo bad.
#White Lives Matter.
Alphabet
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:48 am

Re: Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

Postby Dabbi » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:37 pm

Alphabet wrote:Imagine how all the "elites" can fly, dine and drink without the "protective" orders they issue for the "little" people.


Get fucked.

Haven't bowed down to wearing a bitch mask. Come enforce it. Still 'rona free.

Want that MP5 Soooooooooo bad.



What everyone that is remotely sane reads is

I'm too insecure and weak to wear a mask for a few minutes to protect people around me.

Empathy is something to celebrate

Taking care of people around us is something to value
User avatar
Dabbi
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:49 pm
Location: Reykjavík, Íslandi

Postby el3so » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:27 pm

Dabbi wrote:
Alphabet wrote:Haven't bowed down to wearing a bitch mask. Come enforce it. Still 'rona free.

What everyone (...) reads is
I do not agree with his opinion neither but in the end it's "their house, their rules". Doubt I'll visit anytime soon.
I will be burned again.
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8356
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re: Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:15 pm

This term “elite”, applied as a pejorative, what does it mean? I’m asking in all seriousness. It seems that the meaning has become convoluted and unclear. For example, I’ve heard any non-MAGA person described as “elite”, I.e. anyone who could be described as a liberal or a Democrat. So, just so I can keep up, please describe the definition of “the elite”.
User avatar
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5889
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:18 am
Location: clevelandia

Re: Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

Postby sparrow » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:35 pm

I'm guessing "rich".
User avatar
sparrow
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 4114
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:14 pm

Postby el3so » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:21 am

Folks used to call it the establishment I guess.

All of the local accusations/internet ramblings/media stunts about invasions of privacy, infringements of civil rights, etc are dismissed by the judiciary. Legislative is in some war-time only kind of gentlemen's agreement about backing any and all resolutions and regulations re: covid19 despite latest election's result. We still didn't have a government formed when corona hit so, yeah.

Fall-out of all of this is going to be interesting indeed.
I will be burned again.
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8356
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests