Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: Imagine thinking a mask impinges your freedom

Postby sparrow » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:23 am

Turns out, most people are stupid.
sparrow
BFCus Regularus

Postby Bronco » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:22 am

Having tried both, I say that breathing through a mask is a hell of a lot better than breathing through a respirator. Take your pick.
"I used to care, but things have changed"
Bob Dylan
Bronco
Old Man On The Mountain

Postby sparrow » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:23 am

Bronco wrote:Having tried both, I say that breathing through a mask is a hell of a lot better than breathing through a respirator. Take your pick.

Indeed. Someone should ask Fox "News" to spread the word.

Sidebar: how do they get away with being the lying fucking propaganda machine? Isn't this what we accuse communist countries of doing?
sparrow
BFCus Regularus

Postby Chimborazo » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:08 pm

sparrow wrote:
Bronco wrote:Having tried both, I say that breathing through a mask is a hell of a lot better than breathing through a respirator. Take your pick.

Indeed. Someone should ask Fox "News" to spread the word.

Sidebar: how do they get away with being the lying fucking propaganda machine? Isn't this what we accuse communist countries of doing?

This is what gets me. The freedom crowd pisses and moans about their rights and freedoms being infringed while rabidly supporting someone who has such clear authoritarian ambition.

I don't think any Trump supporter can argue that the Second Amendment should be interpreted such that there should be no restrictions on individual firearm ownership because it is a measure to protect America against a tyrannical government. It's now firmly been demonstrated that roughly half of us are too fucking stupid to recognize tyranny, and that we will in fact defend a tyrannical actor with our Second Amendment rights.

I also think it highlights how selfish we are as a society, and how full of shit many of these supposed pious people are (not that I didn't know these things before). If there is a 1% chance that I can protect someone by wearing a mask and enduring a smidgen of discomfort, then that's what I'm going to do.

We have people crying about masks being uncomfortable and refusing to wear them while carrying a gun everywhere for protection because they're constantly scared of the boogeyman du jour, but the libtards are the snowflakes. I do find it amusing that prior to Covid, Chairborne Rangers loved to include a tactisexual face covering in their costume but now must be feeling very conflicted.
"The terrain is just too wiley coyote for me to risk it. Slam into arch, rope breaks, in the distance as I plummet 'meep meep'" -Caliban
Chimborazo
BFCus Regularus

Previous

Return to Black Flag Cafe