Terries in Nashville

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Terries in Nashville

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:38 pm

Its a weird one.
Call of shots fired to lure first responders to the area but then playing a recording or doing a broadcast to evacuate the area instead of killing.

3 minor injuries.

Were they targeting the ATT switching building or just wanted to blow up an area not likely to have people in it?
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Terries in Nashville

Postby seektravelinfo » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:55 pm

It may have been a test run, an exercise to observe capabilities of bomb techs and of the first responders. It blew up right in front of the bomb squad once they arrived. I feel badly for Nashville. Tennessee worst state right now for Covid, that deadly tornado last year and now this.

More bombs to follow? Which cities to be hit? By whom?
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:54 pm

At least the injuries were low. It was one of those crater maker bombs too.

This would have killed scores of people near the old Bell switching building in NYC.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:53 am

[quote="Kurt"]At least the injuries were low. It was one of those crater maker bombs too.

This would have killed scores of people near the old Bell switching building in NYC.[/quote]

Those streets are heavily populated with tourists day and night. Covid of course has put a dent in that. Parking a 10 year old RV on the street there on a normal night wouldn’t have been possible. That they gave loudspeaker warnings is not known in any terrorist attack that I’ve heard of, that they appeared to seek to minimize casualties. That they parked this next to an AT&T facility suggests infrastructure was the target? I’m asking. I think the 3 people injured were cops deployed to the area, who sound like they did a pretty good job getting people evacuated before the explosion.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:59 pm

Those type of buildings are ones that every local would know but they usually do not announce themselves. So that could have been the target or just a place to park.

Id think RV would be easy to track, so i bet they have asuspect under observation right now.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:40 pm

Kurt wrote: It's a weird one (...) playing a recording or doing a broadcast to evacuate the area (...) 3 minor injuries.
Footage doesn't look like it was a pressure cookers maiming recipe pulled from the internets. Just a warning, no actual message. Not claimed.
Injuries could be anything from ears ringing, people thinking it's a hoax having sh!t their uniform pants up to lacerations from glass/debris and over-pressure screwing up your internal stuff. Minor injuries, well...
Kurt wrote: Were they targeting the ATT switching building
If you can pull of triggering that kind of explosive device, I bet you'd have the technical expertise to hit such a specific target in a more effective way.
Kurt wrote: or just wanted to blow up an area not likely to have people in it?
But what would be the point of that? It's (indeed) a weird one.
I'd love to hear MJK's take on this.

Merry X-mas all!
I will be burned again.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Kurt » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:57 am

Just for the sake of blowing something up would be someone who built a bomb in their RV for a special occasion like Trump's inauguration and then said "hmmm..that's not happening, but I did see Mr. Robot so perhaps the ATT switching building?"

So I dunno.

Right now I am leaning toward "Lone Wolf, Left Winger, made big Terry plans that are now obsolete" and then my second choice is "Lone Wolf, Right Winger hoping to trigger Martial Law for Trump"

Or it could just be a delusional person who thought they were "showing something" to someone.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:36 am

The person of interest quit-claimed his house to a young woman in California last month, without her knowledge of it. She says she’s only talking to the FBI about this.

Creepy pudgy older guy. Obsessed with electronics and computers and building bombs. Probably a lone Wolf. A conspiracist. All riled up by the internets. The relationship to the woman is troubling.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:50 am

His email address is jellybutt@mail.com

He has a criminal conviction (drugs) from 40 years ago. So probably under the radar of everyone except women who he creeped out.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Kurt » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:43 pm

The NY Post did a story about him speculating he might have been 5G paranoid. They talked to people who hired him for techie stuff and no one said anything about him other than he mentioned he liked camping.

The woman he signed his house over to was referred to asa "brunette" . So the Post still describes suspicious whit women by their hair color.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby el3so » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:23 pm

Kurt wrote:might have been 5G paranoid.
That would make some kind of sense.
The woman he signed his house over to was referred to asa "brunette". So the Post still describes suspicious whit women by their hair color.
Better than describing them by their BMI or hawtness.
Small victories, sisters.
I will be burned again.
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Postby Kurt » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:24 pm

Seems like this guy was an incel terry.

He had power of attorney over his dying brother's estate and he "quit-deeded" his brothers house to himself. Then he got sued by mom and she won and a judge awarded his brother's house to her.

It appears to be neither left wing or right wing but it was certainly odd.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby sparrow » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:12 am

Kurt wrote:Seems like this guy was an incel

At 63 years old? Seems like a difficult sell - no pun intended - if you ask me.
sparrow
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:24 am

sparrow wrote:
Kurt wrote:Seems like this guy was an incel

At 63 years old? Seems like a difficult sell - no pun intended - if you ask me.

There is no ageism in not being able to get laid.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby sparrow » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:26 am

^That kind of irrationality is generally reserved for the youth.
sparrow
BFCus Regularus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe