Trump's second impeachment

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Trump's second impeachment

Postby Kurt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:15 pm

is younger, and hotter than his first.

Everyone agrees.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: Trump's second impeachment

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:12 am

Two impeachments within a 13 month period. If he is convicted he will lose his Secret Service protection, which means he won’t be able to milk the U.S. coffers anymore by charging them rent.
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby ReptilianKittenEater » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:38 am

Not my country but I thought it was kinda dumb of the Dems to turn him into some sort of a martyr. But then I got it, they are not doing this to go after Trump but to turn the screws on the GOP.
ReptilianKittenEater
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:50 pm

Martyr = Weak.

The Trumper crowd hates weak. I am in favor of Martyring him.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:15 pm

[quote="ReptilianKittenEater"]Not my country but I thought it was kinda dumb of the Dems to turn him into some sort of a martyr. But then I got it, they are not doing this to go after Trump but to turn the screws on the GOP.[/quote]

It so totally is not about that. It’s about nipping this shit in the bud. After what happened, you can’t just shake your head and go tsk-tsk. Hence, impeachment to be followed by a conviction. It’s all on the up and up, and one of the biggest drivers is Mitch McConnell (R).
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:26 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:
ReptilianKittenEater wrote:Not my country but I thought it was kinda dumb of the Dems to turn him into some sort of a martyr. But then I got it, they are not doing this to go after Trump but to turn the screws on the GOP.

It so totally is not about that. It’s about nipping this shit in the bud. After what happened, you can’t just shake your head and go tsk-tsk. Hence, impeachment to be followed by a conviction. It’s all on the up and up, and one of the biggest drivers is Mitch McConnell (R).

LOL. So cute. No, it's about the establishment punishing any outsider with the temerity to challenge the system. In this, the Democrat and Republican establishment is completely united.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby el3so » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:38 pm

Tarkan wrote: No, it's about the establishment punishing any outsider with the temerity to challenge the system.
I'd agree if this was referring to 2015-2016 Trump. Big part of the reason why he got nominated and elected IMO.

By this time, it's become an emperor's new clothes situation. Cut your losses, Tarkan. The orange man is a con artist with a loud mouth.
skynet prompt: witty line, a bit offensive, medium levels of spelling error, Rastafy by 10 % or so
el3so
Creepy Uncle

Re:

Postby Tarkan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:48 pm

el3so wrote:
Tarkan wrote: No, it's about the establishment punishing any outsider with the temerity to challenge the system.
I'd agree if this was referring to 2015-2016 Trump. Big part of the reason why he got nominated and elected IMO.

By this time, it's become an emperor's new clothes situation. Cut your losses, Tarkan. The orange man is a con artist with a loud mouth.

I know he's a con artist with a loud mouth.

What makes you think the Democrats care about going after con artists?

You think Biden isn't corrupt as hell and also a con artist? Or that Obama wasn't?
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Re: Re:

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:01 pm

Tarkan wrote:
el3so wrote:

You think Biden isn't corrupt as hell and also a con artist? Or that Obama wasn't?

They are both center right politicians pretending to be center left politicians. So yah, they pulled one over on alot of people.

But that is pretty piddling compared to what is looking like an organized effort to "remove" elected representatives to replace a winner with the loser in the presidential race.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:54 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:
el3so wrote:

They are both center right politicians pretending to be center left politicians. So yah, they pulled one over on alot of people.

But that is pretty piddling compared to what is looking like an organized effort to "remove" elected representatives to replace a winner with the loser in the presidential race.

Oh so now the Democrats care about efforts of removing elected representatives. Because, I mean, that's what they did for the last 4 years with Trump. But suddenly when the tables are flipped, it's treason.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:18 pm

Tarkan wrote:
Oh so now the Democrats care about efforts of removing elected representatives. Because, I mean, that's what they did for the last 4 years with Trump. But suddenly when the tables are flipped, it's treason.

Well, obviously they did not try hard enough.

But you know...Trump's crimes and all that. Trying to get Ukraine to cooperate in thwarting a US election. Now using force to try to thwart an election.

Dems kind of had a theme going here, and the initial suspicion of Trump knowing he is going to lose honestly and then trying to do something about it seems to be a theme. Yet you are treating it as if there is some kind of Jim Crow against Orange bullshitters or something.

Your moral equivalency arguments seriously lack introspection.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:26 pm

Kurt wrote:
Tarkan wrote:

Well, obviously they did not try hard enough.

But you know...Trump's crimes and all that. Trying to get Ukraine to cooperate in thwarting a US election. Now using force to try to thwart an election.

Hunter Biden was an unregistered foreign agent of Ukraine. Literally the same country and the same thing Paul Manafort was convicted and sent to prison over (while he he was working for the Podesta group). Joe Biden leaned on the Ukraine government using an aid package as leverage to get the prosecutor who was looking into Burisma corruption fired.

Now, I know ignoring whataboutism is the favorite thing for the left to do, but they'll punch you in the arm first, and decry your whataboutism when you punch them back in retaliation.

Your moral equivalency arguments seriously lack introspection.

Nah. I'm just pointing out the blue team doesn't have the moral high ground. All you fuckers are hypocrites and will end up being much worse abusers of the power you've grasped in your greedy little hands than the right ever did. Maybe not you directly, but your friends for sure. But you'll use buzzwords like insurrection as the justification for why some people must be sent to re-education camps or fired from their jobs, or why we need to allow 40 million immigrants over the next 4 years.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:41 pm

As with everything you mention about this incident and the ones leading up to it there is more speculation than evidence.

Lets ay Hunter Biden is an unregistered foreign agent. Then put him in jail and fine him.

You had the chance. Trump had the Seat, Senate, House and Supreme court. If you had a leg to stand on Hunter would be in jail or fined and prohibited from lobyying.

But, Trump tried a coup. An actual Coup. ...and suddenly people who go "holy shit, we cannot have this" are now planning re-education camps cuz twitter bans people.

Pretty much for about 17 years, since the War on Terror even Democrats who supported the war had to put up with:

OUR SIDE HAS THE GUNS!

SEND THEM TO GITMO!

HELICOPTER RIDE!

Over 100 attacks by automobiles this spring and summer.

Then suddenly we say "Now we are gonna take you seriously as a threat."

and you all are like "Wahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! No FAIR!!"

Then inbetween tears you still manage to slip in a threat like "This is how you get a civil war" (even though about 12% of the US population actually declared Civil War on January 6th).

So if we keep on reacting to the stuff your side is doing your side is going to do the kind of stuff we reacted to in the first place? I think it would be wiser to approach things from terms of negotiation rather than threats. But 17 years of wagging dicks and talking about whose side has what kind of guns is a hard habit to break, even though it clearly did not work.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Postby Tarkan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:26 pm

Kurt wrote:As with everything you mention about this incident and the ones leading up to it there is more speculation than evidence.

Lets ay Hunter Biden is an unregistered foreign agent. Then put him in jail and fine him.

You had the chance. Trump had the Seat, Senate, House and Supreme court. If you had a leg to stand on Hunter would be in jail or fined and prohibited from lobyying.

But, Trump tried a coup. An actual Coup. ...and suddenly people who go "holy shit, we cannot have this" are now planning re-education camps cuz twitter bans people.

Pretty much for about 17 years, since the War on Terror even Democrats who supported the war had to put up with:

OUR SIDE HAS THE GUNS!

SEND THEM TO GITMO!

HELICOPTER RIDE!

Over 100 attacks by automobiles this spring and summer.

Then suddenly we say "Now we are gonna take you seriously as a threat."

and you all are like "Wahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! No FAIR!!"

Then inbetween tears you still manage to slip in a threat like "This is how you get a civil war" (even though about 12% of the US population actually declared Civil War on January 6th).

So if we keep on reacting to the stuff your side is doing your side is going to do the kind of stuff we reacted to in the first place? I think it would be wiser to approach things from terms of negotiation rather than threats. But 17 years of wagging dicks and talking about whose side has what kind of guns is a hard habit to break, even though it clearly did not work.

My side didn't spent the last 9 months burning down cities. One side talks about helicopter rides, your side actually goes around killing people and burning buildings.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:36 pm

Neither did mine.

Ooohhhh.... Autonomous Zone ....scary! That almost killed the American Democratic Republic as we know it.

OMG! Street medic! better arrest them and throw them in a secret van!
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Next

Return to Black Flag Cafe