A lesson for Parler from a more censored format

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

A lesson for Parler from a more censored format

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:32 pm

https://www.vice.com/en/article/3an7pn/ ... barrassing

The clue is "Crying = Fighting" is not really going to work.

A bunch of Bitchy Bitch men being Bitches does not make a website stay up.

My guess is the Parler guys wanted some sweet start up cash and are going to bail with their bucks and leave.
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: A lesson for Parler from a more censored format

Postby Kurt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:43 pm

This is a cool quote:

“In all honesty, the reason we did The Pirate Bay was to bring freedom and take back control from a centralised system,” Kolmisoppi said. “The reason that Gab et al will fail is because they're just whining bitches that have only one ideology: egotism. Sharing is caring y'all.”

All Western governments plus Russia and Brazil went after the Pirate Bay and they are still up, still pirating music and videos, still illegal, but not morally wrong. (not morally right either)
Kurt
In Manus Manus

Re: A lesson for Parler from a more censored format

Postby Tarkan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:23 pm

Kurt wrote:https://www.vice.com/en/article/3an7pn/pirate-bay-founder-thinks-parlers-inability-to-stay-online-is-embarrassing

The clue is "Crying = Fighting" is not really going to work.

A bunch of Bitchy Bitch men being Bitches does not make a website stay up.

My guess is the Parler guys wanted some sweet start up cash and are going to bail with their bucks and leave.

I don't think they are bitch bitch men being bitches, but I agree that they are business people (you are assuming their gender) who saw an opportunity that Twitter / Facebook were specifically walking away from - that is, an actual free speech platform rather than a tilted left-wing echo chamber. But yeah, the technical aptitude of Gab & Parler isn't great. Must have had the same developers that built the ACA enrollment website.

That's one of the nice things about the bfc. Antifa communist though you might be, you aren't threatened by words you don't agree with.
I'd whore myself out just one more time if I knew who to screw to get out of this grind.
Tarkan
BFCus Regularus

Return to Black Flag Cafe