2021 Death Pool

The Black Flag Cafe is the place travelers come to share stories and advice. Moderated by Robert Young Pelton the author of The World's Most Dangerous Places.

Moderator: coldharvest

Re: 2021 Death Pool

Postby Kurt » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:27 pm

snaark wrote:
snaark wrote:Same picks as last year. Eventually I'm going to get one right.

- Prince Phillip
- Henry Kissinger
- The Dalai Lama


Yay, I won! Do I get a prize?


Only if you live longer than Prince Phillip.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 20695
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: 2021 Death Pool

Postby snaark » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:52 pm

Kurt wrote:
snaark wrote:
snaark wrote:Same picks as last year. Eventually I'm going to get one right.

- Prince Phillip
- Henry Kissinger
- The Dalai Lama


Yay, I won! Do I get a prize?


Only if you live longer than Prince Phillip.


Not sure i want to if it means getting as many urinary tract infections as he had.
User avatar
snaark
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:43 am
Location: Germany

Re: 2021 Death Pool

Postby Lost Boy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:19 am

Shia LaBeouf
Bill Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
Kim Jong Un
Queen Elizabeth
Matt Groening
Michael Moore
Julian Assange
Edward Snowden
LIBERTAS ET PATRIA
User avatar
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:31 pm
Location: West of the Mississippi

Re: 2021 Death Pool

Postby snaark » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:12 pm

Lost Boy wrote:Shia LaBeouf
Bill Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
Kim Jong Un
Queen Elizabeth
Matt Groening
Michael Moore
Julian Assange
Edward Snowden


It's supposed to be a prediction, not a wish list.
User avatar
snaark
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:43 am
Location: Germany

Re: 2021 Death Pool

Postby sparrow » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:54 am

snaark wrote:
Lost Boy wrote:Shia LaBeouf
Bill Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
Kim Jong Un
Queen Elizabeth
Matt Groening
Michael Moore
Julian Assange
Edward Snowden


It's supposed to be a prediction, not a wish list.

Spit out my beer reading that

Well done
"Opinion is really the lowest form of intelligence"-Bill Bullard
User avatar
sparrow
Canadia
 
Posts: 4164
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:14 pm

Re: 2021 Death Pool

Postby Bronco » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:27 pm

Some of these lists look more like Wish Lists than predictions.
"I used to care, but things have changed"
Bob Dylan
User avatar
Bronco
Old Man On The Mountain
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Just Passin' Through..

Re: 2021 Death Pool

Postby Lost Boy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:22 am

The year is young yet. We'll see if I'm right.
LIBERTAS ET PATRIA
User avatar
Lost Boy
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:31 pm
Location: West of the Mississippi

Postby el3so » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:55 pm

Kurt wrote: Mine:

Dick Cheney
Only July yet but at least Rumsfeld croaked.
Team B shilling those 'alternative facts' before they became popular. Always looked like he had a calculator instead of a heart.
Gonna be a long night, it's gonna be all right
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8540
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re:

Postby Kurt » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:42 am

el3so wrote:
Kurt wrote: Mine:

Dick Cheney
Only July yet but at least Rumsfeld croaked.
Team B shilling those 'alternative facts' before they became popular. Always looked like he had a calculator instead of a heart.


I actually had forgotten Rumsfeld existed for a while.
If not for 9/11 Rummy would have been hailed as a military reformer but here we are with actual headlines using the term war criminal. He and Cheney knew where they wanted to take this and Mush-Head GWB would have gone with whatever they proposed.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 20695
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: Re:

Postby The Turd Polisher » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:46 pm

Kurt wrote:I actually had forgotten Rumsfeld existed for a while.
If not for 9/11 Rummy would have been hailed as a military reformer but here we are with actual headlines using the term war criminal. He and Cheney knew where they wanted to take this and Mush-Head GWB would have gone with whatever they proposed.


In addition to liberating the people of Iraq, Rummy's greatest gift might have been Diet Coke.....it was during his stint as CEO at G.D. Searle and moonlighting as part of Reagan's transition team in 1981, that he rammed through FDA approval of aspartame (a.k.a. NutraSweet).

So in addition to serving Nixon, Ford, Reagan and The Shrub....we can thank Rummy for Trump who has been rumored to down a dozen Diet Cokes each day.

Donald Rumsfeld and the Strange History of Aspartame
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-r ... s_b_805581
"Beyond our ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there."
Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
User avatar
The Turd Polisher
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:05 pm

Re: 2021 Death Pool

Postby sparrow » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:55 pm

Coke, diet coke and all the rest. Gross. I taught my kid to never drink any of that and never to go to McDonald's. And after all these years, still no on both of those things.

Lots of icons from my era are certainly passing these days. Damn, Betty White turned 99 this past January. That's a good long life. So far!
"Opinion is really the lowest form of intelligence"-Bill Bullard
User avatar
sparrow
Canadia
 
Posts: 4164
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:14 pm

Postby el3so » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:20 am

sparrow wrote: Coke, diet coke and all the rest. Gross. I taught my kid to never drink any of that and never to go to McDonald's. And after all these years, still no on both of those things.
Why deny your offspring the joys of Cuba Libres?
Gonna be a long night, it's gonna be all right
User avatar
el3so
Creepy Uncle
 
Posts: 8540
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:25 am
Location: Beglium

Re: 2021 Death Pool

Postby seektravelinfo » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:49 am

The President of Haiti. Didn’t see that one coming.
User avatar
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:18 am
Location: clevelandia

Re: 2021 Death Pool

Postby Kurt » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:19 pm

seektravelinfo wrote:The President of Haiti. Didn’t see that one coming.


Haiti is now tied with the US for number of Presidents assassinated in the last 150 years.
User avatar
Kurt
In Manus Manus
 
Posts: 20695
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:29 am
Location: New York City

Re: 2021 Death Pool

Postby seektravelinfo » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:24 am

What a grisly spectacle it was, and two of the hired killers are Florida men.
User avatar
seektravelinfo
BFCus Regularus
 
Posts: 5953
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:18 am
Location: clevelandia

PreviousNext

Return to Black Flag Cafe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests